British Speedway Forum

Workington v Poole 31/08/24 3pm BSN semi final 2nd leg

On 8/29/2024 at 6:31 PM, Skidder1 said:

Ben Trigger guests for Poole at 7.

Edwards and Etheridge for Comets

I was 50/50 on attending this meeting.

These guests have just made my mind up for me, especially Etheridge.

Shocking choice of guest 

15 minutes ago, Midget said:

Shocking choice of guest 

You'll be a miss.

Not for me, but maybe someone will. 

UTC!

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Shocking choice of guest 

Should support the comets win lose or draw, if more people are like you, and it's a poor crowd, for a top class opposition,  what do the promotion think, if the crowd is down, especially when they will have an eye on 2025 season.  UTC

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Should support the comets win lose or draw, if more people are like you, and it's a poor crowd, for a top class opposition,  what do the promotion think, if the crowd is down, especially when they will have an eye on 2025 season.  UTC

Well said! 👍

11 hours ago, Midget said:

Shocking choice of guest 

Jason scored 10 for the Bears at Glasgow last night. Fair enough Jye hasn't had the best of seasons and it's probably time he found a new team/track. He could well be trying to put himself in the shop window. For me guests are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get, don't forget Claus's Northside average isn't great he has done much better away. On a lovely day get down and support the club.I know there were people with the same attitude after the KO Cup thumping at Edinburgh in 2018 and they missed one of the greatest turnarounds you could ever wish too see. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Jason scored 10 for the Bears at Glasgow last night. Fair enough Jye hasn't had the best of seasons and it's probably time he found a new team/track. He could well be trying to put himself in the shop window. For me guests are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get, don't forget Claus's Northside average isn't great he has done much better away. On a lovely day get down and support the club.I know there were people with the same attitude after the KO Cup thumping at Edinburgh in 2018 and they missed one of the greatest turnarounds you could ever wish too see. 

And like, who might you be referring to ?? !!!! 😒

• Haha 1

Qualifying for the BSN Final should be a formality for us Pirates ☠️ but never take things for granted, like buying a ticket for Oasis you don't know if they gonna turn up!

But we Pirates ☠️ will be turning up and will be ready to do a smash and grab!

Pirates ☠️ to win 50-40 👍

C'mon the Boyzzzz ☠️ 

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Hopefully sussing him out for next season.

He was alot better today,fantastic meeting today every race had something just a point short couple of if,s and buts but it takes 2 teams to make a good un well done poole and the fantastic comets.if u stayed away u missed a cracker.

• Like 4

Well done to Poole on the aggregate win. The engine room of that team is fantastic. What a meeting of speedway today. Heat 15 probably the best I’ve seen all season. If you stayed away because of the deficit, then I’m glad you missed a cracker and hope you have learnt your lesson 😌

• Like 7

Yes it was a fantastic advert for the sport with the Comets never giving up the fight even when the aggregate win was out of their grasp. Fair play.

Yes I could bleat on about Lawson's & Ben Cook's costly engine failures but that's the sport, man and machine and these things happen. On the flip side Ben Trigger & Tobias got a 5-1 in heat 2 to counter those lost points.

Was good to catch up with @Neila  👍

No better way to spend a Saturday afternoon, stuff that soccer game or wotever it's called! 😉

Look forward to hopefully doing battle again in the play offs.

C'mon the Boyzzzz ☠️ 

• Like 1