British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

41 minutes ago, flagrag said:

That is what Paul Cairns wants to try and resolve this winter.

Dan is now a lot more independent with his own mechanics and maybe a sit down with Mr Dickson can sort out their differences. If the sponsorship package is correct that can also change riders minds 

I’m pretty certain that Dan would find some Tru Plant sponsorship coming his way if needed 

2 hours ago, Bash said:

How do you know that Emil is not available next year?

At the moment it would appear it’s a choice between England & Sweden for Emil next year. Hopefully he decides to come back to England we all know if he does it’s 100% Ipswich. Part of me thinks that he’ll decide on Sweden however I also get the feeling he knows that there is unfinished business with Ipswich. If he does return then I think next year will be he last.

2 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Fricke lost control because he received a big lateral shove from the rider in gate one as they were about to enter bend one. This probably occurred because all four riders by this stage were aiming for more or less the same piece of track. Therefore what happened subsequently could not have been prevented by him and the decision to re-start the heat with all riders was correct.

Watch it back with glasses, fricke was lifting already before any minimal contact with kvech 👍

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Some of the comments on social media stating that Leicester paid the referee are honestly crazy. Calling us cheats etc. Listen the ref was absolutely sh#t but to label us as cheats is too far. The ref should be investigated but not for bribary but for being crap at her job. I do feel for ipswich fans but don't take it out on us as a club. We could not do anything about the ref, I agree Leicester got lucky but at the end of the day Ipswich had riders that couldn't stay on bike. Also how important does that heat 15 at Ipswich look now? Literally tried to put loads of dirt on certain gates and got caught out. Ipswich bottled it at home and had an even playing field with the weather yesterday altering the track. So home advantage pretty much went. Anyways on a positive note we're in the final and whatever happens we've had a great season. Ipswich fans can feel unlucky losing Doyle and Emil, if they were fit they would have won the whole lot.

The Gate story was nonsense. The tractor dumped dirt on gates 2 & 3 and if you watch the reply, when it pans out to Phil Morris on the track he is raking the dirt away from Gate 2.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/09/p24_issue_33.pdf

These are the latest GSA’s. Not the final averages so if you’ve worked out what the final averages will be you’re far better at this than me so I’ll bow to your knowledge on this one. 

I think (I could be wrong here) but your averages will have meetings missing as they only include August up to and including 23rd.  The averages I have used are the season ending totals after Ipswich and Birmingham's last meetings on the 29th August. 

1 hour ago, ouch said:

011.2.1 Rising Stars
The criteria for Premiership Rising Stars is as follows: -
• The age limit for Rising Stars for the 2024 season onwards is 23 years of age on the 1st of January of that year
• The Rider must have a Premiership League average of 4.00 or
below

Nothing mentioned about any previous average. 

Updated MA’s will be calculated monthly on a maximum of a 20 meeting rolling basis on all eligible meetings from the 2024, 2023 and 2022 seasons, up to and including 23rd of the month, to become effective from the 1st of the following month.

There are meetings still to add to the GSA’s you’re using. 

Reading the wording on Rising Stars you could be right as its around the 2024 season and doesn't cover past seasons.  Common sense would mean a rider who has progressed out of the RS isn't allowed to drop back in it.   My personal opinion is all riders 21 and under should be able to be a rising star no matter their average, and up to and including 23 on an average below 4 (moving our of the scheme for good once this average is achieved). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveWayne said:

Some were dodgy, some of the ones mentioned here were 50/50 and could have gone either way depending which side you leaned towards.

Not surprising though. Her decisions cost Sheffield the play off final in 2022.

No it didn't, her decisions were wrong but they were wrong for both teams.  Sheffield simply weren't good enough over 2 legs. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, tyler42 said:

The main issue for me, was she showed no consideration for the track conditions. Any competent ref would have, and as  such given the riders the benefit of doubt. Then to compound things, she decided, Max Frick who lost control in heat thirteen was not the cause of the stoppage! After such an incompetent performance, she should be disqualified from holding a referees licence ever again. Jim Lawrence (SCB)  should not go unpunished for any of this either, for it would have been him allocating her the match in the first place!

Allocations are done by Jim McGregor as far as I know, Jim Lawrence is the SCB Chairman only and as someone said watched the match live in person

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/09/p24_issue_33.pdf

These are the latest GSA’s. Not the final averages so if you’ve worked out what the final averages will be you’re far better at this than me so I’ll bow to your knowledge on this one. 

