British Speedway Forum

The most dangerous riders

16 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

That's not a very nice way to talk about a long standing and valued member of the forum.

Fed up with negativity. Post an opinion or browse elsewhere. I’ve not registered on here to be slagged off.End of

12 hours ago, FAST GATER said:

A bit harsh !

Imo Bart may push the boundaries on some occassions NP just bulldozed everything in his way regardless of the consequences and the cost to other riders .

I think the comparison isn't far off the mark. The very difference is rider's like Crump, Gollob, Rickardsson, Hamill, Sullivan etc would relish the challenge. 

Today, there's nobody out there up for the fight with Zmarzlik. Most just move out his way.

Speedway is still dangerous of course but the SGP series has definitely gone soft vs 10+ years ago

• Like 2

It’s a fair enough thread open for discussion but as per usual ends up personal. Usually due to others forced preference. 
I remember the Ben & Ronnie feud well, in person. It did get too personal which escalated the altercation. I attended all of these meetings. Of course I was on Ronnie’s side as a biased Peterborough supporter, fully understand the opposition view.

So here goes my opinion to the thread question, which will open up the floodgates again. Apart from the Boyce punch that seemed to calm Tomasz down I have to say NP is the most dangerous rider I’ve seen. Some of the moves he made were deliberately dangerous. 

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Pedersen would see a gap and go for it irrespective of any consequences of a possible crash as the gap would be regarded as too risky by most riders.

Exactly, out of control not knowing the outcome of the move. That equates to very dangerous. That’s not how it should be done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Sounds like a description of how Adam roynon rides.

We’ve seen riders have career impacting injuries, wrong place, wrong time or dangerous opponent. It can’t be coincidence certain riders often end up on the sidelines virtually every season. 

• Like 4

Kelvin Tatum seems to have invented, amongst others, the phrase “hard charger”.  There used to be “hard riders”, the first one of those I saw was dear old Ron Mountford, though I wouldn’t class him as a “dangerous rider”.

Watching Jack Holder riding “wall of death” style around Owlerton on Monday looked quite dangerous, although mainly to himself.

20 hours ago, Youhave2minutes said:

Fed up with negativity. Post an opinion or browse elsewhere. I’ve not registered on here to be slagged off.End of

I'll browse what i want, without being rude to other forum members. If you think you're being slagged off i'd suggest that you need to grow a pair.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

I'll browse what i want, without being rude to other forum members. If you think you're being slagged off i'd suggest that you need to grow a pair.

Well don’t be critical of what I do. Just keep off the thread.others post on here about what it was set up for you just want to slag the post off.not a nice thing to do to attack a newbie who is trying to enjoy the forum.

Edited by Youhave2minutes
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Youhave2minutes said:

Well don’t be critical of what I do. Just keep off the thread.others post on here about what it was set up for you just want to slag the post off.not a nice thing to do to attack a newbie who is trying to enjoy the forum.

You come across like the secret lovechild of Lagutaracingfan and Gustix or any pairing of their numerous pseudonyms

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, longmeadow said:

Nice post you have 2 minutes. I see you like holidays maybe you could have there is no internet. You are a total moron .And why dont you support a side. Maybe because you know nothing about speedway?

actually I’ve followed the sport since I was 10 years of age.I know enough about the sport and the turbulent times it’s having. You don’t have to follow a specific team to love the sport. I’d like to know how you have come to the conclusion that I’m a moron, very harsh words with no evidence to back it up.people like you should be struck off the forum. Calling names is very immature. Just move on and pester someone else as you are nothing but a troublemaker who is hell bent on causing misery.You are heading the way to be reported to Phil for your comments and sarcasm.

Edited by Youhave2minutes

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or have I literally just read a grown adult suggesting that another grown adult shouldn’t start so many topics, implying that he’s acting like a long-term poster?😂

Anyway, the dirtiest rider I’ve ever seen was my ex-girlfriend… oh, speedway? Andre Compton.

10 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or have I literally just read a grown adult suggesting that another grown adult shouldn’t start so many topics, implying that he’s acting like a long-term poster?😂

Anyway, the dirtiest rider I’ve ever seen was my ex-girlfriend… oh, speedway?

was she that dirty?

Edited by rearingtogo

10 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Anyway, the dirtiest rider I’ve ever seen was my ex-girlfriend… oh, speedway? Andre Compton.

I’m pleased someone’s noticed. 
cannot believe I was knocked as a newbie for my input level on starting topics