British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, CrazyMadTom said:

Where has this been said, so the other 12 will not have a chance of being in the SGP 2025?

Its not been said at all- it doesn’t need to be ! - Just think about it. 4 this season instead of 3 qualify. So that’s 6 + 4 + SEC winner = 11. Can you see Doyle not getting a pick ? 
that’s 12 leaving just 3. So do you really think challenge non qualifiers will be anywhere near a pick ahead of current GP riders ? I don’t !

• Like 2

15 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Its not been said at all- it doesn’t need to be ! - Just think about it. 4 this season instead of 3 qualify. So that’s 6 + 4 + SEC winner = 11. Can you see Doyle not getting a pick ? 
that’s 12 leaving just 3. So do you really think challenge non qualifiers will be anywhere near a pick ahead of current GP riders ? I don’t !

Michelson and Woffinden will be back in after injuries as well so by that logic there will only be one other from the current line up, who doesn't qualify from the challenge. 

Although I think Lebedevs will be in regardless, as Riga looks set to stay on the calendar.

27 minutes ago, DJC said:

Michelson and Woffinden will be back in after injuries as well so by that logic there will only be one other from the current line up, who doesn't qualify from the challenge. 

Although I think Lebedevs will be in regardless, as Riga looks set to stay on the calendar.

There is only one reason Woffy will be back in.Monster.

• Like 2

Mikkel Michelsen should get a WC. If either of Bewley/Holder will need one they will surely get one.
Woffinden have been mediocre all season and wouldn't have been top 6 even without the injury.
Doyle can be top material, but have history of needing wild cards because of injury so I'd say no to him.

On 8/27/2024 at 10:50 PM, racers and royals said:

Not sure how you can say that Kubera and Bewley may have already qualified as they are out of the top 6 and therefore have it all to do.

to answer your question if anyone pulls out of the line up the next in line from the 4 qualifiers were

Lidsey

Vaculik

Brennan

Jakobsen

The FIM could decide that a rider is promoted from the same round that the rider who drops out qualified from.

I assume Bewley's done enough and shown enough he would be given a wildcard if he does miss out on the top 6?  

On 9/10/2024 at 12:25 PM, Noodles said:

I don't think Tai will get a wildcard for SGP, more likely a wildcard for SEC

It would be outrageous if he did.  He didn't do enough last season and never looked threatening and got lucky in getting a wild card for this season. His form in the GPs before injury was not good. He may be a former world champion, but he's looked anything but that for some time now. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

I assume Bewley's done enough and shown enough he would be given a wildcard if he does miss out on the top 6?  

Looking at the GP standings - Michelsen will slip out of top 6 leaving top 6 of

Zmarzlik, Lindgren, Lambert , Vaculik. Bewley  and Holder.

Michelsen and Doyle will get WC 

4 from Challenge, SEC winner 

so out of 15 that leaves 2 which will be Kubera and  Madsen( unless they qualify from Challenge and SEC respectively)

That does mean that Lambert, Bewley and Holder will put out of Challenge leaving Jakobsen, Lidsey and Brennan to take their places.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

On 9/10/2024 at 10:23 AM, Fromafar said:

There is only one reason Woffy will be back in.Monster.

I think DJ Woffy already knows he's not in it, he's mentioned SEC a couple of times recently and they're letters that would have never passed his lips before (along with a f t e r p a r t & y)

Genuine questions,

I'm going to this and wondered if the stadium is cashless? Doing the 3 meetings in Pardubice and the Lubos Tomicek Memorial at the Marketa.

How much cash should I need? as I am planning on using plastic as much as possible

Thanks