British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn vs Leicester - Monday 02/09/24

So. It is going to be Sheffield v Ipswich and Leicester v Belle Vue in the play offs...

Well done Sheffield on finishing top...

Can't wait...

It will be brilliant...

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well done to the Stars. 5 wins on the spin with a severely patched up side.

Well done to the Stars. 5 wins on the spin with somebody else's side :D.

Edited by iainb

13 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Enjoyed that match some decent races - not for the first time you can’t help but wonder if KL could stop sodding about for half the season they could actually be contenders one time! 

While Chapman and Allitt are still involved at KL they will never run correctly. Only 2 good races tonight, the rest was gate and go. Feel sorry for the fans but while they keep going Chapman will keep treating them with contempt. 

35 minutes ago, iainb said:

Bomber removing his cut out lanyard after he wins a race. 

04.2.19 Throttle Control and Cut Out

Throttle controls must be self-closing when not held by hand.

An ignition cut-out, earthed to the diamond or engine, must be fitted either on the front fork triple clamp (i.e. handlebar plate) or on the right-hand side of the handlebar, as close as is practicable to the throttle.

It must stop the engine immediately, by the simple action of pulling a lanyard or a non-elastic string, which must be as short as possible, attached to the rider’s right wrist or mechanic’s right wrist at all times whilst the motorcycle is in motion and/or the engine is running.

I've said this many times before, also to commentators etc. but seemingly no-one enforces the rule. When a bike drives forwards and injures people maybe they'll do something. They also do it all the time in the GP's and at meetings I've seen live - it shows how like sheep they are as it doesn't really save any time does it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I've said this many times before, also to commentators etc. but seemingly no-one enforces the rule. When a bike drives forwards and injures people maybe they'll do something. They also do it all the time in the GP's and at meetings I've seen live - it shows how like sheep they are as it doesn't really save any time does it!

It's like the practice starts with no helmets on, there are a number of riders that still continue to do it and a lot of them do kind of almost starts, when is a start not a start? If you're not going to enforce these rules get them out of the rule book. I did notice that after his 2nd heat victory Bomber took his lanyard off to remove his goggles but then did put his lanyard back on, so maybe somebody did have a word with him. 

Edited by iainb

7 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Enjoyed that match some decent races - not for the first time you can’t help but wonder if KL could stop sodding about for half the season they could actually be contenders one time! 

Absolutely agree,if we could actually start and finish the season with the same 7 bar injuries we might actually do something.Our last 4 matches at home we have won with the opposing teams having to use their tac subs,3 of those were against play off teams.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rickyag said:

While Chapman and Allitt are still involved at KL they will never run correctly. Only 2 good races tonight, the rest was gate and go. Feel sorry for the fans but while they keep going Chapman will keep treating them with contempt. 

Well I remember 5 overtakes off the top of my head.Harris on Douglas twice,Kvech on Cook,Kerr on Lawson,Lambert on Masters,Fricke and Kvech on each other.There you go that's more than 5.You obviously choose to see what you want to see to be able have another dig at Lynn wherever possible.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Well I remember 5 overtakes off the top of my head.Harris on Douglas twice,Kvech on Cook,Kerr on Lawson,Lambert on Masters,Fricke and Kvech on each other.There you go that's more than 5.You obviously choose to see what you want to see to be able have another dig at Lynn wherever possible.

And you don't have to have overtaking to be a good race. (Rowe riding a perfect line in heat 10 to beat masters) Close racing and not too strung out in most heats and a close scoreline throughout. 

Dunno what it looked like on TV, but trackside, was a great match to finish on.... although slower due to TV cameras and number of restarts

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AceBelle said:

farcial for the sake of waiting 2 days to get the correct semi-finals !!

Maybe the TV company now involved wants to make UK Speedway run like other sports? 

ie. You agree a timeline between you, and then you both stick to it..

A novel approach...:D