British Speedway Forum

Oh god, please no... I've had enough for one day! Can't we do this tomorrow? I just want to enjoy tonight's GP 😁

At least with Belle Vue and Sheffield conspiring to rig the pay offs it'll give Brady a couple of weeks off to "recover"

Edited by iainb

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Oh god, please no... I've had enough for one day! Can't we do this tomorrow? I just want to enjoy tonight's GP 😁

At least with Belle Vue and Sheffield conspiring to rig the pay offs it'll give Brady a couple of weeks off to "recover"

doesn't need his protective boot this time :rofl:

• Haha 1

On 8/31/2024 at 3:56 PM, AceBelle said:

yes Brady riding today for Rybnik  🤣

I expect Brady has various priorities including helping Rybnik to a league title and qualifying for the GPs. He’s bust a gut helping BV to the play offs and their expected failure in the semis against Sheffield is no reflection on him. I doubt there’s another BV rider who has done more for the Aces than he has this year but his discomfort was plain to see after last Monday’s home meeting. 

• Like 4

Expect we’ll get another weird SCB statement.

“We just want to say that Brady’s done nothing wrong but if he does in the future we’ll have ’im. 

There’s been lots of injured riders in the past that just returned to their UK team following injury without comment but we felt it important to try and associate Brady with rule breaking, even though he’s broke no rule. The SCB thanks the BSPL for their help and assistance with this statement about Brady being a wrong un, even though he’s not but maybe could be. This applies to all rides but it’s best to mention it now, just incase. Oh and we’d just like to add that we are monitoring the situation should Brady break any rules, not that he has but just in case. Better safe than sorry, eh?“

I don't think Kurtz has done anything wrong, on this occasion, has he? He's just come back from injury for his Polish club. If he were to continue to ride for Rybnik while missing Belle Vue matches I would expect to see action taken, but as nothing has been done to Tungate and Lampart I assume the SCB are just letting anything go now. 

5 hours ago, iainb said:

I don't think Kurtz has done anything wrong, on this occasion, has he? He's just come back from injury for his Polish club. If he were to continue to ride for Rybnik while missing Belle Vue matches I would expect to see action taken, but as nothing has been done to Tungate and Lampart I assume the SCB are just letting anything go now. 

If any rider continued to ride for their foreign club whilst missing UK meeting I would expect action taken. 
Maybe we should set up a thread called if’s, but’s & maybe’s as there’s not enough wrong with the sport so we (and the SCB) have time to pick on riders who have done nothing wrong - just incase.