British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

1 minute ago, bellevueace said:

I dont think any match fixing would be as blatant as this, but it is speedway.

Not a chance for me that anything "dodgy" went on..

As there were simply too many things clearly wrong.... 

Just a lack of capability rather than anything else..

• Like 1

Just going to put this out there for some context regarding Danny King 

Firstly he is 38 he isn’t going to get better so those of you expecting that are clueless 

We went very strong top two and signed the best 2 reserves in the league…. This meant the middle order would be weaker … we signed Rew back and then 2 guys who would provide middle order stability in Ellis and King…. Danny had the slightly higher average so rode at number 3…. A position he held until we lost Doyle which meant he got moved to 5 and he isn’t a number 5

Nobody started moaning about him until after we lost Emil … some fans thinking he should get double figures every week…. He was never signed to do that 

He has rode the season with a terrible hand injury and now a foot injury 

He has had some good meetings and some awful ones but he is not the rider he was 

He may well leave and i think he should but the abuse he has been getting is uncalled for 

• Like 8

That is why a lot of fans didn’t want him in the team this season, we need riders who are going to improve and you just admitted he isn’t going to get better. 

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Just going to put this out there for some context regarding Danny King 

Firstly he is 38 he isn’t going to get better so those of you expecting that are clueless 

We went very strong top two and signed the best 2 reserves in the league…. This meant the middle order would be weaker … we signed Rew back and then 2 guys who would provide middle order stability in Ellis and King…. Danny had the slightly higher average so rode at number 3…. A position he held until we lost Doyle which meant he got moved to 5 and he isn’t a number 5

Nobody started moaning about him until after we lost Emil … some fans thinking he should get double figures every week…. He was never signed to do that 

He has rode the season with a terrible hand injury and now a foot injury 

He has had some good meetings and some awful ones but he is not the rider he was 

He may well leave and i think he should but the abuse he has been getting is uncalled for 

Sorry but I have to disagree. Danny was protected at number 2 tonight & failed to beat an opponent. In heat 8 he just had to ride the line instead he went off line in to the rubbishe & fell. A 5-1 there and the pressure is off. Time & time again when you need a big ride from King it doesn’t happen. Jason & Emil have in the main masked this however plenty of Ipswich fans have been vocal about him going missing at vital times for at least the last 2 years a point proven again tonight.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, mikebv said:

You don't need to be experienced to look at a monitor, (several times), see Max Fricke lift and wipe out an opponent, and then exclude him...

Nor need to be experienced to see the same thing happen in two races, and make the same decision on the second occasion that you made previously...

It is glaring you in the face in slow motion several times...

I am truly amazed that anyone could make so many, not even close decisions, so poorly...

Especially given you get the chance to watch them back as many times as you need to...

And that is it consistency in decisions.  Like you said Fricke lifted out of control and she didn’t exclude him whereas Rew was in control and did nothing wrong.

Would anyone agree that the full 1-7 next season with the switch of Brennan for King would be a solid team? I feel if that was possible it would take the league. I’m concerned of Emil re-signing though, 50/50 at the moment and if he doesn’t, I don’t know who could replace him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Sorry but I have to disagree. Danny was protected at number 2 tonight & failed to beat an opponent. In heat 8 he just had to ride the line instead he went off line in to the rubbishe & fell. A 5-1 there and the pressure is off. Time & time again when you need a big ride from King it doesn’t happen. Jason & Emil have in the main masked this however plenty of Ipswich fans have been vocal about him going missing at vital times for at least the last 2 years a point proven again tonight.

Yes he was awful tonight but I think he has done his job most of the season especially at home 

You aren’t going to find 7 riders who improve but yes Brennan for king is an obvious decision 

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

I would think that Musielak would come into the equation if Emil doesn’t come back,  but why wouldn’t he if as expected he won’t be in the gps again

I spoke to Hawkins after a meeting recently at foxhall and he said he wasn’t sure if Emil will chose England or Sweden, he has declined Sweden two years in a row now but admitting Sweden is easier for him to travel to.

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yes he was awful tonight but I think he has done his job most of the season especially at home 

You aren’t going to find 7 riders who improve but yes Brennan for king is an obvious decision 

Danny has been a fantastic servant no doubt about it. But Louis needs to read the room here. It’s definitely time to go in another direction. Doyle captain and leading the team next year seems the easiest and obvious decision to make. 

53 minutes ago, mikebv said:

No idea she was in charge of either meeting..

I never look at the refs name as they don't ride......

But she was obviously great those nights....:D

She made poor decisions in 2022 but against both teams not just 1. 

30 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

Would anyone agree that the full 1-7 next season with the switch of Brennan for King would be a solid team? I feel if that was possible it would take the league. I’m concerned of Emil re-signing though, 50/50 at the moment and if he doesn’t, I don’t know who could replace him. 

It's over the averages and Dan Thompson can't be a rising star next year either.

Just back from what was an entertaining meeting. Got to feel for Ipswich who were on the end of some quite baffling refereeing decisions, certainly no allowances were being made for the pretty poor track conditions, especially early on and yet, Ipswich almost nicked it, they’ve had some terrible luck this season.

The crowd motivator Leicester brought in was a new one on me, and I actually think it was a pretty good idea and it actually seemed to work and get the crowd up for it.

Good luck to Leicester in the final, but I fear they will have to perform a heck of a lot better than they did in the two semifinal meetings.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Leicester who are lucky to have got thru. Looks like Sheffield will maul them in the final.

Ipswich did themselves proud for those performances over 2 legs.

Turnbull is a complete embarrassment. 

• Like 1

Just finished watching as wasn’t able to watch it live - brave effort from the Witches - Leicester made hard work of that and frankly only squeezed through!!

A couple of very questionable calls from the ref! 

get TomB to Foxhall for next season! 

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

You don't need to be experienced to look at a monitor, (several times), see Max Fricke lift and wipe out an opponent, and then exclude him...

Nor need to be experienced to see the same thing happen in two races, and make the same decision on the second occasion that you made previously...

It is glaring you in the face in slow motion several times...

I am truly amazed that anyone could make so many, not even close decisions, so poorly...

Especially given you get the chance to watch them back as many times as you need to...

You must have missed the coming together of Kvech & Fricke entering the 1st bend, which the slow motion confirmed, & led to MF colliding with JK.

Seen this happen many times & the refs normally order a re-run with all 4. 

Should have been all 4 r/r in ht 3 when Rew was strangely adjudged the cause of the stoppage.

Regardless of ridiculous decisions by the ref, King cost Ippo this.

That is a pathetic score and if they are to be serious challengers next season he has to go - reminds me of Tony Atkin at Newport. Solid enough most of the time in the middle order but knew you wouldn't win anything with him in the side. 

That said, had Doyle and Emil been riding then it would of been another story. 

• Like 1