British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Christina Turnbull had her worst night and she has had many  bad ones, Barbara Horley is better in my opinion but why have a referee, especially in a play off meeting, who has never ridden a speedway bike. There are plenty of good referees . She should be told she can only referee at a lower level for a period of time.

Yes about 20 years.

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Christina Turnbull had her worst night and she has had many  bad ones, Barbara Horley is better in my opinion but why have a referee, especially in a play off meeting, who has never ridden a speedway bike. There are plenty of good referees . She should be told she can only referee at a lower level for a period of time.

The main issue for me, was she showed no consideration for the track conditions. Any competent ref would have, and as  such given the riders the benefit of doubt. Then to compound things, she decided, Max Frick who lost control in heat thirteen was not the cause of the stoppage! After such a incompetent performance, she should be disqualified from holding a referees licence ever again. Jim Lawrence (SCB)  should not go unpunished for any of this either, for it would have been him allocating her the match in the first place!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

The main issue for me, was she showed no consideration for the track conditions. Any competent ref would have, and as  such given the riders the benefit of doubt. Then to compound things, she decided, Max Frick who lost control in heat thirteen was not the cause of the stoppage! After such a incompetent performance, she should be disqualified from holding a referees licence ever again. Jim Lawrence (SCB)  should not go unpunished for any of this either, for it would have been him allocating her the match in the first place!

When she allowed Fricke back in was the moment I actually thought if I was Chris or Richie I would have got the team into the pits and refused to ride. Although we would have been DQ probably from the race but something had to be shown how crap she was performing as a ref.

• Like 2

Two conclusions from last night.....1) Turnbull should NEVER be allowed to referee a speedway match again and 2) Danny King needs to retire (utter embarrassment!)

Fair play to Ipswich for not "cheating" in the final heat too and having one of their riders "accidentally" falling off to get a re-start!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wtf said:

Jim was there in person last night, so will have witnessed it first hand.

and will do sod all about. Mr Morris was there too  and equally will do sod all about it. Probably lodge a complaint that the countdown clock was in the wrong place, or something equally important.

On a completely unrelated topic, I read that betting was allowed on the result of the P.Off semi final.

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

38.88 with Brennan for King, and Dan at 6 on 25% reduction. 

That's not the same 1 to 7 just swapping Tom for king though.

Also who else are you leaving out for Dan Thompson?

13 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

The 2 year experiment by the Witches (that nearly paid off this year) of a very strong top two and reserve duo is at an end. For next year with Doyly all but signed and doubts about Emil's availability being voiced by the promotion (read that as "known" for next year) the promotion will be opting for a stronger middle order to put less reliance on the top two whilst reducing the effect (which came to fruition this season) of not having anything like suitable guests being available to step in should a heat leader (or two) be sidelined.  
The big loser of not having Emil riding in the UK next season will be UK speedway. His commitment, professionalism and charisma has been a breath of fresh air these past two seasons and frankly the powers that be should be seeking to ensure Emil does ride somewhere in the UK - come what may!    

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

rew, he will be off to belle vue

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bash said:

Don’t think he will after the comments from the Ipswich management last week. Didn’t you say this at the end of last season as well!!

theres only so many times he can say no, that yes is coming

Thought i'd get home, sleep it off and then have a good catch up on here this morning.

Read it all about peiople's thoughts on last night, and after following Ipswich everywhere apart from Belle Vue this season, i think ive seen enough Speedway for a small contribution.

Not going to mention new riders on this page for next season, i will go on that page in a bit.

But on last night, yes track was a leveller, and SOME of our boys fought till the bitter end. I would just like to congratulate Leicester and all of their supporters on a big result and wish them all the very best in the final, and i hope to attend their Home leg in the Final.

I believe where we lost it was in 2 places and i don't include the inept refereeing by Christine Turnbull, who should just be struck off, as she single handidly did everything she could last night to ruin a great meeting.

For me i really believed we lost it at Home, especially in the latter heats, when we needed our big guns to step up and they just failed, especially heat 15, that 5-1 for me to the Lions was crucial in the whole tie.

And last night, it has to be Heat 8 for me, safely on a 5-1, to take a 10 point lead, with the momentum that brings, i feel we may of got over the line...JUST. But with all the experience Mr King has got, what he was doing to fall off just baffles me completely, never been able to Team Ride anyway, but thats where last night went for us.

But however these people, who don't travel and watch from afar, which is fine with me, continue to support Danny King, as Captain as well is mind numbing. Nothing else i can say on that matter.

So another season over, enjoyed every minute of it, until Emil's injury at Sheffield, as since then it's been nothing short of a Mangerial disaster. The non-replacement of Doyley for me personally, whilst top of the league and everybody was riding with so much confidence, could be the worst Management decision of seen at Foxhall for many many a year, no good moaning, ive spent so much money on watching the Witches this season, and yes i feel Management has let me and so so many travelling supporters down, but it's now done.

Time for a break, i hope all the teams return, may even have the Prem upto 8 Teams, but that's me dreaming i suppose, as the rider shortage this season has proven a huge problem for all teams.

Good luck to Leicester in the final, i do hope they win it, and as ive said i hope to be at their Home Leg to cheer them on.

I hope to see so many friendly Witches faces on my travels again next season, i am hearing of at least 2 changes maybe 3, but thats for another page.

Enjoy your breaks Ladies and Gents #speedwayisthewinner

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Well it is, just swapping Dan Thompson with Jenkins at 6 and 7. Caveats with that though, IF Jenkins is allowed to resume a rising Star role now his average has dropped below 4, and whether he’s still available if he is, once King’s Lynn have had their pick. 

Doyle

Rew

Brennan

Ellis

Sayfutdinov

D Thompson

Jenkins

Comes to 38.88

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Why should any lower level be subjected to that amount of incompetence? She should be struck off altogether.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well it is, just swapping Dan Thompson with Jenkins at 6 and 7. Caveats with that though, IF Jenkins is allowed to resume a rising Star role now his average has dropped below 4, and whether he’s still available if he is, once King’s Lynn have had their pick. 

Doyle

Rew

Brennan

Ellis

Sayfutdinov

D Thompson

Jenkins

Comes to 38.88

If that’s our team that absolutely walks the league 

33 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

The 2 year experiment by the Witches (that nearly paid off this year) of a very strong top two and reserve duo is at an end. For next year with Doyly all but signed and doubts about Emil's availability being voiced by the promotion (read that as "known" for next year) the promotion will be opting for a stronger middle order to put less reliance on the top two whilst reducing the effect (which came to fruition this season) of not having anything like suitable guests being available to step in should a heat leader (or two) be sidelined.  
The big loser of not having Emil riding in the UK next season will be UK speedway. His commitment, professionalism and charisma has been a breath of fresh air these past two seasons and frankly the powers that be should be seeking to ensure Emil does ride somewhere in the UK - come what may!    

Couldn’t disagree more. They lost the title last year after leading by 18 after the first leg of the final in dreadful conditions at Sheffield in the final heat of the season whilst carrying an unfit/ill rider (Riss). They were clearly the best septet this year, nobody can argue against it and there is a very strong possibility they would have won both league and cup. It’s clearly the EXACT right way to go and they’ll do exactly the same if the top two are both available and so they should. 

I’m not sure you’ll find any supporter of any club that wouldn’t want their team to build by have two world class riders leading them.