British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

2 hours ago, ShanoXtra said:

Today I got a reply from Jim:

Dear Sir.
Thank you for your email, the comments of which are noted.

It would be inappropriate of me as the Independent Chairman of the SCB to make any comment.

Thank you for supporting our great sport and that you continue to do so.

Yours in sport.

Jim Lawrence
SCB Chairman

Independent Chairman!?  In other words, completely ineffectual.  What's the point?

Send your e-mail to Neil Vatcher: neil@scbgb.co.uk

... so that he can ignore it too.

Maybe copy-in Speedway Star and the BSPA/L ...

Edited by Roger Jacobs

2 hours ago, ShanoXtra said:

Today I got a reply from Jim:

Dear Sir.
Thank you for your email, the comments of which are noted.

It would be inappropriate of me as the Independent Chairman of the SCB to make any comment.

Thank you for supporting our great sport and that you continue to do so.

Yours in sport.

Jim Lawrence
SCB Chairman

I got the same reply,apart from he added after,our great sport for 50+years.

Not commented on this thread as of yet but felt the referee got the Rew taking Brennan off wrong

Fricke lifting with all 4 back was correct but made to look incorrect based on the Rew decision

Fans moan the referee is inconsistent but once the first call is wrong, to gain consistency everything should be wrong, right?

Some ipswich fans evening claiming the referee robbed them of a 5-0 in heat 13? Madness

Take the referee out of the equation and ipswich had ample opportunity to get to the final without any referee assistance 

Leicester were also unlucky with a rider packing up on the start line 

Suck it up and move on, its not life or death 

• Like 3

On 9/14/2024 at 12:34 AM, szkocjasid said:

Happy enough with your U21 suggestion, question - if Lambert & Bewley were "rising stars" at 20 years old, would you have them riding at reserve or on the heat leader positions their averages dictated?

Re, riders not being allowed to return to the RS scheme once they've "graduated" if a rider gets 3 3.90 ave one season, 3.80 the next, 3.70 after that, do they really deserve to be a "rising star" over someone who averaged 3.98 then 4.02, then 3.98 again?

Zmarzlik stayed as a number 7 for Gorzow until he was above the under 21 rule, If the rule is there it has to be for all.  They could cover that by adding any rider who gets an average 7 or above cant be an RS.

On your 4 point average question then yes there has to be a cut off, don't see an issue with it, and if there was an under 21 rule then the 4point average would only be in play for 2 seasons max. 

On 9/13/2024 at 11:55 AM, pauliejaz said:

I don't think it is if you take into account british reductions, plus Dan T 25% reduction too and he will ride at 6 

Not on the numbers I've seen, but they could be slightly out. 

On 9/14/2024 at 12:34 AM, szkocjasid said:

Happy enough with your U21 suggestion, question - if Lambert & Bewley were "rising stars" at 20 years old, would you have them riding at reserve or on the heat leader positions their averages dictated?

Re, riders not being allowed to return to the RS scheme once they've "graduated" if a rider gets 3 3.90 ave one season, 3.80 the next, 3.70 after that, do they really deserve to be a "rising star" over someone who averaged 3.98 then 4.02, then 3.98 again?

5 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Zmarzlik stayed as a number 7 for Gorzow until he was above the under 21 rule, If the rule is there it has to be for all.  They could cover that by adding any rider who gets an average 7 or above cant be an RS.

On your 4 point average question then yes there has to be a cut off, don't see an issue with it, and if there was an under 21 rule then the 4 point average would only be in play for 2 seasons max. 

I have no issue with running the RS scheme like Poland does with their U21 reserves, but British Speedway does. A couple of times they've had rules for British reserves, but declined to keep them there for the season.