British Speedway Forum

2025 Team Predictions

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Where I'm currently at, I don't think I'm that far off tbh.

BV - 1. Kurtz, 2. Blodorn, 3. Lidsey, 4. (5.75 Ellis?), 5. Bewley, 6. Zischke & 7. Mulford

BIR - 1. ?, 2. Z. Cook, 3. Douglas, 4. S. Worrall, 5. ?, 6. Lampart & 7. Edwards

IPS - 1. Doyle, 2. Rew, 3. Brennan, 4. King, 5. Sayfutdinov, 6. D. Thompson & 7. Jenkins

KL - 1. B. Cook, 2. Kvech, 3. Iversen, 4. Klindt, 5. (6.95), 6. Harris & 7. Boughen

LEI - 1. Fricke, 2. Howarth, 3. Lawson, 4. Becker, 5. Masters, 6. (5.01 Sedgmen/Kerr) & 7. Hagon

OX - 1. Musielak, 2. Riss, 3. Janowski, 4. Wright, 5. Tungate, 6. (5.19 Sedgmen/C. Cook) & 7. Killeen

SHE - 1. J. Holder, 2. Rowe, 3. Woffinden, 4. Pickering, 5. C. Holder, 6. Gilkes & 7. Flint

Can't see you being far out, only thing i would say to scupper your sides is Masters is at Oxford and Kvech has 3 UK Options that he is considering.

And i don't know why, but i see Ryan Douglas at Lynn and not Birmingham.

46 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

Can't see you being far out, only thing i would say to scupper your sides is Masters is at Oxford and Kvech has 3 UK Options that he is considering.

I did have Douglas down for KL originally.

Ellis at BV would be an interesting one...

Always think that there is more to come from him..

Might sound daft, but I think he is a fair bit better than his average in the UK suggests..

With his mate alongside him maybe he will flourish and reach the level many thought he could get to four or five years ago...?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, siggysigalos said:

No Dougy rang  Bham about wanting to ride there next year

5 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Does that mean he knows there’s no place for him at Leicester?

Apparently Masters (Oxford) and Douglas (Lynn or Birmingham) are both leaving Leicester, as well the yearly rumour that Lawson is going back to Lynn. 

Could be a very different 1-7 next year for the Lions:

1. Fricke - 9.14

2. Sedgmen - 4.79

3. Tarasenko - 6.77 ???

4. Becker - 6.57

5. Musielak - 8.21 ???

6. Kemp - 3.95

RS. Hagon

Total - 39.43

1 hour ago, longmeadow said:

To be fair Zmarzlik  would be a great signing for birmingham. He has lots of track knowledge at perry barr. Im sure he did at least one meeting there in 2014 lol

I believe he rode in one meeting at Perry Barr on 2014 against Swindon.

The meeting was abandoned after heat 9, and the result did not stand.

Zmarzlik score 3 points, a last place in his opening ride followed by win in his third ride.

I don't believe he made any further appearances for the Brummies as the club pulled out of the league after or not long after that meeting.

2 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Apparently Masters (Oxford) and Douglas (Lynn or Birmingham) are both leaving Leicester, as well the yearly rumour that Lawson is going back to Lynn. 

1. Fricke - 9.14

2. Sedgmen - 4.79

3. Tarasenko - 6.77 ???

4. Becker - 6.57

5. Musielak - 8.21 ???

6. Kemp - 3.95

RS. Hagon

Total - 39.43

That would be a decent side. I've heard all sorts of rumours. I'm convinced Fricke, Becker and now Howarth are coming. Already retained Hagon. I'd want sedgmen back at reserve. We've struggled at reserve all of last season. I'm sure Douglas is off but haven't heard anything to support that other than rumours. Same can be said around Lawson and Masters. I don't want Becker back personally but if he does sign we need a strong 5 to support Fricke at 1..

4 hours ago, StarBoy said:

1. Fricke - 9.14

2. Sedgmen - 4.79

3. Tarasenko - 6.77 ???

4. Becker - 6.57

5. Musielak - 8.21 ???

6. Kemp - 3.95

RS. Hagon

Total - 39.43

Looks like Lions paving the way for strong 1&5 instead of balanced middle order as per last two seasons. 
SD has preferred to build his Lions teams with riders based in UK so maybe a Brit big hitter to partner Max will be the case this year?

25 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Looks like Lions paving the way for strong 1&5 instead of balanced middle order as per last two seasons. 
SD has preferred to build his Lions teams with riders based in UK so maybe a Brit big hitter to partner Max will be the case this year?

Hope you’re right. The more balanced strategy didn’t quite work this season, so a different approach next year? An 8+ rider at No.5 and an experienced No.6 please. If Hagon starts being beaten by his opposite No. at home I can’t see him lasting more than half a dozen matches, even though there appear to be no obvious replacements for that position.