British Speedway Forum

Sheffield vs Ipswich 2024 Cup Final Sept 2nd

King hasn't stepped up once when needed. That's what most expect.

Sick and tired of saying it, but once again he goes missing.  Now we have no chance on Thursday and that will affect the gate, so it's hitting the purse strings.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

King hasn't stepped up once when needed. That's what most expect.

Sick and tired of saying it, but once again he goes missing.  Now we have no chance on Thursday and that will affect the gate, so it's hitting the purse strings.

Totally agree, he’s not consistent enough. 

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Jesus what do people expect from King? Lidsey and Brennan score 13 between them and Doyle and Emil let’s say got 20 and it’s a 6 point loss and everyone would have been happy 

King isn’t a heat leader at this level and he wasn’t signed to be one he was signed to get 7 or 8 a meeting along with Ellis so is anyone going to have pop at Ellis as well …. And reserves do beat higher ranked riders especially at home …. Jenkins beat Bewley the other week and Dan T has beat Janowski and also Harris this season to name but two

King has a near 7pt average and is a heat leader. The management constantly protect him by putting him at 3 giving him favourable gates. 
Even when Scott outscored him comfortably Scott was given the gate 4 graveyard and king got gate 2. 
as a person Danny king is the nicest most genuine guy but I think he needs a new challenge away from Ipswich. 

• Like 2

Danny King isnt a No1 HL in the top division...

And is usually up against two very good riders from the opposition who are "top level", or close to it... 

He is what he is, a 3rd HL/best SS...

Or. A six point man or just slightly better...

Ipswich have been incredibly unlucky but going with two big hitters carries its own risk and reward...

King isn't going to fill any void left by those two, and cannot be expected to...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

And is usually up against two very good riders from the opposition who are "top level", or close to it... 

Ipswich have been incredibly unlucky but going with two big hitters carries its own risk and reward...

King isn't going to fill any void left by those two, and cannot be expected to...

You would hope he could beat Jason Edwards though.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Probably his own making.

At the start of last season was he not looking to push Emil and Jason for the number 1 race jacket (sure that was mentioned various times before).

Sometimes better keeping your goals to yourself.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Edwards beat Ben Cook last week - he’s a handy rider - if speedway was ridden on paper then maybe but it isn’t ! 

meeting entirely as predicted however - it’s probably for the best this wasn’t televised as the actual match that was wasn’t bad - I have no idea if the racing was any good at Owlerton - I really couldn’t be bothered to go down! 

Just out if interested has anyone actually been able to try and watch the rerun on BSN, they had it prepped to go then just dropped offline and when refreshed only had our Thursday meeting. I wonder why this sport is so damaged in this country!?!? Eurosport and now BSN can’t get it right. Congrats Sheffield though. I doubt many people will be turning up Thursday. 

Also, Brennan and Lidsey tried. But it’s as simple as this… Emil and Doyle maybe 10 points each tonight. The guests tonight have combined 13 points. Our full team result potentially about 42-48 away loss which would have been winnable back at Foxhall. This is the situation we are and will be in for the rest of the three matches we have. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Shame as it should be two top teams but injuries have robbed us although still don't understand how Lidsey was the best guest available. Has anyone asked Hawkins or Louis?

I think Louis and Hawkins are passed their best to be honest😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

I think Louis and Hawkins are passed their best to be honest😁

Lidsey number one at Ipswich but not at his own club… sums up our season of guest and RR doesn’t it ! I hope Emil gets fit soon, and not even to ride for play offs because we have no chance, just because he is a top guy and I wish him all the best! 

46 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Would be interested to know what people who watch the meeting on BSN think - in heat 7 I was far from convinced  that Edwards did beat him!

I know it was a big win, but actually closer than I expected, with the team that Ipswich arrived with I thought it may be a true mauling. Chris Holder had a couple of uncharacteristic thirds, Howarth had a mare and Gilkes just wasn’t quite on it tonight, but it was by far and away the best meeting Picko had had around Sheffield for a while, so maybe equalled out for the others being slightly sub-par.

It will be a major shock if we don’t pick up the trophy, but as others have said, a slightly hollow victory when the opposition have been so badly hit by injuries. Not over until the fat bloke sings though

5 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Would be interested to know what people who watch the meeting on BSN think - in heat 7 I was far from convinced  that Edwards did beat him!

I know it was a big win, but actually closer than I expected, with the team that Ipswich arrived with I thought it may be a true mauling. Chris Holder had a couple of uncharacteristic thirds, Howarth had a mare and Gilkes just wasn’t quite on it tonight, but it was by far and away the best meeting Picko had had around Sheffield for a while, so maybe equalled out for the others being slightly sub-par.

It will be a major shock if we don’t pick up the trophy, but as others have said, a slightly hollow victory when the opposition have been so badly hit by injuries. Not over until the fat bloke sings though

It wasn’t shown on BSN in the end 

• Confused 2

Can't see the Tigers losing that lead at Foxhall. As much as Brennan + Lidsey tried they are never going to score what Emil + Doyley would. Ellis just back from injury it was always going to be a tough ask Holder Full Maximum 18 and Pickering 17+1 Paid maximum says it all. Throw in Chris Holder 10 points and 45+2 between 3 riders. 

2 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Just watched the stream and disappointed all races were won by the 2nd bend exit. Thankfully I  see far more passing at the EWR every week.

Typical Sheffield, although track was different tonight and didn't have to ride right out by the fence as usual.

15 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Can't see the Tigers losing that lead at Foxhall. As much as Brennan + Lidsey tried they are never going to score what Emil + Doyley would.

Result of this was never in doubt unless Ipswich made a significant signing to replace Doyle.  Add Sayfutdinov injury to that, forget it as a contest.  Booking Lidsey as guest @#1? His scores away from NSS are generally lackluster.

Hopefully Lindgren is booked for the playoff, guest wise for the Witches?  Janowski too?