British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

30 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Regarding Emil’ s injury, he described it as a ‘hole in his bum’, but surely that is something that each and every one of us have to live with!

Surely Hawkins meant it was a pain in the arse being without Emil. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

That is rubbish in my opinion.

Look at the statistics if you don’t agree. Be interesting to see the opinion of Redcar fans on here. 
no surprise to see Ritchie Hawkins sporting a Danny king hat last night !!! No bias at all. 
last three home meetings Danny king has ridden very well indeed and scored more than enough.  

7 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Should been in heat 15 imo.

He should indeed, that was a poor decision to leave it to the two guests, what a cop out.

Almost as bad as trying to fix the gates for the finale, that wasn’t a good thing to see either.

The meeting was kept interesting by the scoreline, nothing else as the racing as such was gate and go all night, unfortunately Leicester isn’t any better but I think the lead isn’t enough for Ipswich who badly let it slip when it really mattered.

• Like 3

For me, it was telling watching Hawkins car crash interview. (well done abi). First it was like watching a rabbit in the headlights. It is clear that these are grave times for British speedway because we need those brilliant riders yet it appears if the Polish team decide not to risk them then you are buggered. You can make the PO final and then lose your best riders. Basically British speedway has lost all control over its destiny.

Watching Emil ride in Poland it was clear he is not fit (despite a typically surreal performance)and it is equally clear this is not his decision so would be great if all the numb nuts could shut up and blame those responsible, the Polish promoters (for ruling the world) and the British promoters (for losing control).

Its clear Ipswich have been withholding information about Emil from the public and I would like to know if Morris is doing anything to sort this muddle out?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, OldHawk said:

For me, it was telling watching Hawkins car crash interview. (well done abi). First it was like watching a rabbit in the headlights. It is clear that these are grave times for British speedway because we need those brilliant riders yet it appears if the Polish team decide not to risk them then you are buggered. You can make the PO final and then lose your best riders. Basically British speedway has lost all control over its destiny.

Watching Emil ride in Poland it was clear he is not fit (despite a typically surreal performance)and it is equally clear this is not his decision so would be great if all the numb nuts could shut up and blame those responsible, the Polish promoters (for ruling the world) and the British promoters (for losing control).

Its clear Ipswich have been withholding information about Emil from the public and I would like to know if Morris is doing anything to sort this muddle out?

Really? I thought he did absolutely fine. It’s blatantly obvious the landscape has changed since Emil’s injury. Emil rode in our play offs this time last year with no issues whatsoever. I don’t get the big mystery here at all. As you concede, anyone who watched him at the weekend could tell he was uncomfortable and not properly fit, despite what might have got lost in translation from his “interview”. Everybody knows the pressure these boys are under from the Polish authorities to get out there if they’re 100% fit or not. 

Woffinden gave a pre-meeting interview before a Polish fixture a couple of years ago stating his obvious disgust that he was being made to ride with a hand/wrist injury. He subsequently couldn’t hang on to the bike in his first ride and fell doing even more damage. We know what they’re like over there. 

I have zero sympathy for the riders btw. They know the score and have a choice not to ride there. But if they want to take the huge coin on offer then they know what drawbacks that comes with. It’s their look out quite frankly. We don’t pay anywhere near what’s on offer in Poland and as such, don’t place the same demands on the riders. If we did, they’d all tell us to get stuffed from the get go with what’s on offer here. If Ipswich would have been aware that Emil would do the season but not do the play offs then I’m pretty sure Ipswich wouldn’t have signed him. One thing Louis demands is commitment and loyalty from his riders (when fit) and in return he repays the favour and supports them when they’re struggling. We saw that loyalty and commitment from Emil last year, and also this year. But again, the injury undoubtedly changed things. There’s no grey area here, it’s perfectly black and white. 

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Like 3

As already stated by many, the meeting wasnt a great spectacle so far as racing goes, but the score-line made it very interesting and kept my attention till the end.

