British Speedway Forum

Danish GP Vojens Saturday 14th September

8 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

They are checked and it’s very hard to get away with anything at that level, a few years ago there were suspicions about madsen and his ability to gain massive straight line speed after a couple of laps, he has form remember the silencers,on a long van journey I had a chat with a member of the FIM about ideas of how it could happen,it wasn’t his engine,if it was anything it was something else on his bike, fuel was ruled out as it was provided at the meeting,we discussed things like an exhaust brake of some kind causing the bike to drive on slick straights or a Bluetooth device of somekind connected to his ignition, maybe voice activated in his helmet? we discussed things like can you freeze nitro into a little cube put in the tank which melted in the fuel giving extra power after 2 laps,thing about nitro is your eyes know it if your close to the bike using it, nothing was ever found but his GP form has deteriorated ever since 

I don't think Madsen was even in the GP's when those suspicions were doing the rounds was he? He was clearing up in the Ekstraliga and then finally got into the GP's, he's always been top 7 until this year and he's still 9th at the moment with his "personal" problems

7 minutes ago, IainB said:

I don't think Madsen was even in the GP's when those suspicions were doing the rounds was he? He was clearing up in the Ekstraliga and then finally got into the GP's, he's always been top 7 until this year and he's still 9th at the moment with his "personal" problems

The silencer ones no he wasn’t but the other suspicions were when he was world no2 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, stevehone said:

what about spraying the air filter?

I believe filters are swiped for traces of additives , I know this happened a couple of years ago in British domestic racing because of suspicions of certain riders 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

44 minutes ago, longmeadow said:

Madsen has problems because his ex wife kidnapped his children from his home  in denmark and took them back to her native poland. The matter is still being dealt with by danish police

These bike cheating suspicions were years before his woman cheating one’s 

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Can remember when Smolinski upset everyone whe he won the GP in New Zealand.Think he can an extra lever that could alter Ignition timing after the start during the race.That was banned.These fancy  electronic boxes they have  now are probably do something similar.

Switches were banned for variable ignition at that point but what smolinski did was put a wire connector in that when pulled apart changed the ignition setting so didn’t actually break the rule according to the wording of a switch. when I was mechanic for skornicki in his last year he was using a German engine made by someone from BMW, it had an ignition system that you changed with a type of usb under the seat, each plug had a different setting and was easy to change but obviously you couldn’t change it during a race as the bike had to be stopped 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

On the topic of these karger ignition box, you can alter the strength of the spark as well as the timing but are they any good ? Well zmarzlik doesn’t use them and you know he has tried them 

Don’t know anything about them to be honest.Does it mean you don’t have to remove engine cover to alter ignition timing.Done with a lap top.Not Sure.

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t know anything about them to be honest.Does it mean you don’t have to remove engine cover to alter ignition timing.Done with a lap top.Not Sure.

If you look at the ashtec engines that Tom Brennan and others ride they don’t have an ignition cover 

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

If you look at the ashtec engines that Tom Brennan and others ride they don’t have an ignition cover 

Interesting,I really am interested in the technical working of the bikes but you don’t get much in depth in SS Magazine perhaps in the winter the should get one of the tuners on modern parts etc (without given away secrets ).It does seem a fine line these days between getting right.(Don’t know how much bullsH#t is talked though)

25 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Interesting,I really am interested in the technical working of the bikes but you don’t get much in depth in SS Magazine perhaps in the winter the should get one of the tuners on modern parts etc (without given away secrets ).It does seem a fine line these days between getting right.(Don’t know how much bullsH#t is talked though)

With the exception of hydraulic valves in some engines there is nothing in a modern GM that wasn’t in a 1930 jap,but the quality of the parts are vastly improved, all the speed/tuning is in the head of the engine, lots of bullsH#t but no more than other sports 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

With the exception of hydraulic valves in some engines there is nothing in a modern GM that wasn’t in a 1930 jap,but the quality of the parts are vastly improved, all the speed/tuning is in the head of the engine 

The ancillary parts like  Ignition,Carbs and Clutch’s probably are very much improved and make a difference.

ps 

Does adjusting the chain after a practice start really make a difference or just a habit now.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

The ancillary parts like  Ignition,Carbs and Clutch’s probably are very much improved and make a difference.

ps 

Does adjusting the chain after a practice start really make a difference or just a habit now.

I believe it’s habit unless either an engine or a frame has been changed but after one race that should be settled in place anyway but there have been some strange practices over the years like running with not tight engine/frame bolts so getting the bike to flex more or variable headstocks to make the wheels out of line to make the bike drive, most riders have their little odd things they do 

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I believe it’s habit unless either an engine or a frame has been changed but after one race that should be settled in place anyway but there have been some strange practices over the years like running with not tight engine/frame bolts so getting the bike to flex more or variable headstocks to make the wheels out of line to make the bike drive, most riders have their little odd things they do 

Ricky Ashworth was the 1st I seen with the variable headstock frame when he rode for Berwick,think one of his Sponsors made them.(could be wrong regarding sponsor).