British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn vs Leicester - Monday 02/09/24

5 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I wonder who will be guesting for Lynn with Oxford, Belle Vue and Birmingham not riding… I imagine we’ll do R/R for Basso again and have guests for Klindt and Wojdylo 

Ben Cook at 1 for Basso ?

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Does it really matter who guests or anything like that,, the result has no bearing on anything 

What makes matters worse is that Eurosport will be covering this! Pressure on  Kevin Tatters to big up the importance of the meeting. The likely meeting outcome of course will be influenced by the findings of the dirtometer, which will impact on gate positions.

If you are interested in examining track surfaces and have the opportunity to do so (Birmingham allowed fans to do this on track walks a couple of years ago, do they still do so?), you can purchase a dirtometer from me directly for £49.99 including postage. This device is endorsed by Kelv and should not be confused with inferior products which appear to just be screwdrivers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

Probably matters to those who are going to watch and want an enjoyable meeting for their last speedway fix of the season.

What's enjoyable about watching 15 heats of gate and go Speedway where it doesn't matter in any way what the outcome is? The only jeopardy in this is for Lions to come out of it with no injuries, 75-15 with Lions 50 yards adrift in every race would suit me just fine. 

• Like 1

S.Lambert and Blodorn is my guess.Or maybe the weather will win the day.

Edit:Just seen the forecast has improved from when I last looked,although they did say a quiet night tonight and it has just poured it down for the last 20 minutes.

Editx2:Just seen Harris might have become available,would they dare change.

Edited by tellboy

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

What's enjoyable about watching 15 heats of gate and go Speedway where it doesn't matter in any way what the outcome is? The only jeopardy in this is for Lions to come out of it with no injuries, 75-15 with Lions 50 yards adrift in every race would suit me just fine. 

Thought you watched gate and go speedway every week🤔.

You don't want to finish top of the pile then?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

What's the point? We've been handed "the prize" anyway. 

I think you will win the play offs,but if my team were where you are I would want them to win their last 2 matches and finish top of the pile.

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I think you will win the play offs,but if my team were where you are I would want them to win their last 2 matches and finish top of the pile.

Absolutely worthless, they'd be better off getting their averages down for next season

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

Absolutely worthless, they'd be better off getting their averages down for next season

Been out all day and only just read about the finishing order.I get what you are saying now,what a load of crap.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

1 Ben Cook (G)

2 Kemp/Mountain (G)

3 Kvech

4 Harris/Brennan (G)

5 Iversen

6 Kerr

7 Rowe

that 7 would be ideal tbh, but I can’t see it!!

Wishful thinking and a bit too optimistic I fear. I’ll go:

1. Basso R/R

2. Rowe*

3. Iversen

4. Harris (g)

5. Kvech

6. S Lambert (g)

7. Kerr

*New averages come into force from today seeing Rowe move in to the 1-5

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

Wishful thinking and a bit too optimistic I fear. I’ll go:

1. Basso R/R

2. Rowe*

3. Iversen

4. Harris (g)

5. Kvech

6. S Lambert (g)

7. Kerr

*New averages come into force from today seeing Rowe move in to the 1-5

I did say “but I can’t see it”

Harris and Blodorn will have to ride better than their last appearances at the Norfolk Arena, otherwise it's gonna be a very long night, even more drawn out than the usual Eurosport shows.... 

One wonders if they have been chosen to ensure leicester pick up the full 5 points and win by more than 15 to finish top.....

would have preferred Lawson to guest and Harris or Blodorn cover the vacant leicester no. 2 position. Its british speedway, so don't see why not - must be in the rules somewhere... ;)

Edited by kelvinht

20 hours ago, iainb said:

What's enjoyable about watching 15 heats of gate and go Speedway where it doesn't matter in any way what the outcome is? 

Could be written any week from April for any meeting.....:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, iainb said:

What's the point? We've been handed "the prize" anyway. 

So if it turns out Lions meet Tigers in final, Leicester will have choice of leg at home, or will it still depend which team finishes top of the regular season?