British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

10 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Jenkins cant be a rising star, the rules state once a rider achieves an average of 4 they will no longer be eligible to be a rising star, so he cant go back.

Also what averages are you using as that 1 to 6 comes in at 39.43.

Point one, I’m hearing conflicting things on whether Jenkins will be eligible or not we’ll just have to wait and see. 

Point two, the latest GSA’s with 2.5% reduction for the British riders, and 25% reduction for Dan Thompson for exiting the rising star scheme. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, TTT said:

That's the dream team, Don't clubs get to protect their Rising Star that they used this season?

Dan Thompson cant be a rising star, hes now above a 4 point average. 

56 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

The referee didn't steel the show. The riders made it. Shame on a promoter using such wording and showing a complete lack of professionalism. 

The refereeing was the main talking point rather than the riders. 
anyway congratulations to Leicester and I personally hope you win the playoffs. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Point one, I’m hearing conflicting things on whether Jenkins will be eligible or not we’ll just have to wait and see. 

Point two, the latest GSA’s with 2.5% reduction for the British riders, and 25% reduction for Dan Thompson for exiting the rising star scheme. 

Knowing British Speedway point 1 wouldn't surprise me, but how crazy would it be if he's allowed to drop down again.

Point 2 this is what i get

Doyle: 9.36

Emil: 9.12

Rew: 5.79

Ellis: 5.47

Brennan: 6.59

Thompson: 3.10

Total:            39.43

1 minute ago, DaveWayne said:

Interesting. Is he speaking on behalf of himself, his employers on the night, or the team he has guested for numerous times this season ?

Looks to me like he’s just giving his honest opinion to start with but then being a bit careful in the second part. Don’t think he could be accused of any bias here as I think 99% of people are of the same opinion regarding the decisions last night aren’t they?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Knowing British Speedway point 1 wouldn't surprise me, but how crazy would it be if he's allowed to drop down again.

Point 2 this is what i get

Doyle: 9.36

Emil: 9.12

Rew: 5.79

Ellis: 5.47

Brennan: 6.59

Thompson: 3.10

Total:            39.43

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/09/p24_issue_33.pdf

These are the latest GSA’s. Not the final averages so if you’ve worked out what the final averages will be you’re far better at this than me so I’ll bow to your knowledge on this one. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

38 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Jenkins cant be a rising star, the rules state once a rider achieves an average of 4 they will no longer be eligible to be a rising star, so he cant go back.

Also what averages are you using as that 1 to 6 comes in at 39.43.

011.2.1 Rising Stars
The criteria for Premiership Rising Stars is as follows: -
• The age limit for Rising Stars for the 2024 season onwards is 23 years of age on the 1st of January of that year
• The Rider must have a Premiership League average of 4.00 or
below

Nothing mentioned about any previous average. 

29 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Updated MA’s will be calculated monthly on a maximum of a 20 meeting rolling basis on all eligible meetings from the 2024, 2023 and 2022 seasons, up to and including 23rd of the month, to become effective from the 1st of the following month.

There are meetings still to add to the GSA’s you’re using. 

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Looks to me like he’s just giving his honest opinion to start with but then being a bit careful in the second part. Don’t think he could be accused of any bias here as I think 99% of people are of the same opinion regarding the decisions last night aren’t they?

Some were dodgy, some of the ones mentioned here were 50/50 and could have gone either way depending which side you leaned towards.

Not surprising though. Her decisions cost Sheffield the play off final in 2022.

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

The referee didn't steel the show. The riders made it. Shame on a promoter using such wording and showing a complete lack of professionalism. 

I’m sorry, but she absolutely DID steal the show. It’s the hot topic of debate there’s no doubt about it. Louis was pretty lenient in his response and very gracious when interviewed last night IMO. I’m not sure many others would have been quite so dignified!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Dan Thompson cant be a rising star, hes now above a 4 point average. 

Reports have been going around Leicester recently that Paul Cairns wants to meet with Dan Thompson and to resolve the issues so that he can return to Leicester with sponsorship on offer .

He will not be on the RS list so can possibly see him being no6 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Reports have been going around Leicester recently that Paul Cairns wants to meet with Dan Thompson and to resolve the issues so that he can return to Leicester with sponsorship on offer .

Which reports are these may I ask? Would be great to have him back. Although I'm pretty sure things aren't rosey between the family of Dan and certain members of the club

28 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Of course she bloody did! It may have escaped you, but it’s literally the ONLY thing everybody is talking about since the meeting last night however badly you don’t want it to be the case!!

err, not true that its the ONLY thing everybody is talking about. Some of the other views effecting the outcome being raised are: 
The track,
Danny King
Witches management 
Leicester riders staying on their bikes
Ipswich riders falling off their bikes
The home leg result being the reason for the aggregate loss.  

It is true statement that the referee and her decisions are commented on by many, of which quite a few are factually wrong or appear to be made based on emotion and bias if not a lack of knowledge of the rules of speedway.
But, hey , that's the beauty of this forum, everybody is entitled to voice their opinion That is so long as is not made personal and or deeply offensive.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, flagrag said:

In the words of Les Dennis, if that happens I’ll give you the money meself 😉

7 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Which reports are these may I ask? Would be great to have him back. Although I'm pretty sure things aren't rosey between the family of Dan and certain members of the club

That is what Paul Cairns wants to try and resolve this winter.

Dan is now a lot more independent with his own mechanics and maybe a sit down with Mr Dickson can sort out their differences. If the sponsorship package is correct that can also change riders minds 

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1