British Speedway Forum

Sheffield vs Ipswich 2024 Cup Final Sept 2nd

22 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Only in the one eyed world of Sheffield could applying the regulations correctly be regarded as a conspiracy theory :icon_smile_clown:

But the conspiracy was the Bates family can do what they want regardless of the rules, obviously they cant 

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2024 at 11:08 PM, Gavan said:

Strange thing to say because Jai never rode all season he was brought in to ride at a track he is good at

Jye rode for Sheffield (against Wolves) near the end of the season as well as the final.

Got the wrong post.

5 hours ago, The Third Man said:

But the conspiracy was the Bates family can do what they want regardless of the rules, obviously they cant 

I think you giving Bates too much credit, he has never struck me as being that bright, that coupled with Stead who surely should have known the rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

I think you giving Bates too much credit, he has never struck me as being that bright, that coupled with Stead who surely should have known the rules.

I don't blame them, it was the Ipswich supporters who said they could do what they want

However i do agree that all parties should have known the rules

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

I don't blame them, it was the Ipswich supporters who said they could do what they want

However i do agree that all parties should have known the rules

Being a so called professional sport,, you would think the first thing asked or considered would be, are there any regulations stopping us choosing any guest we want.  

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Being a so called professional sport,, you would think the first thing asked or considered would be, are there any regulations stopping us choosing any guest we want.  

The regulations ain't worth rubbish 

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

And after they asked the question...

They all looked at each other, and then all fell about laughing on the floor holding their sides...

Like the Martians used to do in those Smash adverts...😁

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

And after they asked the question...

They all looked at each other, and then all fell about laughing on the floor holding their sides...

Like the Martians used to do in those Smash adverts...😁

Bloody good advert that ,back then the adverts and speedway seemed better lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, iainb said:

The regulations ain't worth rubbish 

That’s rather a broad brush.

The funniest thing about Sheffield failing with this one is that it was brought in specifically after recent farces with riders guesting for and against the same team in cup and play-off matches.

Mind you, a couple of years ago Stead whinged online about the Premier Pairs at Belle Vue - and the Supplementary Regs were in the Programme!

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

That’s rather a broad brush.

The funniest thing about Sheffield failing with this one is that it was brought in specifically after recent farces with riders guesting for and against the same team in cup and play-off matches.

Mind you, a couple of years ago Stead whinged online about the Premier Pairs at Belle Vue - and the Supplementary Regs were in the Programme!

The other week, the other GB manager was debating with Kelvin on Eurosport whether a rider who had just been excluded for falling might "go off 15 metres" in the rerun...  :D

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The other week, the other GB manager was debating with Kelvin on Eurosport whether a rider who had just been excluded for falling might "go off 15 metres" in the rerun...  :D

Well Oliver Allen has some excuse because he doesn’t manage a team in any of the leagues but Stead should know as he does.

1 hour ago, Odds On said:

so then is the Mr Attitude Jack Holder going to go through the card tonight?...should do really but not convinced he will

Ellis and Brennan will be hard to beat if they gate but would expect Jack and Chris to only drop a couple of points if the track is good 

• Like 1