Boughen's pass inside Masters was great to see.....this kid is going places.... his confidence in Heat 14 was beyond his years and experience.

Personally I thought that King should've stepped up for his club in Heat 15 ? Can see Ipswich dumping him next season!

Tactical mistake by Hawkins IMO!

Brennan was good, but he didnt look the quickest....great control in one of his heats though...plus, did well to avoid Masters early on!

Looking forward to Thursday.....Ipswich need to choose the right guests to have any chance!

King did ride well but he did his usual Heat 11 trick which frustrates people every week.

He gates alongside the rider in Gate 1, who pushes him wide, allowing the rider in gate 3 to pass him easy up the inside. 5-1 to the opposition.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

As already stated by many, the meeting wasnt a great spectacle so far as racing goes, but the score-line made it very interesting and kept my attention till the end.

Boughen's pass inside Masters was great to see.....this kid is going places.... his confidence in Heat 14 was beyond his years and experience.

Personally I thought that King should've stepped up for his club in Heat 15 ? Can see Ipswich dumping him next season!

Tactical mistake by Hawkins IMO!

Brennan was good, but he didnt look the quickest....great control in one of his heats though...plus, did well to avoid Masters early on!

Looking forward to Thursday.....Ipswich need to choose the right guests to have any chance!

It’s the same line up for both teams as last night.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Really? I thought he did absolutely fine. It’s blatantly obvious the landscape has changed since Emil’s injury. Emil rode in our play offs this time last year with no issues whatsoever. I don’t get the big mystery here at all. As you concede, anyone who watched him at the weekend could tell he was uncomfortable and not properly fit, despite what might have got lost in translation from his “interview”. Everybody knows the pressure these boys are under from the Polish authorities to get out there if they’re 100% fit or not. 

Woffinden gave a pre-meeting interview before a Polish fixture a couple of years ago stating his obvious disgust that he was being made to ride with a hand/wrist injury. He subsequently couldn’t hang on to the bike in his first ride and fell doing even more damage. We know what they’re like over there. 

I have zero sympathy for the riders btw. They know the score and have a choice not to ride there. But if they want to take the huge coin on offer then they know what drawbacks that comes with. It’s their look out quite frankly. We don’t pay anywhere near what’s on offer in Poland and as such, don’t place the same demands on the riders. If we did, they’d all tell us to get stuffed from the get go with what’s on offer here. If Ipswich would have been aware that Emil would do the season but not do the play offs then I’m pretty sure Ipswich wouldn’t have signed him. One thing Louis demands is commitment and loyalty from his riders (when fit) and in return he repays the favour and supports them when they’re struggling. We saw that loyalty and commitment from Emil last year, and also this year. But again, the injury undoubtedly changed things. There’s no grey area here, it’s perfectly black and white. 

Excellent post.  Hard to argue with any of it. 

That is probably the first time any broadcaster has asked a hard hitting question, it was great from Abi and she has really come on on as a speedway presenter these last few years.   

2 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

It is black and white. Emil completed a foreign league meeting then failed to attend an official fixture in the UK so going off past implementation he will be banned. 

Do I think he should be banned? No, as he has 100% more holes in his arse than is the norm and the Poles don’t give a monkeys. 

I like Emil so think he shouldn’t be banned, if it was a rider or team I disliked then I’d say ban him. 

I think that kind of thinking makes me ideally placed to be the next SCB arbitrator, from a consistency point of view. 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Gavan said:

Still some so called Ipswich fans having a dig at King when he scored 9 from 4 …. These people aren’t true fans of the club … King more than did his job … if he scores 5 on Thursday then maybe have a moan but it’s pathetic to moan about tonight 

Sadly, King's complete failure in Heat 11 was so very predictable ...

Edited by Roger Jacobs

13 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

That's Ipswich done for.

Only 1 person to blame and his name is Emil Sayfutdinov!

If he was riding, Ipswich would have had a 12-14 point lead.

You really are worst Troll - do you really think that comment has validity?

Genuine question ... answer awaited ..

• Like 1