British Speedway Forum

Danish GP Vojens Saturday 14th September

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Could be a great race track if they just put some more grip into it...

When it rains it often delivers some very good racing..

Racers will go out to find the grip, and those less capable will stay on the slick...

Go back to the old one off World finals…. Vojens would be grippy at the practice then At the final they took the dirt off for a slick track to suit the Danes… check with Joe Screen ..

Looks like Deja vu…. Tatum tonight said…. I don’t know why they have taken the dirt off from this afternoon

2 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Was that race world title no5 for zmarzlik 

I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows, there's thousands in attendance that don't know,  nobody at WBD seems to know,  even Einstein with a super computer wouldn't know... every year we have to go through this fiasco of not knowing who needs to do what with this ridiculous scoring system!

Edited by IainB

18 minutes ago, IainB said:

I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows, there's thousands in attendance that don't know,  nobody at WBD seems to know,  even Einstein with a super computer wouldn't know... every year we have to go through this fiasco of not knowing who needs to do what with this ridiculous scoring system!

Indeed, had Zmarzlik finished 4th on the final & it went to the last round. He may have won the world title in his first race, but we wouldn't know about it till doing the sums after heat 20. Worst scoring system ever!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Indeed, had Zmarzlik finished 4th on the final & it went to the last round. He may have won the world title in his first race, but we wouldn't know about it till doing the sums after heat 20. Worst scoring system ever!

They do it to liven up the sport make it more interesting providing talking points when there is a dull meeting 

At least you can juggle with the scoring and 'guess' if BZ is world champ or not, that makes it more interesting too

Baldrick would explain it better he would say 'it's all part of a ................................

Well done to Rob & Bartek... but

Zmarzlik is undoubtedly a class rider and easily the best of his generation, he could afford to miss Vojens last year and use Cardiff as a test session this year and still win with a round to spare. He was basically gifted the 2020 world title has had his 2 major rivals removed from the series and further still won this year's with the weakest line up for quite some time. I think there's quite a bit in what others have said about the money available in Poland devaluing the SGP series. 

You can only beat what's put in front of you though, so fair play to him. 

Edited by IainB
  • Like 2

Everybody keeps saying bad scoring system in fact every time we have had a scoring system its been a bad one according to most on here....I have news for you, NO scoring system will suit everybody......do I like this scoring system? NO! I preferred where every point counted but some didn't like that how could someone win a GP with less than that the overall. The easiest way would be all points count in the qualifying, semis and Finals but then you would get complaints when the final is won by someone who did not win the GP......I give up!!!

So what system does someone have out there that is gloriously faultless....I'm all ears, 'cos I can't figure one out that would make everyone happy.....

It's very simply done. I think it's been tried before 

3 points for a win 

2 for 2nd place 

1 for 3rd place 

In every race 

Quite simple I think then everyone would know where they were 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, andout said:

Everybody keeps saying bad scoring system in fact every time we have had a scoring system its been a bad one according to most on here....I have news for you, NO scoring system will suit everybody......do I like this scoring system? NO! I preferred where every point counted but some didn't like that how could someone win a GP with less than that the overall. The easiest way would be all points count in the qualifying, semis and Finals but then you would get complaints when the final is won by someone who did not win the GP......I give up!!!

So what system does someone have out there that is gloriously faultless....I'm all ears, 'cos I can't figure one out that would make everyone happy.....

The scoring system needs to be fan/viewer friendly first and foremost. You shouldn't have to need to have a laptop in front of you to know what the hell is going on. 

Edited by IainB

1 minute ago, Mr. Clemens said:

It's very simply done. I think it's been tried before 

3 points for a win 

2 for 2nd place 

1 for 3rd place 

In every race 

Quite simple I think then everyone would know where they were 

Bartek would still win...

But...

The minor placings might be a bit more varied....

It's the lack of competion that is the issue...

If, indeed, it is an issue...?

Many a sports series has a dominant force yet is still successful...

As I have said, when you earn plenty more for riding in Poland than you can ever earn in the GP's, then you will always consider "risk and reward"..

And, quite rightly in such a dangerous occupation, take the money in Poland before taking too many risks in the GP's .

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Bartek would still win...

But...

The minor placings might be a bit more varied....

It's the lack of competion that is the issue...

If, indeed, it is an issue...?

Many a sports series has a dominant force yet is still successful...

As I have said, when you earn plenty more for riding in Poland than you can ever earn in the GP's, then you will always consider "risk and reward"..

And, quite rightly in such a dangerous occupation, take the money in Poland before taking too many risks in the GP's .

You are right when you say Bartek would still win 

But, truthfully, right from the beginning of the GP's with the different scoring systems. I just thought why don't they just score in the time honoured fashion. We proceed on the assumption that they best will win, whichever way you perm it.

31 minutes ago, IainB said:

The scoring system needs to be fan/viewer friendly first and foremost. You shouldn't have to need to have a laptop in front of you to know what the hell is going on. 

F1 has been doing this for a million years (well maybe not a million), a little bit different maybe as Speedway goes to sixteen places but I don't hear any complaints from F1 fans 'cos that's the way it is. This wasn't that difficult, true Kelvin and Chris had no bloody idea but that is lack of preparation on their part.....the difference was 17 points, BZ needed to make it a 21 difference. Doesn't really take a brain surgeon just someone feeding the two commentators of what is happening. OR preparation. Um-Er....I don't know!!

55 minutes ago, IainB said:

Well done to Rob & Bartek... but

Zmarzlik is undoubtedly a class rider and easily the best of his generation, he could afford to miss Vojens last year and use Cardiff as a test session this year and still win with a round to spare. He was basically gifted the 2020 world title has had his 2 major rivals removed from the series and further still won this year's with the weakest line up for quite some time. I think there's quite a bit in what others have said about the money available in Poland devaluing the SGP series. 

You can only beat what's put in front of you though, so fair play to him. 

He was not “gifted” any of his World Titles.Sour Grapes for some reason.IMO. You seem to think the others are not really bothered.Like he says he just likes racing his bike.

He doesn’t set the rules or who competes or the venues, he just beats who turns up.

Seems to be a genuine nice guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1