British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester play off Semi-final 9th Sept

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

If we've abandoned the rules why not let Ippo sign Play Off Bob?

Because the other 3 wouldn't agree - which is more important than the regulations in some fans eyes it seems...

• Like 1

Leicester will beat Ipswich more easily than Sheffield could have. The BSP have decided they want a Leicester v Sheffield final, or maybe TruPlant wanted the possibility of both their teams in the final. Nothing in the organisation of speedway in the UK would surprise me these days. 

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Good luck to Leicester in the final.  Be great to see them defeat Sheffield. 

don't write the Aces off :t:

Edited by AceBelle

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Good luck to Leicester in the final.  Be great to see them defeat Sheffield. 

In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised. I think most have seen Leicester as favourites for the title for a while as they have hit form at the right time. Sheffield don't generally ride Leicester very well so would need a big performance at home to win on aggregate. A lot could depend on who Sheffield pull in to guest. Having said all that, there is the small matter of the semi final first. I don't think Belle Vue will capitulate as easily as on Monday.

4 hours ago, DaveWayne said:

In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised. I think most have seen Leicester as favourites for the title for a while as they have hit form at the right time. Sheffield don't generally ride Leicester very well so would need a big performance at home to win on aggregate. A lot could depend on who Sheffield pull in to guest. Having said all that, there is the small matter of the semi final first. I don't think Belle Vue will capitulate as easily as on Monday.

If it is a Lions V Tigers I am inclined to agree here - Leicester can be very good at Owlerton as can a full strength Witches of course but I can’t see the Lions losing to Ipswich. 

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I know I'm adding to it,, but no need for a thread really,, it's all just bull. 

What I can guarantee,, there will be more numpties than normal paying to involved in the bull,,,,, must also be wrestling fans 

Hey Baldy don't bring wrestling down to the level of this farce lol

• Haha 2

Torun into the Semi-finals of polish play offs so they will still be hoping Emil rides for them and then potentially Ipswich can have him ride as well. Grudziądz out, so Fricke season finished in Poland and will be wanting the British trophy at least I’m sure!