British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Birmingham Thursday 29th Aug

TEAMS

IPSWICH: 1. Scott Nicholls (G) 9.36 2. Dan Thompson 5.02 (RS) 3. Danny King 6.98 © 4. Troy Batchelor (G) 5.63 5. R/R for Emil Sayfutdinov 9.04 6. Keynan Rew 4.77 7. Jordan Jenkins 3.66. Team Manager: Ritchie Hawkins

BIRMINGHAM: 1. Fredrik Lindgren © 7.59 2. R/R for Piotr Pawlicki 5.26 3. Antti Vuolas (G) 4.94 4. Zach Cook 5.05 5. Tom Brennan 6.07 6. Michael Palm Toft 4.31 7. Leon Flint (RS). Team Manager: Sam Ermolenko

34 minutes ago, Bash said:

Why what happened?

I am surprised it hasn't been reported in the local press but a work colleague was at Foxhall yesterday for the stock car meeting and He said that a wheel came off a hot rod, cleared the catch fence and landed in the crowd, trying at least two people. HSE will be all over it I should imagine.

1 hour ago, Siggytastic said:

I am surprised it hasn't been reported in the local press but a work colleague was at Foxhall yesterday for the stock car meeting and He said that a wheel came off a hot rod, cleared the catch fence and landed in the crowd, trying at least two people. HSE will be all over it I should imagine.

trying two people ???? 

I thought Ellis would have been back by now - what's the ongoing situation with him, will he be back for the Cup final or playoffs?

On 8/27/2024 at 8:02 PM, Siggytastic said:

That's nothing to do with speedway.

From what I've read, it was a freak accident - a wheel came off a car, and before they could take any action it was struck by another car and flew into the air, and over the catch fencing. A guy was hit on his head, and a woman on the arm - fortunately they escaped without very serious injury, although obviously very shaken.

9 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Brennan for King in 2025 please the skipper went missing yet again!

I think Belle Vue might want him back.

Not sure that King went missing - it's more a case of counting the times he comes good ...

• Like 1