British Speedway Forum

Time to sack Phil Morris?

20 hours ago, ShanoXtra said:

I’d beg to differ. The gate almost doubled when Doyle and Emil started together. If you say that people will turn up no matter what riders then explain why Ipswich gates dropped when both the top two were out?

When I said Doyle’s costs it’s to state how much it takes out of the pot for Ipswich. And I’m not saying how to make it profitable for other lower ranked riders. The bigger picture is to make it sustainable as a sport? And infrastructure needs improving. 

The problem is speedway as a sport is in a bubble. Half the youngsters around our towns / cities wouldn’t even know what speedway is.

When Jason arrived at Ipswich in 2022 it got me & a few others who had become once or twice visitors to going to around half that seasons home fixtures. The last two seasons with Jason & Emil we have been pretty much ever presents accept missing meetings due to holidays. Those two have had a massive impact on Ipswich speedway & brought the feel good factor back.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

When Jason arrived at Ipswich in 2022 it got me & a few others who had become once or twice visitors to going to around half that seasons home fixtures. The last two seasons with Jason & Emil we have been pretty much ever presents accept missing meetings due to holidays. Those two have had a massive impact on Ipswich speedway & brought the feel good factor back.

The biggest issue the sport in the UK has.

Bring in lads of this truly World Class level and, as we have seen, they can miss UK racing but still ride in Poland, and elsewhere, or simply get injured and cannot ride anywhere...

Thus, meaning guestfests which knacker any chance of the sport progressing, as winning any league carries little merit or credibility..

However, they put plenty of bums on seats whenever they ride as it brings out those (like me), who are not bothered about the meeting result, but just want to see top talent "live"...

And there are many thousands out there with that view..

Phil will know that without credibility, selling the league to sponsors and wider TV and written media will be difficult at best, impossible at worst...

He doesnt though have a magic wand to make all the required changes happen...

On 9/17/2024 at 7:08 PM, ShanoXtra said:

This is 100% not factual so don’t shoot me down but I heard mumbles that this season Doyle got around £85k from witches, But I also know that each of his engines are £6,500 and he bought 10 of them in the last off season (and he unfortunately never used them this season)!

A quick look at Companies House gives you an idea of finances...