British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn v Belle Vue 28 Aug

50 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Has anyone mentioned that we have won 😀
Edit.Tinys posted  as I was typing.

Fancy KL to get another win tomorrow night as well.

Sheffield will have the same problem as BV tonight (3 Man Team)

39 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He does love Lynn though,as he said again tonight😁.He seems to have a good rapport with the fans too.

Belle Vue were a disappointment tonight,with only Lidsey a stand out for them imo.Bewley was hit a miss a bit expected more from him.Cook solid,the other 3 were poor.I hope Ouch doesn't think this is another dig at Belle Vue riders.

For Lynn,Lawson was awesome as per his normal visits here,Iversen had couple of poor rides but boy did he roll back the years in ht15 that was a cracker with Lidsey.Kemp got more than I expected,Harris didn't although he had an ef while 2nd.Kerr not great imo,Rowe again very good,my rider of the season.Why did he only get 4 rides🤔.Into the main body of the next week.Could be a nice little average for next season.

He was known as 'Awesome Richard Lawson" when he was at Arena, he rides most tracks well to be fair so could take his pick, he'd fit in well at Ipswich too! 🙃

Well done KL, sometimes you think they stopped all the shenanigans etc they could possibly be in the mix one time to get into the play offs, Kings Lynn seasons seem to have periods where they ride well and they get results - which is hard to place into context when calls off and other stuff occurs!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

11 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Straight forward win with Belle Vue pretty much being a 3 man team. Would have been a much tougher challenge if Kurtz had ridden.

Think the referee was the only person in the stadium who thought Bewley pipped Lawson in 13. Robbed of his paid max. 

Good to see Niels continue his recent good form. His race in 15 with Lidsey was just like the rider of old. 

Despite all the troubles the team keeps fighting and there’s been some great meetings at the AFA this season. 

Hopeful that the Stars will be back on track in 2025. I’ve heard rumours both ways, but as a naturally positive person, until I’m told otherwise, I’ll keep dreaming of a Lambert (Robert), Lawson, Basso, Kvech & Iversen or Klindt top 5 next season.

Was definitely yet another good meeting. Heat 15 was excellent. Niels has to be in with a shout of rider of the season. I doubted his inclusion at the start of the season but he's been worth his weight in gold.

Anders deserved another ride as well I thought. 

A top 5 next season of lawson, Basso, kvech, klindt and iversen would be a match for most teams. If Robert was available, not sure which one I'd swap out. Add on Anders on his 25% reduction, plus an RS, we'd be sorted..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Speedball said:

Straight forward win with Belle Vue pretty much being a 3 man team. Would have been a much tougher challenge if Kurtz had ridden.

Think the referee was the only person in the stadium who thought Bewley pipped Lawson in 13. Robbed of his paid max. 

Good to see Niels continue his recent good form. His race in 15 with Lidsey was just like the rider of old. 

Despite all the troubles the team keeps fighting and there’s been some great meetings at the AFA this season. 

Hopeful that the Stars will be back on track in 2025. I’ve heard rumours both ways, but as a naturally positive person, until I’m told otherwise, I’ll keep dreaming of a Lambert (Robert), Lawson, Basso, Kvech & Iversen or Klindt top 5 next season.

We were in the stand behind the tapes,and much as I would have loved to see Richard get a paid max, he got beat fair and square ,and I'm probably one of the stars more partisan supporters 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Speedball said:

I personally think Janowski and Lawson should be our top 2 targets if we go again next year. 

I think RL has said ‘25 is a likely return to UK, but I just have a horrible feeling Belle Vue will get him.

Will be interesting to see what silly season brings as there could be a lot of transfer merry-go-rounds with Sheffield having to get rid of one of J Holder, C Holder and Tai you would imagine. 

39 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

I personally think Janowski and Lawson should be our top 2 targets if we go again next year. 

I think RL has said ‘25 is a likely return to UK, but I just have a horrible feeling Belle Vue will get him.

Will be interesting to see what silly season brings as there could be a lot of transfer merry-go-rounds with Sheffield having to get rid of one of J Holder, C Holder and Tai you would imagine. 

Robert would be a great addition to Lynn on 7.61 or 7.81. Not so good for the Aces as we have the most work to do with having the highest total average and he would probably be reassessed for us 8.50-9.00. Be good to see him return to the UK. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, tellboy said:

Brady and the current rules,yes.Must admit didn't know the rules from decades ago.

Pleased you know the current rules. Can you share them with the rest of us by way of cut & paste? Thanks in advance. 

22 minutes ago, ouch said:

Robert would be a great addition to Lynn on 7.61 or 7.81. Not so good for the Aces as we have the most work to do with having the highest total average and he would probably be reassessed for us 8.50-9.00. Be good to see him return to the UK. 

Haha poor old Belle Vue, always treated differently!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

All the rules are their to download free on the SCB website

Not hard to find are they,there is  lot to get through though.

13 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Has anyone mentioned that we have won 😀
Edit.Tinys posted  as I was typing.

No mate, people too busy complaining about nothing. Well done kings lynn.

18 hours ago, Speedball said:

Don't they use the transponders at KL to determine who beat who?

17 hours ago, ouch said:

I think it’s used to wedge the pit gate shut during races. 

I thought that was where the 2 minute clock had gone..

• Haha 2