British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

19 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

The Ipswich team would have been put forward to the SCB 3 days ago. Then Emil does well in his first few rides & Ipswich cancel the guest option expecting Emil to be in England. He then suffers after the Polish meeting & Ipswich have to re-book a guest.

GET REAL GUYS!

Yes. And no certificate covering the 9th. Therefore no guest allowed. Interesting that this SCB statement has not been posted onto the SGB website, as it would normally have been.

38 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

SCB statement:

On Tuesday 10th September the Speedway Control Bureau (SCB) recieved an injury/sick note for Ipswich Rider Emil Sayfutdinov who despite representing his Polish Club on Sunday 8th September was unable to travel to the UK due to dehydration and exhaustion following the event in Poland.

Mr Sayfutdinov has been signed out up-to-and-including the 12th September.

The Ipswich team will be granted a facilty during this period.

So does that imply that Ipswich won't be granted a facility after Thursday? 

i.e. If Ipswich qualify for the final the Emil needs to ride or they will not get a facility

5 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

1. If Emil rode last night, Ipswich would have a 12-14 point lead.

2. If Emil told Torun he was riding last night, Torun would have been powerless to stop him.

Which of those statements do you disagree with?

Both.

1. we will never know what any score might have been ... as I have always said: race the same meeting tonight, with the same riders, and you'll get a different result.

2. I agree that Toruń would have been powerless to stop him, but I don't believe that Sayfutdinov was ever likely to travel, and Ipswich knew that. He must be in discomfort which would make tough for him to race on consecutive days, let alone travel a distance in between. Toruń might have put pressure on, but they must have known they were taking a calculated risk.

Given the positive impact he's had on British speedway, Sayfutdinov has earned a bit of leeway.

Similar applies to Doyle - as soon as he was told the significance of his injury, he took the personal decision to write off this season, because of the impact it could have on later life. Another rider might have taken the risk to get as fit as soon possible to return before the season was out. As it is, Ipswich have continued with a facility.

48 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

i.e. If Ipswich qualify for the final the Emil needs to ride or they will not get a facility

It means that if Leicester win, there's nothing to worry about, and if Ipswich do cause an upset then decisions have to be made ... will another week make a difference to Sayfutdinov's fitness, and ... will Toruń qualify?

54 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

No it means that as things stands he is signed off up to & including the 12th should Ipswich make the final then his fitness will be reviewed & if still unable to take his place a facility will be granted.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

No it means that as things stands he is signed off up to & including the 12th should Ipswich make the final then his fitness will be reviewed & if still unable to take his place a facility will be granted.

That would be inconsistent with how Plymouth were treated with Covatti , but we'll see I guess after Sunday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Yes. And no certificate covering the 9th. Therefore no guest allowed. Interesting that this SCB statement has not been posted onto the SGB website, as it would normally have been.

How do you know there wasn't a certificate up to the 9th September?  Brennan was booked as a guest a while ago.

The usual lack of transparency is the biggest problem.

I don't follow the Ekstraliga closely, but after just looking at their fixtures, I can see that Toruń's second leg is on Friday night!!

No wonder then that Sayfutdinov isn't riding for Ipswich, with consecutive nights in different countries at the beginning and end of this week.

The biggest question now has to be: if the dates for the Premiership PO Semis were agreed by all four clubs, why on earth did Ipswich agree to ride in the first week?!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I don't follow the Ekstraliga closely, but after just looking at their fixtures, I can see that Toruń's second leg is on Friday night!!

No wonder then that Sayfutdinov isn't riding for Ipswich, with consecutive nights in different countries at the beginning and end of this week.

The biggest question now has to be: if the dates for the Premiership PO Semis were agreed by all four clubs, why on earth did Ipswich agree to ride in the first week?!

I'm not sure they had any input on that...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

How do you know there wasn't a certificate up to the 9th September?  Brennan was booked as a guest a while ago.

The usual lack of transparency is the biggest problem.

Not for certain - but riding for Torun on the 8th would indicate a certificate didn't exist to cover that day, or it had been revoked. And the SCB statement clearly says the 10th. So I'd say it's reasonable to conclude there was quite possibly nothing covering the 9th. 

6 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Not for certain - but riding for Torun on the 8th would indicate a certificate didn't exist to cover that day, or it had been revoked. And the SCB statement clearly says the 10th. So I'd say it's reasonable to conclude there was quite possibly nothing covering the 9th. 

It was recieved on the 10th, it may well have been dated or issued on the 9th...

4 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

SCB statement:

On Tuesday 10th September the Speedway Control Bureau (SCB) recieved an injury/sick note for Ipswich Rider Emil Sayfutdinov who despite representing his Polish Club on Sunday 8th September was unable to travel to the UK due to dehydration and exhaustion following the event in Poland.

Mr Sayfutdinov has been signed out up-to-and-including the 12th September.

The Ipswich team will be granted a facilty during this period.

Where has this statement been published? 

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Both.

1. we will never know what any score might have been ... as I have always said: race the same meeting tonight, with the same riders, and you'll get a different result.

2. I agree that Toruń would have been powerless to stop him, but I don't believe that Sayfutdinov was ever likely to travel, and Ipswich knew that. He must be in discomfort which would make tough for him to race on consecutive days, let alone travel a distance in between. Toruń might have put pressure on, but they must have known they were taking a calculated risk.

Given the positive impact he's had on British speedway, Sayfutdinov has earned a bit of leeway.

Similar applies to Doyle - as soon as he was told the significance of his injury, he took the personal decision to write off this season, because of the impact it could have on later life. Another rider might have taken the risk to get as fit as soon possible to return before the season was out. As it is, Ipswich have continued with a facility.

Is this leeway in the rule book? 

• Haha 1