British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

15 hours ago, ShanoXtra said:

Torun into the Semi-finals of polish play offs so they will still be hoping Emil rides for them and then potentially Ipswich can have him ride as well. Grudziądz out, so Fricke season finished in Poland and will be wanting the British trophy at least I’m sure! 

To me the rider that will be the difference will be Luke Becker, had a poor start to the season and was being heavily criticised but not now. He has turned his form around.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

To me the rider that will be the difference will be Luke Becker, had a poor start to the season and was being heavily criticised but not now. He has turned his form around.

Very true, something seemed to click at SON.

19 hours ago, Badge said:

Very true, something seemed to click at SON.

If my understanding is correct he got a new engine from an unnamed tuner that is well suited to British tracks.

1 hour ago, SJA said:

If my understanding is correct he got a new engine from an unnamed tuner that is well suited to British tracks.

Jon Howarth tunes Becker’s engine, he also just started doing Pickering also so might have found their sweet spot, don’t know what he’s doing to his brothers engines though as like he’s riding a washing machine!

32 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Jon Howarth tunes Becker’s engine, he also just started doing Pickering also so might have found their sweet spot, don’t know what he’s doing to his brothers engines though as like he’s riding a washing machine!

I'm not sure if he tunes them does he? I thought he "serviced" them. Isn't Picko on an AshTec engine that Howarth services?

Would love to see my club Leicester win the whole thing but like others have pointed out, the breaking of the rules of who rides who has taken excitment off for me. It just doesn't feel right to me . A little bit like the league cup in the football. It just doesn't make sense to me at all. Sheffield should be declared league winners and call it a day. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Would love to see my club Leicester win the whole thing but like others have pointed out, the breaking of the rules of who rides who has taken excitment off for me. It just doesn't feel right to me . A little bit like the league cup in the football. It just doesn't make sense to me at all. Sheffield should be declared league winners and call it a day. 

Rules are made to be broken, I'm just surprised that Ipswich have abided by them.

If Ipswich can’t win it then I don’t mind who out of Belle Vue or Leicester do 

Sorry no time for Sheffield as the way some of their fans behave … they did it at the play off final second leg and again when they won at Foxhall last month … just not a nice fan base … plus they have Jack Holder lol 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

If Ipswich can’t win it then I don’t mind who out of Belle Vue or Leicester do 

Sorry no time for Sheffield as the way some of their fans behave … they did it at the play off final second leg and again when they won at Foxhall last month … just not a nice fan base … plus they have Jack Holder lol 

couldn't agree more with you !! fancy naming yourself after a rivals staduim 🤣 Bend 2 Army if you could call 6 people a Army 🤪🤣

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Kvech guesting for Emil, Brennan for Doyle. 

35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Kvech guesting for Emil, Brennan for Doyle. 

Just checked the Ipswich website and Ellis is down to ride.