British Speedway Forum

On 9/10/2024 at 11:22 AM, Ghostwalker said:

Mikkel Michelsen should get a WC. If either of Bewley/Holder will need one they will surely get one.
Woffinden have been mediocre all season and wouldn't have been top 6 even without the injury.
Doyle can be top material, but have history of needing wild cards because of injury so I'd say no to him.

Doyle was looking the main rival to Bartek before his injury, I think your just hoping he doesn't but he should 

On 9/14/2024 at 7:36 PM, full-throttle said:

Genuine questions,

I'm going to this and wondered if the stadium is cashless? Doing the 3 meetings in Pardubice and the Lubos Tomicek Memorial at the Marketa.

How much cash should I need? as I am planning on using plastic as much as possible

Thanks

take some cash, the food outlets around the stadium (Pardubice) are hit and miss regarding cards

On 9/14/2024 at 7:36 PM, full-throttle said:

Genuine questions,

I'm going to this and wondered if the stadium is cashless? Doing the 3 meetings in Pardubice and the Lubos Tomicek Memorial at the Marketa.

How much cash should I need? as I am planning on using plastic as much as possible

Thanks

Definitely take cash, to both Pardubice and Prague, otherwise you will go hungry and thirsty.

Having been to several Golden Helmet weekends plus the Tomicek meeting, vendors that offer card payments are pretty much non existent, whereas of course all vendors take cash. 

In Pardubice, teenage boys and girls bring beers and other drinks to your seats, which must be paid for in cash. 

Whilst debit and credit cards are widely accepted in bricks and mortar shops in the Czech Republic, they are a rarity at speedway tracks in the Czech Republic. 

If you haven’t already, watch “Prague Honest Guide” on YouTube, a new episode every Sunday for about 10 years. 

“Real Prague Guides” on YouTube is also worth a watch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spidvej said:

Definitely take cash, to both Pardubice and Prague, otherwise you will go hungry and thirsty.

Having been to several Golden Helmet weekends plus the Tomicek meeting, vendors that offer card payments are pretty much non existent, whereas of course all vendors take cash. 

In Pardubice, teenage boys and girls bring beers and other drinks to your seats, which must be paid for in cash. 

Whilst debit and credit cards are widely accepted in bricks and mortar shops in the Czech Republic, they are a rarity at speedway tracks in the Czech Republic. 

If you haven’t already, watch “Prague Honest Guide” on YouTube, a new episode every Sunday for about 10 years. 

“Real Prague Guides” on YouTube is also worth a watch.

And keep your cash safe- Prague is the pick pocket capital of Europe. Despite that one of my favourite cities in Europe.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

they should let them ride , but search them before the meeting for hang grenades and AK 47s.if non found i think people should be safe.

Get Belle Vue security on the job! They'll root out any bombs... cherry bombs or cola cubes

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

It would certainly be a disgrace.  Russians should be nowhere near international sport

You seem to have missed my point. My argument wasn't whether Russians should be allowed in the sport or not... it was if they are allowed, they shouldn't have to go through the qualifiers to get back into the SGP.

Tatum just saying Doyle might ride in the Golden Helmet next week, to me that means he knows he has a wildcard for the GP as surely he'd ride in the challenge

17 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Tatum just saying Doyle might ride in the Golden Helmet next week, to me that means he knows he has a wildcard for the GP as surely he'd ride in the challenge

Doyle hasn't qualified for the challenge ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2