British Speedway Forum

The most dangerous riders

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

You must remember Jack Millen and Frank Aufrett.Thing they had a slight disagree whenever they met if I remember correctly.

Yes, I remember them well.

There were some juicy battles between those two. I had a lot of time for Jack. Not so much Frank though, I'm trying to be charitable here. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2024 at 4:51 PM, 4thbender said:

Garry Middleton once pulled a shotgun out of his toolbox and threatened to blow someone's head off in the Wimbledon pits.

Was that at Cradley with Roy Trigg?

On 9/16/2024 at 1:49 PM, KevtheRev said:

I remember Martin Dugard  forcefully fencing Rob Ledwith after the race finished at Eastbourne because he had the audacity to beat him

Yeah I remember that, Robert was riding a Josh Larsen bike and was flying on it, Dugard took exception to being best by him and deliberately put him into the first been fence after the race, but nothing knew there, this is a rider who would punch his own team mate.

On 9/5/2024 at 5:53 PM, bloom89 said:

Sean Wilson could be hard/dangerous at times, remember once at brough must’ve been 99 when Robert Ericsson was out number 1 Wilson wiped him out in heat 1 made no attempt to slide into the bend just tboned Robert and if I remember correctly sure Wilson got excluded from the rest of the meeting. No idea if there was previous bad blood between the pair sure someone might know….

Wilson effectively ended the career of Gary Corbett because of his temper, Lakeside fans will never forgive him.

4 hours ago, marko said:

Wilson effectively ended the career of Gary Corbett because of his temper, Lakeside fans will never forgive him.

I remember Wilson trying to shove Frankie Smart in the fence at Newport one year, missed and done himself in instead. Think he missed the PLRC the next day and a bit of the year after. Always preferred Stonehewer to Wilson, better rider as well.  

2 hours ago, Wardey said:

Pretty sure it was Ben Wilson who had a spat with Kenni Larsen after a race, revved his bike, hopped off it and fired his bike into Kenni.

Nope Ben Powell I think wasn’t it? He was from New Zealand so something Ben Wilson used to ride for Sheffield, Redcar etc definitely wasn’t him.

7 hours ago, marko said:

What did he do? I don’t really recognize Gary Corbett name so maybe before my time.