British Speedway Forum

Danish GP Vojens Saturday 14th September

I think laguta racing fan might need a reality check.  Should not be mentioned in the same breathe as gollob. He won 1 title Zmarlik has won five yes five in six years. I dont care who he rides against thats not his problem. Nobody has ever won five world titles in six years and only ivan mauger has won three on the bounce. If the rest cant keep up is that bz problem no

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s generally always poor at Vojens the track is a gaters paradise and generally slick.

I have rarely seen a decent meeting there over the years.

It wasn't the slick track that got me. Everyone complains about temporary tracks cutting up, but I've never seen a permanent track do it like yesterday, and so early in the meeting.

3 minutes ago, longmeadow said:

Nobody has ever won five world titles in six years and only ivan mauger has won three on the bounce. If the rest cant keep up is that bz problem no

Rickardsson came close, with four in five years, and the ref effectively robbed him in 2000...

2 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

0did i here once peter Collins did 150 in a season, including long track and grass track?

Back in the day, it was easier to rack up the meetings, with league and cups, a couple of test series, and a ton of open meetings.

• Like 1

Zmarzlik is the greatest rider this sport has had for the last 5 years and without injury will go on to be the greatest ever, it has never been so open to win a GP as it is today as proven by the different winners this year, with zmarzlik the tittle would be wide open but he has stepped up and his level of consistency is way above anyone else and he does it in an age where GP bike scrutiny is so strict and you can’t say that about the mauger/olsen days 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Zmarzlik is the greatest rider this sport has had for the last 5 years and without injury will go on to be the greatest ever, it has never been so open to win a GP as it is today as proven by the different winners this year, with zmarzlik the tittle would be wide open but he has stepped up and his level of consistency is way above anyone else and he does it in an age where GP bike scrutiny is so strict and you can’t say that about the mauger/olsen days 

No negative stuff on any part here for any rider whatsoever but you brought up something which has baffled me at times...you talk about GP Bike scrutiny, so my question is, is the engine size ever checked? I think not, and the only way for it to be checked is for another rider or official to pay an exorbitant fee to have the engine seized and taken for checking. No rider would EVER accuse a fellow rider of manipulating his engine of course, failure would be devastating for his career I would think.....Let me know if I am wrong here please, but I don't think engine size is ever checked?

Vojens has never been the best track for racing but it usually better then last night. I was there and the track ‘grading’  was extensive, they seemed to be concerned about it breaking up and were constantly tyre packing it every 4 heats which meant no dirt line developing. 
Don’t know why they were having track issues as it’s an established track but having practise 4 hours before hand can’t help.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

and i like saying his name.😁 so i wont forget it.

I will never forget Torban Hanson as possibly the worst rider ever to don a wolves race jacket (and that includes me lol) but the rest of the speedway world wouldn’t have a clue who he was 

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

That's a terrible idea. It reduces winning the GP to the status of winning the second half. I actually think the current scoring is fine. It's only hard to work out because poor old Kelvin isn't very good at maths so just confuses everyone - including himself.

The winner of the GP should be the top scorer.

It doesn’t change the winning of the GP at all from how it is now!!!

I agree that the winner should be the top scorer, hence my wording “if the semi-finals and final have to stay”

16 minutes ago, midlandred said:

It doesn’t change the winning of the GP at all from how it is now!!!

I agree that the winner should be the top scorer, hence my wording “if the semi-finals and final have to stay”

It does change it. At the moment, the winner of the final is the top scorer in the GP. That's how it should be. Winning the GP should also be about how many World Championship points you get.

Even under the old system, it was, although the top scorer wasn't necessarily the GP winner - so this makes more sense.

Having no points for winning the final makes no sense at all.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, andout said:

No negative stuff on any part here for any rider whatsoever but you brought up something which has baffled me at times...you talk about GP Bike scrutiny, so my question is, is the engine size ever checked? I think not, and the only way for it to be checked is for another rider or official to pay an exorbitant fee to have the engine seized and taken for checking. No rider would EVER accuse a fellow rider of manipulating his engine of course, failure would be devastating for his career I would think.....Let me know if I am wrong here please, but I don't think engine size is ever checked?

I do think bikes are checked.

7 hours ago, longmeadow said:

I think laguta racing fan might need a reality check.  Should not be mentioned in the same breathe as gollob. He won 1 title Zmarlik has won five yes five in six years. I dont care who he rides against thats not his problem. Nobody has ever won five world titles in six years and only ivan mauger has won three on the bounce. If the rest cant keep up is that bz problem no

The last time Zmarzlik rode against a genuine world class rider in the GPs, this is what happened.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I do think bikes are checked.

They are checked and it’s very hard to get away with anything at that level, a few years ago there were suspicions about madsen and his ability to gain massive straight line speed after a couple of laps, he has form remember the silencers,on a long van journey I had a chat with a member of the FIM about ideas of how it could happen,it wasn’t his engine,if it was anything it was something else on his bike, fuel was ruled out as it was provided at the meeting,we discussed things like an exhaust brake of some kind causing the bike to drive on slick straights or a Bluetooth device of somekind connected to his ignition, maybe voice activated in his helmet? we discussed things like can you freeze nitro into a little cube put in the tank which melted in the fuel giving extra power after 2 laps,thing about nitro is your eyes know it if your close to the bike using it, nothing was ever found but his GP form has deteriorated ever since