British Speedway Forum

2025 Team Predictions

20 hours ago, TTT said:

Some say yes, Others say no.

I left them out because I don't know who they'd get in if they do run apart from NKI and Klindt.

Did Basso quit? Rowe sounds like he's Sheffield bound going by this thread, Lots of talk about Kvech being linked with Ipswich as well.

The Kvech “talk” has only come from Cowboy Cookie on here, I assume because he wants him. Nothing in that for me. 

On Emil, the Witches promotion will obviously want him back but they’ll be relaxed about the situation. If he decides time is up here, then Musielak will be a strong contender to join Doyle up top. I think we’ll want Brennan in the team also, but so will plenty of others. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Brady Kurtz 

Tate Zischke 

Tom Brennan 

Ben Cook 

Dan Bewley 

Connor Bailey?

Flint/Cairns (RS)

Even if the point limit remained the same, there’s no way you could fit that top 4 in. I also can’t see Brennan going back to BV as a second string - he wants to push on 

34 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Even if the point limit remained the same, there’s no way you could fit that top 4 in. I also can’t see Brennan going back to BV as a second string - he wants to push on 

Going off the averages as they are now yes you can you could even keep Lidsey over Brennan and be under 40

If you change Lidsey for Brennan you could swap C Bailey for N P Toft at reserve who goes very well round B/vue. 

Edited by B.V 72

2 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Unless I'm mistaken (I do get confused by averages) that team is under the 40 point limit and that's without the GB reductions.  I'm not sure whether BV would want Tom back or vice versa, but Tom starting as a second string would not be an issue for him, as if he goes to any team stronger than Birmingham he's mostly likely to be 4th in the Averages.  I don't think Riders care what position in the team they ride.

Feedback on the averages would be appreciated as I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong 

Edited by SUPERACE

2 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Unless I'm mistaken (I do get confused by averages) that team is under the 40 point limit and that's without the GB reductions.  I'm not sure whether BV would want Tom back or vice versa, but Tom starting as a second string would not be an issue for him, as if he goes to any team stronger than Birmingham he's mostly likely to be 4th in the Averages.  I don't think Riders care what position in the team they ride.  With a GB reduction we could get a stronger reserve than Bailey, Voulas would fit in .

Feedback on the averages would be appreciated as I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong 

Must admit I’m not the best with numbers and there’s the 2.5% Brit reduction and my calc doesn’t do percentages. I’m sure there’s someone better suited than me to work out these averages using the final figures on the BSPL stats page. 

35 minutes ago, ouch said:

Must admit I’m not the best with numbers and there’s the 2.5% Brit reduction and my calc doesn’t do percentages. I’m sure there’s someone better suited than me to work out these averages using the final figures on the BSPL stats page. 

Kurtz - 9.18

Bewley - 8.74 (8.52)

Cook - 6.99

Brennan - 6.76 (6.59)

Total - 31.67 (31.28) 

With poland muscling in on some Thursdays, i feel the prem needs to open itself up to run any day of the week, obviously no team is mad to run on a weekend.

And you'll get the odd clash with a rider missing on a Tuesday/Wednesday but it may encourage a shake up for the leagues

Kings Lynn could drop down, you could end up with Poole/Glasgow coming up depending what night Glasgow want to rrun

Prem would have to have priorty over championship but if fixtures we're fewer to an extent then its workable on the calendar

To shake up the structure i would have a one-off British Final still

But i would introduce an individual series British Commonwealth Championship 

Split riders into two Divisions of 12, run across 6 events

End of the year, bottom 3 riders are relegated to the lowest division, top 3 from the lower are promoted, then have a challenge meeting where the bottom 3 of the lowest division fsce off against 9 new entrants for the final 3 spots

On 8/29/2024 at 9:08 AM, The Third Man said:

Edwards will be the rising star for Sheffield with Anders Rowe at 6, rest OK but could be any two from Jack, Chris & Tai

If total averages remain the same I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us try and fit in all 3 of Jack, Chris and Tai.

Rowe would be an excellent signing but think he'll be a man in demand.

On 8/29/2024 at 12:48 PM, The Third Man said:

No just attracting riders who want to win something, or at least be in with a chance of winning something

Lynn would've had a good team this year if it had been for injury and drop outs ...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Surely with the Polish 2nd tier switching to Thursday there has to be a drastic change in British League structure as there will be a very significant chunk of riders unavailable on Thursdays....

OMGiddy aunt, that's just great for the UK, selfish gits!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, spin king junior said:

If total averages remain the same I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us try and fit in all 3 of Jack, Chris and Tai.

Rowe would be an excellent signing but think he'll be a man in demand.

I don’t think tai is at Sheffield next season 

I’d also be surprised if he was. If Sheffield want to go top heavy again can see Musielak slipping his way back in

Depends on Emil and whether he’ll be returning to Ipswich next year IMO. Musielak has asked twice to join Ipswich, so I think that would be a straightforward deal to do for Ipswich if Emil didn’t return.