British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

55 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Sadly, King's complete failure in Heat 11 was so very predictable ...

Only got beat by Fricke twice , although Danny beat him once and Lawson once who again Danny also beat 

Not sure what you are expecting but he more than did his job last night 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Only got beat by Fricke twice , although Danny beat him once and Lawson once who again Danny also beat 

Some people like to moan for the sake of it! If Emil and Doyle were getting 13 each then kings would have been a great result for the same people I’m sure! 

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

You really are worst Troll - do you really think that comment has validity?

Genuine question ... answer awaited ..

1. If Emil rode last night, Ipswich would have a 12-14 point lead.

2. If Emil told Torun he was riding last night, Torun would have been powerless to stop him.

Which of those statements do you disagree with?

Edited by LagutaRacingFan

6 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

Some people like to moan for the sake of it! If Emil and Doyle were getting 13 each then kings would have been a great result for the same people I’m sure! 

As Ellis said last night, the top two almost guaranteed 25 between them which made the rest of their jobs “easy”.  King was fine last night, and I never like using excuses for poor performances and Danny has definitely had some of those this year, but he’s another who still isn’t fully fit. 

4 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Really? I thought he did absolutely fine. It’s blatantly obvious the landscape has changed since Emil’s injury. Emil rode in our play offs this time last year with no issues whatsoever. I don’t get the big mystery here at all. As you concede, anyone who watched him at the weekend could tell he was uncomfortable and not properly fit, despite what might have got lost in translation from his “interview”. Everybody knows the pressure these boys are under from the Polish authorities to get out there if they’re 100% fit or not. 

Woffinden gave a pre-meeting interview before a Polish fixture a couple of years ago stating his obvious disgust that he was being made to ride with a hand/wrist injury. He subsequently couldn’t hang on to the bike in his first ride and fell doing even more damage. We know what they’re like over there. 

I have zero sympathy for the riders btw. They know the score and have a choice not to ride there. But if they want to take the huge coin on offer then they know what drawbacks that comes with. It’s their look out quite frankly. We don’t pay anywhere near what’s on offer in Poland and as such, don’t place the same demands on the riders. If we did, they’d all tell us to get stuffed from the get go with what’s on offer here. If Ipswich would have been aware that Emil would do the season but not do the play offs then I’m pretty sure Ipswich wouldn’t have signed him. One thing Louis demands is commitment and loyalty from his riders (when fit) and in return he repays the favour and supports them when they’re struggling. We saw that loyalty and commitment from Emil last year, and also this year. But again, the injury undoubtedly changed things. There’s no grey area here, it’s perfectly black and white. 

Watched Torun you tube channel on the meeting (didn't understand what was being said).

Emil wasn't taking part in the group warmup (seemed to be 1 to 1) and wasn't with the riders celebrating the win. As you say possibly some pressure to ride (said missing the meeting before was his choice).

If Torun have paid or assisted with his rehab then possibly not wanting to take a chance with the injury?

I think he would have been racing if he hadn't been injured as Lambert and Dudek are still racing for other teams.

On 9/10/2024 at 12:43 PM, Gambo95 said:

Watched Torun you tube channel on the meeting (didn't understand what was being said).

Emil wasn't taking part in the group warmup (seemed to be 1 to 1) and wasn't with the riders celebrating the win. As you say possibly some pressure to ride (said missing the meeting before was his choice).

If Torun have paid or assisted with his rehab then possibly not wanting to take a chance with the injury?

I think he would have been racing if he hadn't been injured as Lambert and Dudek are still racing for other teams.

He didn't take part in the celebrations because he was being interviewed by Canal+

If Emil was fit to ride he would have. He couldn’t travel it’s that simple. Toruń pulling rank isn’t an argument. They don’t have the power to. Emil is contracted to race, this isn’t a guest booking. If you think Toruń can stop him then why doesn’t the following happen… Wroclaw stop Bewley, Lublin stop Holder, even Ostrów stop C Holder? Answers anyone?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

If Emil was fit to ride he would have. He couldn’t travel it’s that simple. Toruń pulling rank isn’t an argument. They don’t have the power to. Emil is contracted to race, this isn’t a guest booking. If you think Toruń can stop him then why doesn’t the following happen… Wroclaw stop Bewley, Lublin stop Holder, even Ostrów stop C Holder? Answers anyone?

State of GB Speedway.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

It is obvious there are some who just don't like Danny and if he makes a mistake, like heat 11, he gets no credit for his overall performance. The fact is he performed very well last night but still gets very little credit, for someone to perform like that when still not fully fit is incredible and should be applauded. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It is obvious there are some who just don't like Danny and if he makes a mistake, like heat 11, he gets no credit for his overall performance. The fact is he performed very well last night but still gets very little credit, for someone to perform like that when still not fully fit is incredible and should be applauded. 

Given his recent form i would say his two opening wins were slightly against my expectation so he outperfrmed in that respect. Heat 11 maybe disappointing but it was the strongest Leicester duo in Fricke and Lawson who both out average him comfortably. One is a GP rider of course too!

As for heat 15 - well who knows - Brennan and 3 wins out of 4 on the night and Kvech to my mind was always going to get one of the spots being a GP rider and on 9+1 at that stage.

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanoXtra said:

Of course Toruń have the power to stop him.... they use a thing called złoty, and a lot of it. 

Edited by BackInTheDHSS

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Poland pay huge signing on fees,, part of that fee would prob be we call the shots 

So why are Lublin letting J. Holder and Wroclaw letting Bewley ride in our playoffs? The argument people make about it being because of money makes no sense. Or then all riders would be banned from our play offs every year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

Emil signed a contract to ride for Ipswich so that would take priority. People really are missing the point here that it is due to him travelling that he isn’t riding not to do with Toruń. 

SCB statement:

On Tuesday 10th September the Speedway Control Bureau (SCB) recieved an injury/sick note for Ipswich Rider Emil Sayfutdinov who despite representing his Polish Club on Sunday 8th September was unable to travel to the UK due to dehydration and exhaustion following the event in Poland.

Mr Sayfutdinov has been signed out up-to-and-including the 12th September.

The Ipswich team will be granted a facilty during this period.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

SCB statement:

On Tuesday 10th September the Speedway Control Bureau (SCB) recieved an injury/sick note for Ipswich Rider Emil Sayfutdinov who despite representing his Polish Club on Sunday 8th September was unable to travel to the UK due to dehydration and exhaustion following the event in Poland.

I rest my case. I had not even see that statement so thanks for quoting.

10 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

SCB statement:

Tuesday the 10th? So what was there, which covered Monday 9th?

And if the answer to that is "nothing", then would Ipswich have been entitled to use a guest rider? If not, the points scored by Kvech or Brennan would need to be expunged?

The Ipswich team would have been put forward to the SCB 3 days ago. Then Emil does well in his first few rides & Ipswich cancel the guest option expecting Emil to be in England. He then suffers after the Polish meeting & Ipswich have to re-book a guest.

GET REAL GUYS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1