British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Well what a joke of a meeting that was 

Everyone will blame King but our numbers 1,2 and 3 only got 9 between them and that’s not good enough 

How easy would we have won this league at full strength 

I did say yesterday i wouldn't have been using Kvech at Leicester,as he was really poor for Lynn there.Anyway it's the ref that took it away from Ipswich.With those riders scoring what they did Ipswich would have still won the tie quite comfortably had it not been for some awful decisions from the ref.

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

Tough on Ipswich, I bet all the neutrals were wanting the Witches to go through.

Actually I didn’t care who went through. But I did want an even playing field, and because of the ref, I was cheering on the Witches by the end. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Well what a joke of a meeting that was 

Everyone will blame King but our numbers 1,2 and 3 only got 9 between them and that’s not good enough 

How easy would we have won this league at full strength 

To be fair Gav you're going to run out of excuses to defend him soon.

Danny is a seasoned pro who's been around the block more than enough times to a point where he's done enough laps on British tracks in all type's of conditions.

Kvech and Rew are still young and very raw to these type of track conditions.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 2

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Tom Brennan saying all the right things, even though he is just a guest. Likely dropping Championship next season with Premier, Sweden and Poland for racing.

Time for him to move onwards...

The move to being the "main man" has obviously been one he has handled this season, (some don't and never progress..)

Moving from the Aces has been the making of him as he hasn't had Kurtz and Bewley to lower the pressure...

Now he needs to go onto that next step, which is the "big one" in a riders career...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

A hollow victory for sure with terrible biased refereeing but it's not all down to Turnbull.

When was the last time you saw a British club having to protect their 3rd Heat Leader and Club Captain in a Play-Off meeting by putting him at No.2 for the evening only for him to not score a point against an opposition rider?

King had an awful night it happens as Kvech and Rew also did but they seem blameless 

King Ellis and Rew were all signed again to be the back up to the big two with them expected to change places over the season .. there isn’t an out and out third heat leader for us…. Similar to Leicester they have a number one and then 4 similar riders that can all be heat leaders 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Tom Brennan saying all the right things, even though he is just a guest. Likely dropping Championship next season with Premier, Sweden and Poland for racing.

He’s making terrific progress. Still on an average that slots him in the engine room as well. Hot property this winter. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

King had an awful night it happens as Kvech and Rew also did but they seem blameless 

King Ellis and Rew were all signed again to be the back up to the big two with them expected to change places over the season .. there isn’t an out and out third heat leader for us…. Similar to Leicester they have a number one and then 4 similar riders that can all be heat leaders 

I would build next years team without king myself

You can’t have rew, kvech and king come off as much as they did and think you’re going to win. We didn’t do well enough, granted the ref should have excluded Fricke and other bad decisions, but we had enough to beat Leicester, they certainly didn’t look anything special. Brennan talking like he already signed a contract for us next season is a plus! He done well, no grudges against him finishing last, he basically kept us in it until heat 15. Thompson has come on again this season, so has Jenkins. We have completed an entire season without Doyle, a cup final and play offs without Emil. When Emil was injured I gave up on the season. It sucks how it has finished with this disappointing meeting, but part of me breathes a sigh of relief this season is over! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ipswich fully deserved to go through diabolical decisons and some of their own mistakes cost them sadly !! hope we just get great racing  next week weather looks set to be fine for both meetings drama was intense just watching tonight lol don't think i could go through that drama next week lol 

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Kvech & Rew are both young & learning while riding in heat leader positions King is the experienced rider who was protected at number 2 and failed to beat an egg.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1