British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

9 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Just hope for Ipswich’s sake that Torun don’t put their foot down and instruct Emil not to ride next week. Know they pay the huge wages and all that but Ipswich deserve to be able to put out their strongest team and not get railed roaded by another league. 

Emil isn’t riding next week, he is out of the semis but would come back for the final, if we get through. The team announced for Monday night could do a job on Leicester, presuming our actually team turns up like last night. Although the second leg is anyways guess… Lynn run them good away last night though !

8 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Having decided not to go to the 2nd leg of the cup (which i perhaps regret now) I do intend to go to this, Home leg will be close i think, but expecting a Tigers v Lions final

I think a lot of people stayed away last night fearing a demolishing job. I only went because stupidly I bought flights for my girlfriend to come for a long weekend and watch both home meetings before Emil got injured ! Hoping the crowd improves for Monday as it could be a good match up and maybe last home meeting of the season! 

12 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

Emil isn’t riding next week, he is out of the semis but would come back for the final, if we get through. The team announced for Monday night could do a job on Leicester, presuming our actually team turns up like last night. Although the second leg is anyways guess… Lynn run them good away last night though !

And only last week realised her being over here this weekend means she misses the home tie against Wroclaw in Gorzów for polish semi finals so it was a disaster decision from me !!!!

Looking at the form guide as we enter the play offs, the Lions are looking good. 

6 wins out of the last 7 meetings with super wins away at Birmingham & Ipswich and a disappointing loss at Kings Lynn. 

The Aces on the other hand look vulnerable. 

5 wins out of the last 7 meetings with fortunate wins away at Birmingham & Ipswich and an expected loss at Kings Lynn. 

21 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

Hope if he rides for Torun this weekend they don’t slap him with 28 day ban for not riding next week, we’ve enough times when common sense doesn’t come into play from BSPL

33 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

6 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

If he rides in Poland but then not here, he is due a ban, nothing to do with common sense

You are right, but wonder if the ‘commercial’ decision making will come into it

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

If he rides in Poland but then not here, he is due a ban, nothing to do with common sense

Surely won’t make any difference as Ipswich will get a facility which is no different to what they have now.

A lot of people now realise that building a team around two big hitters is a disaster if both get injured at the same time.

Personally I think Emil wants to ride for Toruń and Ipswich. But it wouldn’t surprise me if the Ipswich management have kind of said just don’t worry this year and just lets him focus on Toruń and maybe get him to promise to sign for next season. (Ok the last part is more of my hopes!)

12 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Emils injury was a sliding door moment for sure, had he maybe sat back and settled for the 2nd place instead of trying to overtake Jack Holder he would in all probability not been injured, Ipswich would have lost the meeting or drawn it? I cant recall now and playoffs and cup finals might have been very different!

The thing is Emil going for it like he did makes Emil what he is and why he puts bums on seats. It wouldn't have effected the pay offs they were always going to be what they were... rigged!

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

They've stopped giving out 28 day bans for missing matches, apparently. 

Just catching a snippet of what Chris Louis was saying about Freddie Lindgren on the podcast, didn't he mention something about him only being contracted to ride over here until the end of August or something so that's why the Polish clubs are clamping down on rider usage. 

Just now, Fozzie4388 said:

Lewis Kerr has been booked to guest for Cook.

Hagon Returns

No Douglas on Monday due to struggling with burn on his Arm R/R to be used.

Stewart Dickson was saying last night that Douglas has an infected sprained wrist. I think he's been struggling with it for some time. 

47 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Lewis Kerr has been booked to guest for Cook.

Hagon Returns

No Douglas on Monday due to struggling with burn on his Arm R/R to be used.

A guest for Hagon maybe have been a better option the form he is in currently but Kerr is in good form and will be a good guest, I would say better than the rider he is replacing.

Edited by foreverblue