2 hours ago, ouch said:

011.2.1 Rising Stars
The criteria for Premiership Rising Stars is as follows: -
• The age limit for Rising Stars for the 2024 season onwards is 23 years of age on the 1st of January of that year
• The Rider must have a Premiership League average of 4.00 or
below

Nothing mentioned about any previous average. 

Updated MA’s will be calculated monthly on a maximum of a 20 meeting rolling basis on all eligible meetings from the 2024, 2023 and 2022 seasons, up to and including 23rd of the month, to become effective from the 1st of the following month.

There are meetings still to add to the GSA’s you’re using. 

43 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

I think (I could be wrong here) but your averages will have meetings missing as they only include August up to and including 23rd.  The averages I have used are the season ending totals after Ipswich and Birmingham's last meetings on the 29th August. 

I did concede they weren’t the final averages, but the latest declaration is all we currently have to go on. As I say, if you’ve worked out what’s still to come on to those then fair play to you. 

All academic anyway as that won’t be the Ipswich team. 

2 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I thought that Max Fricke and Sam Masters "stole the show" by their brilliant riding in heat 15, which won the match for Leicester

Then you’d be wrong wouldn’t you Hamish. Absolutely nobody has been talking about heat 15. The incompetent referee undoubtedly “stole the show” with her quite ridiculous decisions as evident by the last half dozen pages on this thread. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Fricke lost control because he received a big lateral shove from the rider in gate one as they were about to enter bend one. This probably occurred because all four riders by this stage were aiming for more or less the same piece of track. Therefore what happened subsequently could not have been prevented by him and the decision to re-start the heat with all riders was correct.

Good afternoon Mr Turnbull - thanks for your contribution 

How is Christina today? Did she sleep well?

Must've been quite some experience being in the spotlight over the last 24 hours

;):rolleyes:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Must've been quite some experience being in the spotlight over the last 24 hours

Mr Turnball says. She had a very restless night, kept waking up with reoccurring nightmares on her wrongful decisions. She will take it to her grave.

Has anyone disagreed with Becker's being excluded? No? How surprising! Going against the trend, that one seemed to be the right call, even though Kveck went into bend 3 like an old granny and probably deserved to end up on his backside. But the decisions "early doors" was cuckoo. Not sure about the Fricke one, but have to admit I was expecting him to go

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Has anyone disagreed with Becker's being excluded? No? How surprising! Going against the trend, that one seemed to be the right call, even though Kveck went into bend 3 like an old granny and probably deserved to end up on his backside. But the decisions "early doors" was cuckoo. Not sure about the Fricke one, but have to admit I was expecting him to go

We all thought Kvech should have gone standing mid bend 3/4. I can see that one 50/50 because there was a gap and Kvech was caught holding a poor position.

4 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Kvech was ahead and turning into the corner. If hitting people off the track and the who falls get excluded then it’s fair game for dodgems in the final! 
if anything you should be grateful Brennan didn’t just bin it when he was out at the back on heat 15 and stay down for a re-run to give Ellis another chance. The way last night was going he may as well have. Pretty sure in Sheffield last season in the final the track was soaked as well :D

48 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Have had a great day, thanks. 

Went out early and grabbed a couple of local neighbours'  cats and dogs and ate them for lunch. Real tasty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately with any fan base you get the fools that let down their club 

Many Leicester fans have been gracious in their victory and know they did get lucky  with the decisions and have accepted they were fortunate 

Then there is the odd few who think that they weren’t a bit lucky and the decisions were correct …. You will always get these people who can’t see anything apart from bias for their own team … Sheffield have more than most of these

As an Ipswich fan I’m proud of all of them this season

Well done to Leicester the 5-1 at Foxhall in heat 15 a huge factor and fair play to Fricke and Masters in heat 15 they stepped up when needed 

Good luck to Leicester hope they face Belle Vue in the final 

1 hour ago, ShanoXtra said:

Kvech was ahead and turning into the corner. If hitting people off the track and the who falls get excluded then it’s fair game for dodgems in the final! 
if anything you should be grateful Brennan didn’t just bin it when he was out at the back on heat 15 and stay down for a re-run to give Ellis another chance. The way last night was going he may as well have. Pretty sure in Sheffield last season in the final the track was soaked as well :D

The way it was going, if Brennan had gone down, he might have been awarded the win..😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1