British Speedway Forum

2025 Team Predictions

On 9/24/2024 at 10:52 PM, ShanoXtra said:

Rew will stay at Ipswich as it will be security for him in UK knowing the team and the management and knowing they won’t just drop him if he had a bad start. He is really coming on good and Ipswich gave him that chance.

Rew could move to Belle Vue as it will be security for him in UK knowing the man who brought him over and help him settle in and knowing they won’t just drop him if he had a bad start. He is really coming on good and Ipswich gave him that cash.

Ipswich WON'T be the same 7, 5 may return, but it WON'T be the same 7.

Again all down to this points limit, i agree, but Managers already know what that points limit is, and all are building teams already for next season, i see a quote earlier Birmingham might not run, they are certainly Team Planning for next season as well, so i fully expect them to race.

Ipswich's Septet all depends on Emil's decision, and that's very imminent, but i'd be staggered if it's the same 7.

If i had to stick my neck out, the 5 i expect to remain would be Doyle(c),Emil,Keynan,Ellis and D.Thompson, and if i'm wrong and there are 6 to return then Jordan Jenkins would be the 6th.

I don't disagree with any of you who believe Mr King will return, i just don't think he will, unless he rides at Number 2 ALL Season. 

9 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

Again all down to this points limit, i agree, but Managers already know what that points limit is, and all are building teams already for next season, i see a quote earlier Birmingham might not run, they are certainly Team Planning for next season as well, so i fully expect them to race.

Ipswich's Septet all depends on Emil's decision, and that's very imminent, but i'd be staggered if it's the same 7.

If i had to stick my neck out, the 5 i expect to remain would be Doyle(c),Emil,Keynan,Ellis and D.Thompson, and if i'm wrong and there are 6 to return then Jordan Jenkins would be the 6th.

I don't disagree with any of you who believe Mr King will return, i just don't think he will, unless he rides at Number 2 ALL Season. 

They really don’t.

2 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

That's fair enough, but why are they building Teams not knowing if they fit.

Someone must know something... 

They’re not building teams as in getting signatures on paper bar the odd one or two riders that won’t affect team building regardless of points limit. There are frequent meetings leading up to the annual AGM where everything is discussed and things are loosely agreed prior to the AGM itself. But there are promoters that know (and there’s a few that lurk here I promise you), that nothing is set in stone until the conference. There can be a points limit agreed by the majority, only for a few to change their mind at the AGM and swing it the other way scuppering plans that certain promotions had in place. There isn’t a single promotion that can make concrete plans until the conference has been completed. 

• Like 2

On 9/26/2024 at 10:00 AM, siggysigalos said:

Jenkins will be at Lynn, we get to pick our rising star before Ipswich

7 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Jenkins will be at Lynn, we get to pick our rising star before Ipswich

You don’t know whether that “rule” exists next year yet. IMO it should be scrapped for two reasons. Firstly, the 2024 season has no relevance to the 2025 season. Why should some clubs have an advantage and others be disadvantaged all due to a different season’s performance? Just because Lynn were as always, crap, shouldn’t mean they should get preferential treatment and a “first pick” of a rider (or second after Birmingham). It’s completely farcical. It’s a new season, every team should start equal and not be granted favours for being crap the previous year. 

Secondly, what if Jenkins doesn’t want to join Lynn? Shouldn’t the riders decide where they want to ride? Ok, you will argue he has a choice and could reject Lynn’s offer, but in reality under the current nonsensical rules he really doesn’t have much of a choice at all. As things stand, if you reject an offer from the club picking you, you’re removed from the rising star list and can’t join any other team as their rising star. Jenkins will know the chances of him getting a Premiership ride as a senior reserve are slim, so it’s accept Lynn’s offer or likely miss out. This whole system needs a serious rethink over the winter, or better still, scrap it altogether and let teams build their sides within the points limit. 

I’ve always been of the belief that if a young rider is talented enough, he’ll get his chance through the natural progression through the NDL and Championship. There are some on the rising star list that with all due respect, will go absolutely nowhere in the sport. Scrap it. 

3 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

You don’t know whether that “rule” exists next year yet. IMO it should be scrapped for two reasons. Firstly, the 2024 season has no relevance to the 2025 season. Why should some clubs have an advantage and others be disadvantaged all due to a different season’s performance? Just because Lynn were as always, crap, shouldn’t mean they should get preferential treatment and a “first pick” of a rider (or second after Birmingham). It’s completely farcical. It’s a new season, every team should start equal and not be granted favours for being crap the previous year. 

Secondly, what if Jenkins doesn’t want to join Lynn? Shouldn’t the riders decide where they want to ride? Ok, you will argue he has a choice and could reject Lynn’s offer, but in reality under the current nonsensical rules he really doesn’t have much of a choice at all. As things stand, if you reject an offer from the club picking you, you’re removed from the rising star list and can’t join any other team as their rising star. Jenkins will know the chances of him getting a Premiership ride as a senior reserve are slim, so it’s accept Lynn’s offer or likely miss out. This whole system needs a serious rethink over the winter, or better still, scrap it altogether and let teams build their sides within the points limit. 

I’ve always been of the belief that if a young rider is talented enough, he’ll get his chance through the natural progression through the NDL and Championship. There are some on the rising star list that with all due respect, will go absolutely nowhere in the sport. Scrap it. 

Exactly, if he rejects Rob Lyon (which I don’t think he would), then he’s removed from the rising star scheme and will more than likely miss out on riding in the prem as I doubt anyone would have him as a number 6... so his choice

Just now, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Exactly, if he rejects Rob Lyon (which I don’t think he would), then he’s removed from the rising star scheme and will more than likely miss out on riding in the prem as I doubt anyone would have him as a number 6... so his choice

I know it seems harsh to say that but they’re the rules, he knows what he signed up for, it’s not just been dropped on him out of the blue

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I know it seems harsh to say that but they’re the rules, he knows what he signed up for, it’s not just been dropped on him out of the blue

So you (and arnieg presumably) think it’s right  that clubs get preferential treatment and first pick, due to the previous season’s poor performance? If so why?

You're in essence being rewarded for being useless the previous year by having a free pick at the strongest rising star!! Complete and utter codswallop  

Oh and I’m not sure Jordan Jenkins signed up for any of these nonsensical rules!!

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

So you (and arnieg presumably) think it’s right  that clubs get preferential treatment and first pick, due to the previous season’s poor performance? If so why?

You're in essence being rewarded for being useless the previous year by having a free pick at the strongest rising star!! Complete and utter codswallop  

Oh and I’m not sure Jordan Jenkins signed up for any of these nonsensical rules!!

Well that’s the rules, whether it’s fair or not... They were the rules from the very start, so if Jordan or any other rider didn’t like them then they shouldn’t have signed up to be a rising star! They should have just hoped to be picked as a number 6 

5 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Because it is a mechanisn to help weaker clubs stay in business. It is hardly novel as most American sports have this on steroids (literally in some cases) in the shape of the college draft.

I want as many clubs to continue staging speedway as possible, and continually finishing bottom antithetical to this.