British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

4 minutes ago, Wild Man Vic said:

Ipswich cost themselves points with various falls etc. but the standout element of the night was the truly dreadful refereeing!

I think she needs to watch it back when she gets home and then realise it is time to hand in her licence because that refereeing performance was an absolute disgrace!!

Come on Christina - if that's the best you can do in such a crucial meeting then do the right thing and pack it in!

We should all be talking about the meeting not the refereeing!

It was truly baffling. To the riders ( of both teams), managers, spectators and TV commentators. There’s either a serious lack of talent or maybe a theory of a match fixing / betting scandal 

Absolute shocking performance from the referee but then again isn’t she always the same.

Heat 8 & the fall by King was the turning point of the meeting & he had no reason to go so far wide.

Really impressive performances from Tom & Dan Thompson.

Does Masters ever win a race from behind as I’ve yet to see it.

• Like 1

Maybe the ref thinks that controversy maketh a meeting 

Have you thought of it from that angle ? :)

2 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Maybe the ref thinks that controversy maketh a meeting 

Have you thought of it from that angle ? :)

A commercial reason? :D

• Like 2

I'm amazed how many people have been insinuating it's somehow Leicester's fault the ref is crap.

We gave Ipswich more than enough chances over 2 legs to put us away, we're probably the most generous side in the play offs!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

I’d be embarrassed to win a meeting that way. 

Let’s hope Turnball retires this season. She’s clearly lost it. 

Why? We didn't ask her to be crap.

1 minute ago, 40-38 said:

I'm amazed how many people have been insinuating it's somehow Leicester's fault the ref is crap.

We gave Ipswich more than enough chances over 2 legs to put us away, we're probably the most generous side in the play offs!

And I am sure that either BV or ST will be equally grateful for that generosity when it's their turn :)

1 minute ago, DaveWayne said:

Funnily enough, I don't remember any of your fans calling her a muppet when she was making dodgy decisions in your favour in both legs of the 2022 final. 😉

No idea she was in charge of either meeting..

I never look at the refs name as they don't ride......

But she was obviously great those nights....:D

• Haha 1

As if Ipswich havent had enough bad luck losing the two best riders in the league they get Turnbull as referee, she was an absolute joke with her decisions, refs obviously make mistakes but her performance went beyond that tonight, it went into the category of corrupt, how can she makes so many bad calls in one meeting? She needs a ban imposing and investigating. Surely the authorities have to take action? Feel for Ipswich. 

Surely who ever gave her the meeting should be questioned. Who decides what meetings refs are given? She should never be allowed to referee a speedway meeting again. Anyone ref half sensible would have taken track conditions into account regarding 1st bend incidents. The only decision she made against Leicester was a shoe in, yet she took ages make it. Frick was out of control when he came out of the gate in heat 13, but she obviously did not agree and gave him the benefit of doubt.. No such luxury afforded to Rew in his 1st race! She showed so much incompetence, You do have to consider if there was any match fixing going on! 

4 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Since the Russians can’t stop Bartosz strolling to another world title without much trouble maybe get Christine involved to spice up the GP series.

Max Fricke will be sorted....

Shame the weather affected track conditions.

Shame the referees decisions influenced the outcome.  Couple of very questionable calls. Both which went against Witches.

But let's be honest Leicester are going to give the Tigers of Owlerton more of a contest in the final than 5 Witches & 2 guests.

17 minutes ago, Debbi said:

I would suggest that everyone needs to use this email address, it won’t change the result but something needs to be done about the ref’s decisions tonight. If you can post your frustration here copy and paste it into an email and just press send. I am not a supporter of either of tonight’s teams and feel the meeting was decided in the worst possible way by an inept referee. They said on tv even the Leicester riders couldn’t believe Rew’s exclusion.

SCB chair:

jim.lawrence@scbgb.co.uk

Sent,I feel that strongly about it.They need to wake up a smell the coffee and suspend referee's that make constant blunders.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

Surely who ever gave her the meeting should be questioned. Who decides what meetings refs are given? She should never be allowed to referee a speedway meeting again. Anyone ref half sensible would have taken track conditions into account regarding 1st bend incidents. The only decision she made against Leicester was a shoe in, yet she took ages make it. Frick was out of control when he came out of the gate in heat 13, but she obviously did not agree and gave him the benefit of doubt.. No such luxury afforded to Rew in his 1st race! She showed so much incompetence, You do have to consider if there was any match fixing going on! 

I dont think any match fixing would be as blatant as this, but it is speedway.

• Like 1