British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

35 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Everyone on here is sick of you popping up on the forum all the while chatting s#*t but hey hoo wotever floats your boat

I'm not, I think it's a bit of light relief :D

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’m personally not convinced we’ll see him back here next year, but I could be wrong on that. We’ll have to wait and see. 

I tend to agree with that, I thinks it’s 50/50 at the moment. The positive is that if he does ride in the uk it will be at Ipswich.

I think it will come down to what works best for Emil & his family be that here or Sweden. He seems to want to ride more than just Poland & it appears Torún are happy with that but who knows.

No matter what happens the guy has cemented his place as an Ipswich legend he is just class on & off the track.

• Like 4

You cannot question Emil's commitment to British Speedway and Ipswich in particular, Freddie cant guest for similar reasons to  why Emil cant ride here.Emil rides on a Polish licence so his main employer is his Polish team and if they say he can ride, he rides. It is clear to most that it is completely different to Laguta. Boughen could be a meeting winner for this match, he is on fire.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Oh ok I would think he would score more at Ipswich than Sheffield.

I could be wrong but Sheffield wanted to use him in the Cup final before they realised they couldn’t use him so they probably booked him for Woffinden in the play offs a while ago whilst Ipswich were still hopeful of using Lindgren. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I could be wrong but Sheffield wanted to use him in the Cup final before they realised they couldn’t use him so they probably booked him for Woffinden in the play offs a while ago whilst Ipswich were still hopeful of using Lindgren. 

I am sure Freddie would guest if he was allowed to. I am not sure how Polish clubs can stop someone from earning extra money.

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I am sure Freddie would guest if he was allowed to. I am not sure how Polish clubs can stop someone from earning extra money.

Oh come on , surely you're not seriously asking that question!

If they go against their Polish clubs wishes they would lose much more than the comparative peanuts they would pick up here

Doesn't matter whether you think that's fair or even legal not one of them will rock the boat and test that position

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Oh come on , surely you're not seriously asking that question!

If they go against their Polish clubs wishes they would lose much more than the comparative peanuts they would pick up here

Doesn't matter whether you think that's fair or even legal not one of them will rock the boat and test that position

Yes but this is Lindgren surely he must have a bit of leeway considering his standing in the sport. They didn't object him signing for Birmingham. I would have thought they need him as much as he needs them.

• Like 1

There's a difference between riding for your contracted club and taking a guest booking.

1. Freddie doesn't have a contract to ride as a guest.

2. Emil does have a contract with Ipswich.

Say what you want about Freddie, but he wouldn't be missing a play-off match for Birmingham.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but this is Lindgren surely he must have a bit of leeway considering his standing in the sport. They didn't object him signing for Birmingham. I would have thought they need him as much as he needs them.

From what I have heard they sanctioned his contract with Birmingham knowing it would only run until August as Birmingham were never making thd Play Offs

That meant it wouldn't interfere with the Polish Play Offs and hence the subsequent stance against further participation 

35 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

From what I have heard they sanctioned his contract with Birmingham knowing it would only run until August as Birmingham were never making thd Play Offs

That meant it wouldn't interfere with the Polish Play Offs and hence the subsequent stance against further participation 

Nobody is buying this nonsense.

Loads of Polish play-off riders are riding in the Swedish semi-final on Tuesday.

It's funny how Torun don't have an issue with Lambert and Dudek riding in Sweden on Tuesday, but they have an issue with Emil riding in the UK.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Nobody is buying this nonsense.

Loads of Polish play-off riders are riding in the Swedish semi-final on Tuesday.

It's funny how Torun don't have an issue with Lambert and Dudek riding in Sweden on Tuesday, but they have an issue with Emil riding in the UK.

Nobody from Poland had a problem with Emil riding here in last years play offs either. The circumstances this time around are somewhat different as you full well know. 

Emil gave an interview with canal + a few hours ago. Didn’t mention coming back to England although the question “why do you ride in England when you don’t need to” was asked. He replied about how much he learnt on English tracks, more telling, he said after the race today he feels 100% fit with no soreness at all. Hmmm, if he doesn’t get banned maybe back for Thursday? Or the season is over for him in England, only he will really know. 

• Like 1

No Polish club is going to drop the likes of Lindgren if he really wants to ride in the UK there are plenty of other Polish clubs that would be queueing up to sign riders of his quality

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Leicester must be favourites for the aggregate win. They have recently hit good for as opposed to the inconsistencies of early season.

Ipswich yet again hit by severe bad luck to say the least.

Yes terrible luck but not over just yet. Sam Masters rode well at Glasgow today, Fricke has been superb lately and Becker has found form. It is Leicester's to lose for sure.