British Speedway Forum

2025 Team Predictions

When the RS scheme was first introduced you just had to have less then 3 years pro league experience or be under 25,, or something like that,, Bacon was about 28 if my memory serves me right,, and there was a bit of a fuss over Josh Bates having 3 years or less experience at that level. 

• Like 2

Anyhow as I’ve said before, I think it’s time to bin it off as it’s not a level playing field. There will be two or three that are clearly far superior to the rest on the list, so some clubs through no fault of their own will be disadvantaged from the get go. At least by letting clubs build their 1-7 of their choosing, if they end up with one of the weaker teams then that’s their own fault. When you look at the whole list from this year, and with all due respect to them, there’s some on there that would be out of their depth in a Championship reserve berth let alone Premiership. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aries said:

This has been discussed already on here last winter. Someone explained the rising star rule and I can’t for the life of me remember who it was, but it was a promoter or manager who said that a rising star who graduated out of the system couldn’t then drop back in it the following year even if his age and average allowed. That was some kind of unwritten rule that they were all aware of. Again though, things may have changed. They’d have already had meetings regarding rules for next year so we’ll have to wait and see. 

If it’s an unwritten rule will have to wait till they don’t write it again to know if it’s changed. 

Edited by ouch

18 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Wrong. 

Then he’s another who doesn’t know his arse from his elbow! Is it any wonder your team always end up scrapping for the dregs every winter when you spend half of it chasing ineligible riders?

“Clubs are automatically permitted to retain their existing Rising Star for the following season should they meet the criteria” Flint meets the criteria therefore he’ll be at Birmingham. 

Jenkins isn’t an option either. Once you’ve graduated out of the rising star scheme you can’t drop back in it despite his average now dropping below the 4.00 mark. 

Every single post of yours is very confrontational...

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2024 at 9:46 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Anyhow as I’ve said before, I think it’s time to bin it off as it’s not a level playing field. There will be two or three that are clearly far superior to the rest on the list, so some clubs through no fault of their own will be disadvantaged from the get go. At least by letting clubs build their 1-7 of their choosing, if they end up with one of the weaker teams then that’s their own fault. When you look at the whole list from this year, and with all due respect to them, there’s some on there that would be out of their depth in a Championship reserve berth let alone Premiership. 

Can't agree with that logic. Just because some "rising stars" will be better than others is no reason not to include them. 

Look at the British U21 final, there is a big gulf between the top & bottom riders, but they don't make it a 6 rider individual, to only include riders who can win or cancel the meeting until there's 16 quality riders (extreme example I know).

There will always be unbalanced teams, look at the NL some 3.00 riders will become 9+ riders, which means some clubs through no fault of their own will be disadvantaged from the get go.

I actually think the RS could be more even next year, replacing Dan T & Rowe by bringing back Bailey & Joe T for example.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 11:07 AM, Phil The Ace said:

Remember no point putting any Polska liga1 riders on your teams as they won’t be available Thursdays now. 

also birmingham will be back which is great news. But next season will be there last (at Perry bar anyway)

Surely this means more clubs moving to Monday nights. 

8 minutes ago, 2ndbend said:

Only 2 changes needed in Witches 1-6. King Out and either Brennan, Pickering or Kvech In. Jenkins Out and Dan Thompson In. Plus a Rising Star if applicable if not keep Jenkins.

Unless he doesn't fit next season due to averages, I think you have zero chance of prising Picko out of Sheffield !!

1 hour ago, DaveWayne said:

Unless he doesn't fit next season due to averages, I think you have zero chance of prising Picko out of Sheffield !!

But as stated previously, Picko has already signed for Leszno so will only be available for a limited number of Thursdays.

1 hour ago, ShanoXtra said:

Same exact team 1-7 for Ipswich if that’s possible with the averages. If Doyle and Emil were in the team all season no one would moan about king and we would have done the double.

I disagree keep 6 of the 7 if possible but King needs to move on & be replaced with someone with some improvement. Unfortunately Danny is only going one way now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I disagree keep 6 of the 7 if possible but King needs to move on & be replaced with someone with some improvement. Unfortunately Danny is only going one way now.

Need to price Brennan out of his verbal agreement with Brum.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Need to price Brennan out of his verbal agreement with Brum.

I think Louis has his eyes more on the man guesting for Doyle on Monday. Hope the Stars Promotion have already convinced him to do another year with us, as he is really loved here and by the words coming from him he loves it here too! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

I think Louis has his eyes more on the man guesting for Doyle on Monday. Hope the Stars Promotion have already convinced him to do another year with us, as he is really loved here and by the words coming from him he loves it here too! 

Could be to late

22 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Can't agree with that logic. Just because some "rising stars" will be better than others is no reason not to include them. 

Look at the British U21 final, there is a big gulf between the top & bottom riders, but they don't make it a 6 rider individual, to only include riders who can win or cancel the meeting until there's 16 quality riders (extreme example I know).

There will always be unbalanced teams, look at the NL some 3.00 riders will become 9+ riders, which means some clubs through no fault of their own will be disadvantaged from the get go.

I actually think the RS could be more even next year, replacing Dan T & Rowe by bringing back Bailey & Joe T for example.

The British under 21 is an individual event, not a team event. So you accept some clubs will gain an advantage, and some clubs will be disadvantaged through no fault of their own but just carry on with it anyway. You shouldn’t be comparing the NDL to the flagship tier in this country, the NDL is called the National Development League for a reason. 

Not for the first time, we’ll agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 9:46 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Anyhow as I’ve said before, I think it’s time to bin it off as it’s not a level playing field. There will be two or three that are clearly far superior to the rest on the list, so some clubs through no fault of their own will be disadvantaged from the get go. 

Yes, this huge disadvantage of having the weakest Rising Stars must explain why Leicester and Belle Vue with the weakest Rising Stars, are scrapping it out at the bottom of the league, and King's Lynn and Birmingham with the two strongest Rising Stars, are fighting out the play-off final.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Yes, this huge disadvantage of having the weakest Rising Stars must explain why Leicester and Belle Vue with the weakest Rising Stars, are scrapping it out at the bottom of the league, and King's Lynn and Birmingham with the two strongest Rising Stars, are fighting out the play-off final.

That’s completely besides the point as you’re probably fully aware. You’re arguing for arguments sake. there is a huge disparity between the riders on the rising star list, that’s a simple fact. There are a select few that are clearly above others. There are seven members of a team, some clubs have done a far better job with their top six than others, that doesn’t mean they’re not disadvantaged at rising star due to having last pick. If a club has one of the strongest rising stars and fail to reach the play offs, all that simply means is they’ve been unlucky with injuries and/or simply made a poor job of building the rest of their side. It’s blatantly obvious to anyone with a bit of common sense why King’s Lynn or Birmingham haven’t made the play offs.

You could have a situation next year where a club with the last pick (and why should they get last pick btw simply because they were successful the previous season?) are forced in to picking a rider they’ll likely have to carry. 0,0,0 against Leon Flint or Jason Edwards who could chip in with 4 or 5 points some meetings. So you’re looking at a swing of 8/10 points you’ve got to overcome through an unfair selection process. 

I’m not a fan and never have been. We have a points limit, let the clubs sign whichever septet they choose within the points limit. 

• Like 1