British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

Love that people are trying to get Emil a ban.

A few weeks ago, nobody gave a crap. Now Ipswich aren't looking like push overs and are a threat, people are trying to weaken them. Some people are getting worried lol

Hope the Ipswich guys can use this to spur them on even more.

Edited by KevtheRev
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

A few of us seem to understand this. Some choose not to.

After Thursday night we will find out if Ipswich need him for their Final, and after Friday night we will know if Toruń need him for their Final ...

Poland have 3rd & 4th play/offs so he will be needed for that :t:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ouch said:

I think most if not all fans are not unhappy with the Emil situation. It’s more a reaction to the riders who were banned for said same situation previously. 

Spot on,I'm glad Emil is making sure he is 100% fit before returning to the UK.I agree that it is more to do with the double standards by the BSPA/SCB giving out bans that gets me and many others.Basso imo opinion shouldn't have had a ban going on Emil's situation,Basso wasn't fit but rode in Poland and then not the UK.

1 hour ago, KevtheRev said:

A few weeks ago, nobody gave a crap. Now Ipswich aren't looking like push overs and are a threat, people are trying to weaken them. Some people are getting worried lol

It’s a shame Doyle doesn’t just randomly turn up and jump on a bike and show everyone that Ipswich would have walked over all other teams this season with our full 1-7!

2 hours ago, ouch said:

I think most if not all fans are not unhappy with the Emil situation. It’s more a reaction to the riders who were banned for said same situation previously. 

Nail on head.

1 hour ago, KevtheRev said:

Nope, folk just want consistency.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IainB said:

Ipswich, Birmingham, King's Lynn and Oxford guys :D

Be thankful we have the other guests! Everyone knows with our actual 1-7 team we would have walked the league :D even with Doyle missing nobody could catch us :D the only people missing out in this Emil situation is witches fans, and hardly any of them are complaining because they already gave up this season.

Called it before Monday and I'll stick with it, Ipswich will qualify.

Ipswich are too solid with Kvech and Brennan guesting imo, They cant fill the void of Doyley and Emil but they can chip in with 7+ points each and that's enough imo.

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Ipswich are too solid with Kvech and Brennan guesting imo, They cant fill the void of Doyley and Emil but they can chip in with 7+ points each and that's enough imo.

Nah, deffo Lions through

6 minutes ago, Roundthebend said:

Nah, deffo Lions through

I don't see how they can make up the 8 imo.

Dan Thompson and Boughen will get the better of Kerr and Hagon again imo considering the form of all four riders so realistically the Lions are down by a Double figure deficit.

Fricke, Lawson, Masters and Becker will have to outscore Ipswich's 1-5 by a minimum of 10 points to stand a chance of qualifying.

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

I don't see how they can make up the 8 imo.

Dan Thompson and Boughen will get the better of Kerr and Hagon again imo considering the form of all four riders so realistically the Lions are down by a Double figure deficit.

Fricke, Lawson, Masters and Becker will have to outscore Ipswich's 1-5 by a minimum of 10 points to stand a chance of qualifying.

It basically sits with Ellis and Kew imo. Honestly even as a witches fan it’s a flip of a coin and who wants it more on the night. 

8 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

It basically sits with Ellis and Kew imo. Honestly even as a witches fan it’s a flip of a coin and who wants it more on the night. 

Something like this would be enough, Doesn't even need anyone to have a blinder, Just a solid but not spectacular showing throughout.

Kvech 7

King 6

Rew 5

Brennan 8

Ellis 5

Thompson 8

Boughen 3

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShanoXtra said:

Douglas has a cut on his arm and Emil a hole in his arse from one of the worst British crashes this season, lives in another country but everyone chooses to moan about Emil missing the meetings. When it suits I guess! 

Douglas isn't riding elsewhere to be fair.

Clearly Emil has been told not to travel by his Polish team, I suspect having a meeting Sunday and Monday then Thursday and Friday would be difficult in his current position.  Footballers do it all the time, When KDB came back from Injury for city last year Pep Initially said he wasn't fit to play two games in a week, so i guess its the same for Emil, he's just about fit enough to ride Sunday and Friday but his body wont take another two meetings in-between.  Not everything in life is black and white.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShanoXtra said:

Be thankful we have the other guests! Everyone knows with our actual 1-7 team we would have walked the league :D even with Doyle missing nobody could catch us :D the only people missing out in this Emil situation is witches fans, and hardly any of them are complaining because they already gave up this season.

You would have finished top yes,  but no guarantee of the play offs. 

1 hour ago, TTT said:

I don't see it myself, 8 points is not enough. 

44 minutes ago, TTT said:

Something like this would be enough, Doesn't even need anyone to have a blinder, Just a solid but not spectacular showing throughout.

Kvech 7

King 6

Rew 5

Brennan 8

Ellis 5

Thompson 8

Boughen 3

Sorry Rew*

Thomson on an 8 is my worry. I could see Lawson and Fricke being solid all night. We need to get the better of Becker and the reserves.

i think whatever happens, everyone can be glad it is coming down to a close meeting. I would just enjoy to get to the final to see Emil this season again. He deserves it after how hard he pushed without Doyle. 

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Would like to see Ipswich do it,as I said the other night we like to see an under dog come through.Unsure on Kvech getting 7+ there though.He was poor there for Lynn a week ago getting 5pts,only really beating Thompson.Douglas excluded in one,Lawson falling in another and beating S.Lambert his partner in another.

4 hours ago, ouch said:

I think that giving up Thursday as their priority night means the UK really shouldnt complain if riders miss meetings..

By doing what they did means "perfectly fit" riders can miss UK matches..

Therefore, it is now "officially ok" to miss meetings over here...

Not a great message to put out if you want Poland (and their riders) to take you seriously...

And then to be inconsistent in their use of rules just needlessly compounds the problems they face..

Riders miss meetings virtually every meeting for various reasons so just plan in another guest for missing Polish league lads and move on..

No inconsistency of rules implementation because you wont need them...

• Like 1