British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

3 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Lewis Kerr has been booked to guest for Cook.

Hagon Returns

No Douglas on Monday due to struggling with burn on his Arm R/R to be used.

This makes them stronger. 

Not an exact science I know, but looking at the Lions performance over the 3 fixtures held at Ippo this season, Douglas scored 18 points, therefore averaging 6 per match.  Fricke 21 points: average 7 per match; Lawson 37 points: average 12.33 per match; Masters 19 points: average 6.33 per match; Becker 20 points: average 6.66 per match.  Add the 4 averages together total = 32.32 points and divided by the 4 riders and you get just over 8 points.  If the 4 r/r's ride to their potential, the loss of Douglas makes the Lions a little stronger.  I know, I've got too much time on my hands!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Surely won’t make any difference as Ipswich will get a facility which is no different to what they have now.

A lot of people now realise that building a team around two big hitters is a disaster if both get injured at the same time.

And of course, building a team around two big hitters and both of the getting injured at the same time happens every time ...

With so many guests, it will be like a seven team tournament....:D..

Could be a "commercial success" having so many teams involved, bringing their fans over...;)

Genius BSP, Genius...

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

With so many guests, it will be like a seven team tournament....:D..

Could be a "commercial success" having so many teams involved, bringing their fans over...;)

Genius BSP, Genius...

Don't forget doubling uppers :D

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Don't forget doubling uppers :D

I did consider including them...

But upon reflection, I felt it might have devalued the competition a tiny tad...:D

• Haha 2

I think Ipswich can turn Leicester over in the Semi-Final if they've got good guests booked for the second leg.

Dan Thompson should pile in the points over two legs at two tracks he goes very well at.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TTT said:

I think Ipswich can turn Leicester over in the Semi-Final if they've got good guests booked for the second leg.

Dan Thompson should pile in the points over two legs at two tracks he goes very well at.

Certainly got a fighting chance? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Certainly got a fighting chance? 

Leicester are the form horse but R/R is always a gamble because it relies on everyone performing on the night, I see Ipswich's reserves comfortably outscoring Leicester's reserves going by recent form of all four riders involved so it's massive pressure on Fricke, Lawson, Becker and Masters, If one of those has a bad night then Ipswich could be looking at a Double digit lead.

Ipswich will need proper Guests in the second leg though because R/R won't cut it.

Douggie missed a Polish play-off meeting yesterday so his injury must be quite serious to a point where he didn't feel like he could risk it for the big Polish Zloty (£), Monday to Thursday is a quick turnaround to find fitness.

Edited by TTT

The normal suspects going on about Guests .. What do they want teams to do when this happens .. No doubt bring Juniors riders in for heat leaders ? 

• Like 1