British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

29 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Pouring with rain in Ipswich, surely we could re-run when Emil is back? 😁

Toruń need to be knocked out of the Polish play-offs before Emil will be allowed to ride in UK this year. And given that Toruń have a 12 point advantage to take into the second leg of their semi-final that’s not going to be during 2024.

Edited by 1 valve
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Toruń need to be knocked out of the Polish play-offs before Emil will be allowed to ride in UK this year. And given that Toruń have a 12 point advantage to take into the second leg of their semi-final that’s not going to be during 2024.

If you knew anything about Polish Speedway you would know that Lublin can easily pull that back over 15 heats and will be favourites  to do so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Lublin at home have every chance of pulling 12 back.

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

I wouldn't write Lublin off with the team they have :t:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

youd be spewing up as an ipswitch fan watching that play off yesterday ,knowing hes not allowed to ride for you .

Yes I can understand that point of view but considering what he has done for British Speedway and Ipswich he should be allowed a bit of slack. It is a shame because he could of been a match winner against Leicester.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

youd be spewing up as an ipswitch fan watching that play off yesterday ,knowing hes not allowed to ride for you .

Not at all. When I saw his crash I wrote him off for the season and also wrote our season off in my head so anything right now in terms of Ipswich season is a bonus. He has been amazing for Ipswich so I haven’t got any bad feeling in this situation and wish him all the best with Toruń and whatever his future holds :D

• Like 1

I can’t believe people still thought Emil would ride for Ipswich tonight even after a season of Polish clubs pulling the strings and suspicious absences. 

Torun probably paid for all his rehab etc as well and now have a chance of reaching the final after yesterday’s result, it was never going to happen.

If the rain holds off and the match is on I can see Ipswich winning this. Very good choice of guests and they really came out fighting against Sheffield in the Knockout Cup last week. Certainly seem to have the advantage with their reserves as well. Should be interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

If the rain holds off and the match is on I can see Ipswich winning this. Very good choice of guests and they really came out fighting against Sheffield in the Knockout Cup last week. Certainly seem to have the advantage with their reserves as well. Should be interesting. 

I can see them winning tonight and if Harris was guesting I would think with a decent lead but not enough lead to win on aggregate.

• Like 1