British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue V Sheffield - Mon 26th @ noon

9 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

who apologised to cook after  for his antics !!

Not one person noticed. Myself included but cook covered picko in shale first. Picko just retaliated which I think he has a right to do. 

this confirmed by Ben cook himself 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Not one person noticed. Myself included but cook covered picko in shale first. Picko just retaliated which I think he has a right to do. 

doesn't excuse the elbow on voulas at the start of heat 14 also !! which wasn't a tap !!

4 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

maybe because they will be team mates at Leszno next season !!

So looking at the referees scorecard on the SCB website it does look like Mulford was excluded from heat 4 for a "starting offence" and was then subsequently warned in heat 8.

Although the spread sheet is not entirely clear what the starting offence was I assume it was for tape touching, so shouldn't Mulford have also been disqualified from heat 8? Also were the green lights on when he touched the tapes in heat 4? Is being disqualified under 2 minutes a starting offence? It would be more helpful if the spreadsheet had different exclusion codes. 

Blimmin good match though, well worth the trip

Edited by iainb

28 minutes ago, iainb said:

So looking at the referees scorecard on the SCB website it does look like Mulford was excluded from heat 4 for a "starting offence" and was then subsequently warned in heat 8.

Although the spread sheet is not entirely clear what the starting offence was I assume it was for tape touching, so shouldn't Mulford have also been disqualified from heat 8? Also were the green lights on when he touched the tapes in heat 4? Is being disqualified under 2 minutes a starting offence? It would be more helpful if the spreadsheet had different exclusion codes. 

NSS rarely fails 👍

Brilliant track, brilliant presentation and a brilliant meeting, if i was to say anything negative itd be pure nit picking. Really is such a great place and should be the example set for all clubs.

Felt like we did well to keep it as close as what it was, pickering being the real standout who as of late judt seems to have stepped up another level. Should be an interesting meeting at Owlerton tonight 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

The official notations are on page 122 of the SCB Regulations.  "E" is definitely a starting offence. Failure to meet the 2 mins is shown as "N2" - it does not count as a ride.

I believe that a starting offence is the 'ultimate' sanction, so if a rider has already been excluded, any subsequent movement results in a warning, which then carries on from that heat, e.g. a rider could be warned in their first ride, excluded in their second, warned in their third, excluded in their fourth.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AceBelle said:

doesn't excuse the elbow on voulas at the start of heat 14 also !! which wasn't a tap !!

Voulas was well into  Pickos starting bay so deserved the elbow

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The official notations are on page 122 of the SCB Regulations.  "E" is definitely a starting offence. Failure to meet the 2 mins is shown as "N2" - it does not count as a ride.

I believe that a starting offence is the 'ultimate' sanction, so if a rider has already been excluded, any subsequent movement results in a warning, which then carries on from that heat, e.g. a rider could be warned in their first ride, excluded in their second, warned in their third, excluded in their fourth.

So if they touch the tapes, they don't get a warning? It's only if they move? Still don't know whether the green lights were on when he touched them, maybe the announcer just got it wrong or I misheard

26 minutes ago, Dornier said:

Kurtz not riding tonight out injured

I missed the explanation (?). Anyone know what's happened since lunchtime?