British Speedway Forum

Time to sack Phil Morris?

“The clubs... can now go ahead with promotion and publicity for their semi-finals with full clarity regarding their dates and opponents.”

I wonder what this promotion and publicity will consist of?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, iainb said:

“The clubs... can now go ahead with promotion and publicity for their semi-finals with full clarity regarding their dates and opponents.”

It's already done! They have posted the press release on their websites! How's that for speed!

1 minute ago, Happy Hunter said:

It's already done! They have posted the press release on their websites! How's that for speed!

If you fix it, they will come

Phil'll fix it,  Phil'll fix it

Phil'll fix it for you and you and you-oo-oo

40 minutes ago, iainb said:

If you fix it, they will come

Phil'll fix it,  Phil'll fix it

Phil'll fix it for you and you and you-oo-oo

“Now then, now then, How’s about that then?,Guys and gals”.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

"Please share it on your socials" ..

"Bring a friend"....

Edit. (Oh and if applicable)...

"Free Car Parking"

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I'm not sure if he should be sacked but I want to know what he has actually done to improve British speedway since he's taken the reigns?

Anyone got anything he's done ?

The No Brakes No Fear podcast from a couple of weeks ago is worth a listen, a long interview with Phil Morris about what he's been doing.

• Like 1

STATEMENT FROM BRITISH SPEEDWAY PROMOTERS LTD

We would like to clear up a misunderstanding amongst Speedway supporters regarding the appointment of Phil Morris to oversee the Premier League and its play-offs.

When we appointed Phil Morris "to fix" British Speedway, it seems that some fans have stupidly misunderstood our use of the verb "to fix"

These imbecile fans thought we were using the verb "to fix" in the sense of  "to repair; mend; to put in order or in good condition".  (e.g. the plumber fixed the leaky toilet)

The BSPL would like to clarify that we were of course using the verb "to fix" in the sense of  "to arrange or influence the outcome or action of, especially privately or dishonestly"  (e.g. Vladimir Putin fixed the American election).

It is clear to anyone with half a brain that we never intended for Phil Morris to repair, mend, or put the sport in good order.  We hope that fans will now fully understand that Phil Morris has indeed successfully fixed the Premiership.   Meanwhile the BSPL toilet is still leaking.

• Haha 8

36 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

We would like to clear up a misunderstanding amongst Speedway supporters regarding the appointment of Phil Morris to oversee the Premier League and its play-offs.

When we appointed Phil Morris "to fix" British Speedway, it seems that some fans have stupidly misunderstood our use of the verb "to fix"

These imbecile fans thought we were using the verb "to fix" in the sense of  "to repair; mend; to put in order or in good condition".  (e.g. the plumber fixed the leaky toilet)

The BSPL would like to clarify that we were of course using the verb "to fix" in the sense of  "to arrange or influence the outcome or action of, especially privately or dishonestly"  (e.g. Vladimir Putin fixed the American election).

It is clear to anyone with half a brain that we never intended for Phil Morris to repair, mend, or put the sport in good order.  We hope that fans will now fully understand that Phil Morris has indeed successfully fixed the Premiership.   Meanwhile the BSPL toilet is still leaking.

Naughty....,..:D

Anyway, nothing to fix.... ;)

Edited by mikebv

8 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Well that just about says it all for me. I have been involved in Speedway all my life....well at least starting 1959 a few years after leaving the womb, I have done everything I can in Speedway from Fan to Rider to Promoter to National referee, yes mainly in Canada but I have never heard anything more INANE, stupid, ridiculous, idiotic and any other words you can think of for the way they have decided the playoffs this year.....How can our beloved sport be taken seriously after garbage decisions like this. I don't need any answers because I know there are no sensible answers to this, just wanted to spout off, which I rarely do, i.e NEVER! So please forgive me!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, andout said:

Well that just about says it all for me. I have been involved in Speedway all my life....well at least starting 1959 a few years after leaving the womb, I have done everything I can in Speedway from Fan to Rider to Promoter to National referee, yes mainly in Canada but I have never heard anything more INANE, stupid, ridiculous, idiotic and any other words you can think of for the way they have decided the playoffs this year.....How can our beloved sport be taken seriously after garbage decisions like this. I don't need any answers because I know there are no sensible answers to this, just wanted to spout off, which I rarely do, i.e NEVER! So please forgive me!

I woudn't worry about it too much if I were you, there's nothing in it . It's just Pottering Around's sense of humour going into overdrive😀.

I wouldn't mind betting that a fair few forum members would have been taken in by it initially as we all know the people that "run" this sport are just awful at what they do & capable of anything.😄😄

19 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

We love you too :D

X

Thanks for the love 😀. I tried to post twice yesterday but i was so pd off that my words were a little off for this forum so i deleted them.

I started watching this sport in 1972 and have loved it .But how the sport has gone over the years has finally got to me. Three years ago i had a season ticket for both the Aces and the Colts .But this year i have been to watch 3 live meetings. I won't do a list of all the crap that has gone on over the last few years as you all will know. Its been building for a few years now and i have just realised that i cannot support a team in a sport that really is not a sport anymore its become a pile of contrived rubbish i have had enough. So unless feelings change i will be joining the many before me and walk away.  I will still look in on this forum but not comment as i have retired and get a little bored and old habbits etc. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Thanks for the love 😀. I tried to post twice yesterday but i was so pd off that my words were a little off for this forum so i deleted them.

I started watching this sport in 1972 and have loved it .But how the sport has gone over the years has finally got to me. Three years ago i had a season ticket for both the Aces and the Colts .But this year i have been to watch 3 live meetings. I won't do a list of all the crap that has gone on over the last few years as you all will know. Its been building for a few years now and i have just realised that i cannot support a team in a sport that really is not a sport anymore its become a pile of contrived rubbish i have had enough. So unless feelings change i will be joining the many before me and walk away.  I will still look in on this forum but not comment as i have retired and get a little bored and old habbits etc. 

I know exactly how you feel. Not a professional sport anymore.

30 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

You have joined a long, long list of fans who still love watching the sport, and still follow it closely, but attend UK speedway infrequently.....

This year I have attended the PCMM and the SON Final..

"Made Up Speedway"?

I, (like so many others), will give it a miss...

Edited by mikebv
  • Sad 1

On 8/31/2024 at 11:05 AM, mikebv said:

With the whole shebang being built around the agenda of the riders not the agenda of the paying spectator. .There is fundamentally zero point investing emotionally into a team sport when it is nothing more than a random, ad-hoc collection of riders, who will invariably be a different set of riders "representing you" the next time you set foot in the stadium..

Right there is the single biggest problem with British speedway, a sport run by the riders for the riders 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

You have joined a long, long list of fans who still love watching the sport, and still follow it closely, but attend UK speedway infrequently.....

This year I have attended the PCMM and the SON Final..

"Made Up Speedway"?

I, (like so many others), will give it a miss...

I still come on here most days and have a read,, it brightens up my day reading stuff from people that still think this is a real and serious sport,, the ones that defend it have me in tears of laughter. I thank them greatly, cos when I'm feeling down and depressed, this is my come to place for cheering myself up. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I still come on here most days and have a read,, it brightens up my day reading stuff from people that still think this is a real and serious sport,, the ones that defend it have me in tears of laughter. I thank them greatly, cos when I'm feeling down and depressed, this is my come to place for cheering myself up. 

"If they are wearing my teams' colours, I will support them"...:D:D:D