British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

4 hours ago, TTT said:

Something like this would be enough, Doesn't even need anyone to have a blinder, Just a solid but not spectacular showing throughout.

Kvech 7

King 6

Rew 5

Brennan 8

Ellis 5

Thompson 8

Boughen 3

Danny King 6???

Danny King is a top rider in the UK and third heat leader for Ipswich 

His scores of 7,8, or 9 early in the season were fine when we had Doyle and Emil but now he needs to step up and be banging in 13 or 14 and should be far to classy to drop points to Becker or Lawson on their home track ….. he can’t be excused the fact that his hand is so bad that after 2 or 3 races his hand injury causes him issues or that after that recent crash his foot is so bad he struggles to walk

Danny will have let us down if he only gets 7 or 8 … true Ipswich fans know this to be true …. At 37 he should be getting better 

Oh if anybody detects any sarcasm let me know!!

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Danny King 6???

Danny King is a top rider in the UK and third heat leader for Ipswich 

His scores of 7,8, or 9 early in the season were fine when we had Doyle and Emil but now he needs to step up and be banging in 13 or 14 and should be far to classy to drop points to Becker or Lawson on their home track ….. he can’t be excused the fact that his hand is so bad that after 2 or 3 races his hand injury causes him issues or that after that recent crash his foot is so bad he struggles to walk

Danny will have let us down if he only gets 7 or 8 … true Ipswich fans know this to be true …. At 37 he should be getting better 

Oh if anybody detects any sarcasm let me know!!

What logic says that because Jason & Emil are injured, then Danny’s previously acceptable 7/8/9 points need to become 13/14. It just doesn’t work like that at all. 
The most reasonable expectation is for Danny to deliver what is reasonably expected I.e 7/8 points (from 4 rides) and R/R and guests to make up the points as far as possible for the best two heat leaders in the league. Oh and at 37 riders are not at the improving stage of their careers unless they didn’t start out until they were 36!

5 hours ago, TTT said:

I don't see how they can make up the 8 imo.

Dan Thompson and Boughen will get the better of Kerr and Hagon again imo considering the form of all four riders so realistically the Lions are down by a Double figure deficit.

Fricke, Lawson, Masters and Becker will have to outscore Ipswich's 1-5 by a minimum of 10 points to stand a chance of qualifying.

Don't forget the 8 they have to make up would only be 4 had it not been for Masters bike failure. 

Are you suggesting a team that was good enough to only 'lose by 4' away from home will struggle to win by more than 8 at a track renowned for it's home advantage ? They haven't lost at home since the beginning of May.

I expect it to be close, but I think Leicester will just about be strong enough to progress 

Personally I think this will be really close.

Rew has improved immensely in his 3 visits to Leicester this year, Thompson will comfortably outscore Hagon.

Leicester only got 48 at home against Birmingham & Kings Lynn.

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

What logic says that because Jason & Emil are injured, then Danny’s previously acceptable 7/8/9 points need to become 13/14. It just doesn’t work like that at all. 
The most reasonable expectation is for Danny to deliver what is reasonably expected I.e 7/8 points (from 4 rides) and R/R and guests to make up the points as far as possible for the best two heat leaders in the league. Oh and at 37 riders are not at the improving stage of their careers unless they didn’t start out until they were 36!

Think you need to read all of my post 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Take it you didn't detect the sarcasm?

🫣🤣

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Ace no.5 said:

Take it you didn't detect the sarcasm?

🫣🤣

Yeah, eventually. Was somewhat distracted by those who keep having a go at Danny & those who think Emil is shirking his duties. 
My apologies to all - I actually do have a sense of humour 🙄

• Haha 1

Difficult to call the outcome of this tie. 
The eight points Witches have in hand is a good start and may prove sufficient to see them through. 
Lions have only managed 6 point wins in their last two meetings at home including a Max F 18 point maximum v the Stars. 
RR is not ideal given that it will mean on 3 occasions the chosen riders taking two rides on the trot.
That said, the Lions 1-5 are on paper stronger than their opponents especially at home.
Ultimately it could come down to the performance of the reserves where the Witches duo look the strongest overall although Lewis Kerr is capable of getting the better of them individually and so a strong performance from him could ultimately become a deciding factor. 
Lions by 10 on the night needing last heat decider or maybe having to go to a superheat😬😱

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I would absolutely love Ipswich to qualify for the final, mainly because I'm very much against Leicester being gifted top qualifying spot when they finished 2nd.

But that was not Leicester’s fault.

3 hours ago, 1 valve said:

RR is not ideal given that it will mean on 3 occasions the chosen riders taking two rides on the trot.

You can do it quite easy without making riders take two on the trot 

51 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

Whose fault was it then ? The official statement said all 4 teams agreed to it.

Well it was Leicester, Ipswich, Belle Vue and Sheffield's fault, along with Phil Morris and various other people in charge of the sport. So Ipswich are just as culpable as anyone.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I would absolutely love Ipswich to qualify for the final, mainly because I'm very much against Leicester being gifted top qualifying spot when they finished 2nd.

Are you Kevin Keegan?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Your "love" is given via rose colored glasses isn't it. after all,
All four play-off teams agreed to the format proposed.
a) To satisfy the TV notice period, and
b) To ensure as much as possible, the best attendances at all four playoff matches. 
Meanwhile, Sheffield will be recognised as finishing top of the "regular season", though no prizes given for that (shame) and should they win their tie v BV then they will have the choice of dates for the final either v Leicester or Ipswich. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

All 4 teams agreed, so on that basis you should want them all to lose😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1