British Speedway Forum

2025 Team Predictions

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

No Jenkins isn’t an Ipswich asset. And Peterborough not riding is irrelevant. If there is a rule that another club can’t benefit from picking up another clubs rising star, then Ipswich would have had to use him on his actual average rather than the reduced average they signed him on regardless of Peterborough riding or not so that rule simply can’t exist. 

I think we were that far under the limit that he would still fit anyway!

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

No Jenkins isn’t an Ipswich asset. And Peterborough not riding is irrelevant. If there is a rule that another club can’t benefit from picking up another clubs rising star, then Ipswich would have had to use him on his actual average rather than the reduced average they signed him on regardless of Peterborough riding or not so that rule simply can’t exist. 

There’s no rule that a rider can come back on an assessed average (say 8.20), doesn’t turn a wheel then the the next season comes in on a lower average (say 8.00 this time) due to the fact he didn’t fit otherwise - but it happened. 

As Superace says, “rules will be changed to suit”, some. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

There is a rule that says “ No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a re-declaration has not made an appearance for that team since being re-declared. Yet if a declared rider decides he’s got a better offer abroad and bins off his UK team, a facility WAS allowed. 

Whether rules exist or not is purely incidental for some teams. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ouch said:

There’s no rule that a rider can come back on an assessed average (say 8.20), doesn’t turn a wheel then the the next season comes in on a lower average (say 8.00 this time) due to the fact he didn’t fit otherwise - but it happened. 

7 minutes ago, ouch said:

There is a rule that says “ No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a re-declaration has not made an appearance for that team since being re-declared. Yet if a declared rider decides he’s got a better offer abroad and bins off his UK team, a facility WAS allowed. 

Whether rules exist or not is purely incidental for some teams. 

Without going down the rabbit hole of rules “being changed to suit”, all I’m saying is that there is no such rule or regulation that prevents a rising star graduating out of the rising star system and benefiting from a 25% reduction riding for a different team as proved this year with Jenkins being a case in point. Next year, who knows. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Looking at the rules you are correct, Rowe will have to move out of the RS next year and will get a 25% reduction on his average. 

King's Lynn 

1. Lawson 7.10 ish

2. Kerr 4.60 ish

3. Klindt 6.60 ish

4. King 6.35 ish

5. Iversen 6.75 ish

6. Mountain 3.40 ish

7. ???

Ave: 35.00 ish

I think that's about as good as it'll get for King's Lynn in 25. We'll get the same story no doubt "it's the most expensive side we've ever assembled." 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

King's Lynn 

1. Lawson 7.10 ish

2. Kerr 4.60 ish

3. Klindt 6.60 ish

4. King 6.35 ish

5. Iversen 6.75 ish

6. Mountain 3.40 ish

7. ???

I think that's about as good as it'll get for King's Lynn in 25. We'll get the same story no doubt "it's the most expensive side we've ever assembled." 🤣

Hope that don’t happen

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

King's Lynn 

1. Lawson 7.10 ish

2. Kerr 4.60 ish

3. Klindt 6.60 ish

4. King 6.35 ish

5. Iversen 6.75 ish

6. Mountain 3.40 ish

7. ???

You have missed one off,i wonder who that may be🤔.Wont be a reserve for sure.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

King's Lynn 

1. Lawson 7.10 ish

2. Kerr 4.60 ish

3. Klindt 6.60 ish

4. King 6.35 ish

5. Iversen 6.75 ish

6. Mountain 3.40 ish

7. ???

No chance. Not 5 points under the limit. Swap Mountain for Kvech, which would put Lewi at reserve all season. And we would still have points to play with... £££ permitting of course.

31 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You have missed one off,i wonder who that may be🤔.Wont be a reserve for sure.

17 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No chance. Not 5 points under the limit. Swap Mountain for Kvech, which would put Lewi at reserve all season. And we would still have points to play with... £££ permitting of course.

I don't see Kvech & Rowe returning. They should have bigger & better ambitions than King's Lynn rolling around at the foot of the table yet again. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't see Kvech & Rowe returning. They should have bigger & better ambitions than King's Lynn rolling around at the foot of the table yet again. 

You only see and hear from a far.Anyway surely having bigger ambitions would be riding at Lynn,as they would be riding against better riders every week.

34 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

How contrived the play-offs have been this season is the league title really worth winning?

Lynn had a really good opportunity to win the KO cup and narrowly missed out to Sheffield. No criticism of either of them but If we didn’t have Z Cook and Castanga we would’ve got over the line and got into the final. 

All in all I would say it was a better season for Lynn minus the shenanigans which we’ll never hear the full story of anyway. 

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

King's Lynn 

1. Lawson 7.10 ish

2. Kerr 4.60 ish

3. Klindt 6.60 ish

4. King 6.35 ish

5. Iversen 6.75 ish

6. Mountain 3.40 ish

7. ???

This is very wrong... can see us having Iversen and Lawson out of those 7