British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

Just watched back the coverage from last night as was there. Being a lions fan chuffed to bits we progress to the final. Agree there was some poor ref decisions and I congratulate the witches  on a tough season considering the injury’s. Must say the Eurosport team need to rem x2 teams in the meeting maybe just me but little engagement with the lions all lpswich interviews and comments for majority of the time….

one final point please please please Leicester management get some lights on the starting gate above the advertising banner directly onto the gates unless on start line cannot see the riders. 8 lights 2 each gate… 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cross Roads said:

Just watched back the coverage from last night as was there. Being a lions fan chuffed to bits we progress to the final. Agree there was some poor ref decisions and I congratulate the witches  on a tough season considering the injury’s. Must say the Eurosport team need to rem x2 teams in the meeting maybe just me but little engagement with the lions all lpswich interviews and comments for majority of the time….

one final point please please please Leicester management get some lights on the starting gate above the advertising banner directly onto the gates unless on start line cannot see the riders. 8 lights 2 each gate… 

Contact them directly with that suggestion.

Also, please ask them to sort out the drainage - it's a purpose built track, so should be able to cope with downpours, rather than lose the inside line.

7 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Fricke lost control because he received a big lateral shove from the rider in gate one as they were about to enter bend one. This probably occurred because all four riders by this stage were aiming for more or less the same piece of track. Therefore what happened subsequently could not have been prevented by him and the decision to re-start the heat with all riders was correct.

Incorrect.  It's clear form the Discovery+ coverage that Kvech didn't move, and Fricke was lifting before they go to the first turn.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, 40-38 said:

I'm amazed how many people have been insinuating it's somehow Leicester's fault the ref is crap.

We gave Ipswich more than enough chances over 2 legs to put us away, we're probably the most generous side in the play offs!

I think it's clear that Ipswich generously gave away points to Leicester, affording the Lions several chances to win at a canter ... yet the Witches still managed to crawl to a last heat decider despite the referee.

8 hours ago, 1 valve said:

The referee didn't steel the show. The riders made it. Shame on a promoter using such wording and showing a complete lack of professionalism. 

The ref most definitely did steel the show,with her complete lack of professionalism.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Reading the wording on Rising Stars you could be right as its around the 2024 season and doesn't cover past seasons.  Common sense would mean a rider who has progressed out of the RS isn't allowed to drop back in it. My personal opinion is all riders 21 and under should be able to be a rising star no matter their average, and up to and including 23 on an average below 4 (moving our of the scheme for good once this average is achieved). 

Happy enough with your U21 suggestion, question - if Lambert & Bewley were "rising stars" at 20 years old, would you have them riding at reserve or on the heat leader positions their averages dictated?

Re, riders not being allowed to return to the RS scheme once they've "graduated" if a rider gets 3 3.90 ave one season, 3.80 the next, 3.70 after that, do they really deserve to be a "rising star" over someone who averaged 3.98 then 4.02, then 3.98 again?

12 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Because that's speedway. Hawkins acknowledged that they threw points away.

Turnbull's awful refereeing made a huge difference.

Falls show the story somewhat as well Ipswich 11 and Leicester 1, and importantly Ipswich twice when on 5-1’s.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Incorrect.  It's clear form the Discovery+ coverage that Kvech didn't move, and Fricke was lifting before they go to the first turn.

No problem with Kvech there, that's racing. When 4 riders are going for a narrow funnel, any contact is going to at least double the risk of consequences beyond the control of the riders. Sensible decision in that case to do it again with all 4, just as it should have been with heat 3 where Rew was unjustly excluded.

3 hours ago, davieb1 said:

why are people still moaning on this thread wether it be ipswich or leicester ?

this is IPSWICH V LEICESTER NOT LEICESTER V IPSWICH ?

ITS THE WRONG THREASD GET OVER IT THE LOT OF YOU ?

Can you point me in the direction of the Leicester v Ipswich thread?

Haven't seen one.

• Like 2

Today I got a reply from Jim:

Dear Sir.
Thank you for your email, the comments of which are noted.

It would be inappropriate of me as the Independent Chairman of the SCB to make any comment.

Thank you for supporting our great sport and that you continue to do so.

Yours in sport.

Jim Lawrence
SCB Chairman

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShanoXtra said:

Dear Sir.

It would be inappropriate of me as the Independent Chairman of the SCB to make any comment.

Yours in sport.

Jim Lawrence
SCB Chairman

Translation....

Pay up ,sit down ,shut up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShanoXtra said:

Dear Sir.

Yours in sport.

Jim Lawrence
SCB Chairman

How pathetic 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShanoXtra said:

Dear Sir.

Yours in sport.

Jim Lawrence
SCB Chairman

Surely it's absolutely appropriate for him to comment.