British Speedway Forum

Sheffield vs Ipswich 2024 Cup Final Sept 2nd

Teams announced.

Note* Tom Brennan confirmed as guest for playoffs. 

SHEFFIELD: 1. Jack Holder 8.70 2. Kyle Howarth 5.35 © 3. Chris Holder 8.65 4. Josh Pickering 6.61 5. Chris Harris (G) 8.67 6. Jason Edwards 3.52 7. Joe Thompson (G) (RS). Team Manager: Simon Stead

IPSWICH: 1. Jaimon Lidsey (G) 9.36 2. Keynan Rew 5.43 3. Danny King © 6.48 4. Tom Brennan (G) 9.12 5. Adam Ellis 5.61 6. Jordan Jenkins 3.74 7. Dan Thompson (RS). Team Manager: Ritchie Hawkins

• Haha 1

Don’t want to jinx things… but Sheffield should have a very sizeable lead to take to Ipswich looking at those teams. Lidsey was not good the other night for BV and whilst Brennan did well guesting for us the other week, he’s no Emil. Presume that we have booked Harris to prevent him being used against us!!

Shame as for the cup final (any final) you want to see the best of the best, but with Ipswich decimated at present that is definitely not the case.

• Like 1

You will win this on the first leg alone - Lidsey this season hasn't been great at Owlerton, and whilst Tom always gives it a go I cant see beyond say 55+ for Sheffield - shame as its a dead rubber!

With those lineups it’s Sheffield’s cup to lose. Why have we got Lidsey, surely Bewley would’ve been better! Or have Poland stopped him guesting as well as Lindgren. I gather it will be Scott instead of Jaimon for the second leg.

Supporting the boys is always key so I'll be at Foxhall (Can't make Sheffield as I'll be in Poland). The fact is, even with any top 5 SGP rider it just isn't the same winning anything this year, I want to celebrate with Emil and Doyle holding any trophy. Plus, any top 5 rider in the SGP probably couldn't do as well as Emil or Doyle in this league either, and I include the Polish Ace in that category.  Good luck to all teams in the Cup and Playoffs!

I think Ipswich can get 41,42 points and make the 2nd leg interesting.Sheffield were very ordinary last night at Lynn.Harris isn't in the form of his life.Think Ipswich are better at reserve too.If Ipswich can get their gating gloves on,who knows.

• Like 1

Ippo won't win another meeting this season, You cant sink any lower than losing to a make shift Birmingham side at Home that features R/R, Voulas and Z. Cook in the engine room.

King's gone missing again when he needed to step up and be a captain.

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Ippo won't win another meeting this season, You cant sink any lower than losing to a make shift Birmingham side at Home that features R/R, Voulas and Z. Cook in the engine room.

Zach Cook scored 9+1: more than any KL rider so you shouldn't complain.

Lidsey and Brennan have had some good meetings at Owlerton and also some stinkers could be the key riders. Horrible to be relying on that many guests but I’m guessing Ipswich fans just want to see it close.
Ellis 15 point max incoming? lol 

52-38

49 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

Lidsey and Brennan have had some good meetings at Owlerton and also some stinkers could be the key riders. Horrible to be relying on that many guests but I’m guessing Ipswich fans just want to see it close.

52-38

They have two guests replacing their top two riders same as Sheffield in the playoffs last year

• Like 2

Ipswich failed to defend a healthy lead in the second leg at Sheffield last year with Doyle and Emil in the team. This final will be over after the first leg imo.

1 hour ago, Manifesto said:

52-38

Who thought getting Lidsey to guest was a good option, surely there must be someone else available who could do it, Where is Bewley or Lindgren.

7 hours ago, Bash said:

With those lineups it’s Sheffield’s cup to lose. Why have we got Lidsey, surely Bewley would’ve been better! Or have Poland stopped him guesting as well as Lindgren. I gather it will be Scott instead of Jaimon for the second leg.

Lidsey also riding in polish play/offs as well ??

24 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Who thought getting Lidsey to guest was a good option, surely there must be someone else available who could do it, Where is Bewley or Lindgren.

They can say no if they want :rofl:

• Like 1