British Speedway Forum

Sheffield vs Ipswich 2024 Cup Final Sept 2nd

1 hour ago, Mumsie said:

Jenkins has a scaphoid injury and King has a foot injury. 

https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/22880/oxford-redcar-ckoc-2024-30pm

Jordan said he’s sure it’s broken (as I put on updates) he was gutted and heading to get his wrist looks at and prob x-rays. Fingers crossed it isn’t but he knows his body. Danny walked (hobbled) away from his crash but don’t know more than his foot was sore and swollen.

49 minutes ago, 2ndbend said:

Why is Scott Nicholls not guesting? Is he suddenly not good enough for the Management?

Scot won’t be riding as he will be presenting. He has made it clear that he didn’t want to race full time premiership because of other commitments.

7 minutes ago, Debbi said:

Scot won’t be riding as he will be presenting. He has made it clear that he didn’t want to race full time premiership because of other commitments.

Scot presents on Euro Sports.

The meeting is not been covered by Euro Sports and the other meeting at Leicester is not been covered so Scot will be available.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

At this point we should just wave the white flag and let a fully fit Oxford take our place in the play offs. 

Can you voluntarily relinquish your place in the play-offs?

If you can then Ippo should jump at the chance because it's beyond ridiculous now to a point where it holds no financial logic to run another meeting at Foxhall this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Debbi said:

Jordan said he’s sure it’s broken (as I put on updates) he was gutted and heading to get his wrist looks at and prob x-rays. Fingers crossed it isn’t but he knows his body. Danny walked (hobbled) away from his crash but don’t know more than his foot was sore and swollen.

We were only saying that Jordan was the only one who hadn’t been injured this season last week,so a full house now unbelievable. Danny now has an excuse if he rides tonight. If the pair don’t ride I can see Batchelor & Heeps coming in!!!

6 hours ago, spin king said:

Scot presents on Euro Sports.

The meeting is not been covered by Euro Sports and the other meeting at Leicester is not been covered so Scot will be available.

Scott rode for Oxford last night & will be again tomorrow at Redcar perhaps he doesn’t want to ride 3 days running included a trip almost the whole length of the country for Redcar . 

6 hours ago, TTT said:

Can you voluntarily relinquish your place in the play-offs?

If you can then Ippo should jump at the chance because it's beyond ridiculous now to a point where it holds no financial logic to run another meeting at Foxhall this season.

Contractually probably not. People would also call it a “farce” if we did that but it’s already a farce in the way they’ve pissed up the semi final draw and no more of a farce than turning up with the majority of the team made up of guests from other clubs.

At least Oxford would have their own team of riders and the two semi finals would be competitive and more entertaining to watch. I honestly don’t think the majority of Ipswich supporters would be bothered at this point I really don’t. 

On 9/3/2024 at 7:35 PM, Bash said:

This is a cup final FFS and they can’t even get a guest. Are you telling me that Chris Harris has turned down a guest booking. They tell the fans to turn up and get behind the team and they put a team out like that.

Harris is cup tied. Like a lot of the riders. So really Ipswich are stuck for guest choices