British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers v Redcar Bears, Fri 30th Aug @ Ashfield Stadium

That was an awesome meeting last night , track was good and the riders , well most of them , put on a great show for the public . 

For us 

1 Chris Harris - sublime 

2 Jack Smith - mince 

3 Anders Rowe - get him signed for next year 

4 Matic Ivacic - utter mince 

5 Leon Flint - brilliant 

6 James Pearson - brilliant 

7 Tom Spencer - did as well as we could expect 

Redcar 

1 Charles Wright - rode well , no match for Harris though 

3 Danyon Hume - started well before fading 

4 Jason Edwards - very impressive 

5 Danny King- past it 

6 Ben Trigger - did as well as can be expected 

7 Jake Mulford- looked very fast 

The heat 14 tactical sub put the kibosh on our lingering hopes for the bonus , but it was a cracking encounter . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paulco said:

That was an awesome meeting last night , track was good and the riders , well most of them , put on a great show for the public . 

For us 

1 Chris Harris - sublime 

2 Jack Smith - mince 

3 Anders Rowe - get him signed for next year 

4 Matic Ivacic - utter mince 

5 Leon Flint - brilliant 

6 James Pearson - brilliant 

7 Tom Spencer - did as well as we could expect 

Redcar 

1 Charles Wright - rode well , no match for Harris though 

3 Danyon Hume - started well before fading 

4 Jason Edwards - very impressive 

5 Danny King- past it 

6 Ben Trigger - did as well as can be expected 

7 Jake Mulford- looked very fast 

The heat 14 tactical sub put the kibosh on our lingering hopes for the bonus , but it was a cracking encounter . 

Edwards should definitely be on the “one to be considered” list for next year along with Rowe, although he’s probably spoken for already. Mulford looks like he’s on the up too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

Whoever was in charge of assembling this year’s team will hopefully have no input in assembling next year’s.

You'd hope, but what I heard last night made it sound like next year's team won't be any better. They don't seem to understand the problem.

The really frustrating thing about it is this is a team that wants to win. They're not here to go through the motions with a mid-table team, but they really need to buck their ideas up.

10 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Edwards should definitely be on the “one to be considered” list for next year along with Rowe, although he’s probably spoken for already. Mulford looks like he’s on the up too. 

Was impressive when guesting for us at Plymouth. 

11 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I'd love us to sign Edwards, but I don't think he'd move. I'm sure Anders will be in the team if other commitments fit.

36 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

You'd hope, but what I heard last night made it sound like next year's team won't be any better. They don't seem to understand the problem.

The really frustrating thing about it is this is a team that wants to win. They're not here to go through the motions with a mid-table team, but they really need to buck their ideas up.

Really? Don't all teams want to win? Don't riders get paid by the point? I think youve spent too long listening to Messrs Brown and Lanning! 

• Like 2

It’s fair to say that this season has been a massive let down compared to the previous seasons.

We have been used to some very good sides during this period but sometimes it doesn’t work, we just need to suck it up as a fanbase and hope for better next.

On the plus side the whole spectacle and racing at Glasgow has been superb.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It’s fair to say that this season has been a massive let down compared to the previous seasons.

We have been used to some very good sides during this period but sometimes it doesn’t work, we just need to suck it up as a fanbase and hope for better next.

On the plus side the whole spectacle and racing at Glasgow has been superb.

Think you are watching cracking Speedway most weeks.Hoping the new fans stay loyal.The sport is shooting itself in the foot with all these lowering the averages and stupid fixture planning ,needs to be addressed.IMO

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think you are watching cracking Speedway most weeks.Hoping the new fans stay loyal.The sport is shooting itself in the foot with all these lowering the averages and stupid fixture planning ,needs to be addressed.IMO

The diluting of the product is the biggest issue, we may need to move up if they continue with the ludicrous lowering of the points.

Only two clubs we’re against this lowering ourselves and Poole so moving up may be the only option.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Gazc said:

The diluting of the product is the biggest issue, we may need to move up if they continue with the ludicrous lowering of the points.

Only two clubs we’re against this lowering ourselves and Poole so moving up may be the only option.

Moving up would be the nuclear option! Roughly this time last year the 38 point limit was being widely banded about and I don't think many believed it until some of the higher averaged riders started saying they werent doing the Championship next season. This year its been very quiet, so far anyway. Another year of 38 points bullsh1t will kill our league.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beirao said:

Really? Don't all teams want to win? Don't riders get paid by the point? I think youve spent too long listening to Messrs Brown and Lanning! 

Of course all teams want to. But they don't all have the same resources to hand.

And I don't read a word of the PR nonsense that gets published!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The powers at be are hell bent on reducing the once great Championship to rubble.The want to see a big NDLLeague.

They want to protect the Premiership and its tv deal, everything else is a means to an end. Championship team owners really need to stand up this year, but they won't!

• Like 2

I haven’t been able to attend much speedway this season due to travelling for work and last night served as a great reminder of what quality entertainment speedway can deliver. All credit to both teams, plus the track staff.

What’s the deal with the boy Ivacic? Did he win a competition with the prize being a place in the Tigers’ line-up? Beyond woeful. An absolutely abysmal investment when you factor in costs associated with visas, work permits, etc.

I’d retain Harris (throw money at him to stay) and Pearson, plus maybe… and it’s a huge maybe… for Flint who, although fantastic last night, has had an underwhelming season in Glasgow. I haven’t seen enough of Rowe to comment.

Hopefully Jason Edwards wasn’t allowed to leave Ashfield last night without having a glass of red and a discussion about 2025 with the Facenna brothers

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 3:32 PM, Gazc said:

Which racenight would you prefer? Mondays or Thursdays?

Poole are staying Championship in 2025 as announced at Sundays Lawson Contract signing, so who will replace Brummies if the Perry Barr greyhounds move away - as has been stated?!  Maybe Oxford will run 2 teams in the Premiership.......................!!🤣

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 2

On 8/31/2024 at 3:32 PM, Gazc said:

Diluting the product is an understatement, if they opt for 38 points this season, they are forcing the teams to build to 1.15 points less than the worst Averaging team of 2024..... Which was Glasgow.