British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

34 minutes ago, therefused said:

The SCB website 

Slightly curious to put it onto the SCB website, and not the SGB one as is usual I think. And only saying the date of receipt but not date of issue. All a bit fishy.

But this may have been done for "commercial considerations", of course, and Leicester don't really have a case to have the result changed to 39-51, and the second leg will still be worth watching😄

9 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Slightly curious to put it onto the SCB website, and not the SGB one as is usual I think. And only saying the date of receipt but not date of issue. All a bit fishy.

But this may have been done for "commercial considerations", of course, and Leicester don't really have a case to have the result changed to 39-51, and the second leg will still be worth watching😄

The SCB site is the correct place for such announcements as they are the governing body of the sport in the UK & responsible for the implementation of associated rules & regulations. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

We all know Emil was unfit to travel. Do people know how to get from Poland to England? You have to travel.

How did he get from Sheffield to Poland? Just asking 🙂

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, iainb said:

How did he get from Sheffield to Poland? Just asking 🙂

He needed an operation for a health and wellbeing. I don’t suspect he needs to come to ride a bike for people’s entertainment just because people get upset. If you want to get literal with every comment made on this forum good luck :D you know what I meant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanoXtra said:

We all know Emil was unfit to travel. Do people know how to get from Poland to England? You have to travel.

You could also say he needs to "travel" from his home to the track in Poland in a van which requires him to also sit for a period of time in a seat   ,   unless of course he's living in a porta cabin in the car park at the stadium 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

You could also say he needs to "travel" from his home to the track in Poland in a van which requires him to also sit for a period of time in a seat   ,   unless of course he's living in a porta cabin in the car park at the stadium 

This forum haha got to laugh 😆 

49 minutes ago, krompa said:

Thought Douglas will be back on Thursday. Now I see it's RR. Leicester in trouble.

Douglas has a cut on his arm and Emil a hole in his arse from one of the worst British crashes this season, lives in another country but everyone chooses to moan about Emil missing the meetings. When it suits I guess! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Being driven as a passenger to a stadium is somewhat less than drive to airport, sit around, sit on flight,  drive to stadium, race & return. All this having raced (whilst not totally fit) the day previous. 
Bottom (scuzzy pun) line is, Emil returned to work earlier than expected or advised, following which he needed to carry on his recuperation from what was a bad crash and serious injury requiring surgery & convalescence.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1 valve said:

Being driven as a passenger to a stadium is somewhat less than drive to airport, sit around, sit on flight,  drive to stadium, race & return. All this having raced (whilst not totally fit) the day previous. 
Bottom (scuzzy pun) line is, Emil returned to work earlier than expected or advised, following which he needed to carry on his recuperation from what was a bad crash and serious injury requiring surgery & convalescence.   

A few of us seem to understand this. Some choose not to.

After Thursday night we will find out if Ipswich need him for their Final, and after Friday night we will know if Toruń need him for their Final ...

10 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

How many comments will be made IF we get to the final and Emil rides and wins the league for us haha imagine the outrage! I’d love it to happen more than ever now :D

I think most if not all fans are not unhappy with the Emil situation. It’s more a reaction to the riders who were banned for said same situation previously. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShanoXtra said:

Douglas has a cut on his arm and Emil a hole in his arse from one of the worst British crashes this season, lives in another country but everyone chooses to moan about Emil missing the meetings. When it suits I guess! 

Douglas hasn't ridden since his last Leicester match.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ouch said:

I think most if not all fans are not unhappy with the Emil situation. It’s more a reaction to the riders who were banned for said same situation previously. 

... and were not 😉