British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue V Sheffield - Mon 26th @ noon

2 hours ago, ouch said:

Whilst this forum is well known for the wrong un’s (some officially) or what I use to call scumbags it’s utterly amazing the depths these people will stoop to on a public forum for some peculiar thrill. They go on about riders missing meetings on a whim but when one gives it a go he then continues to get laid into. The lad was in hospital for Christ sake - what the hell is wrong with you. I know he’s an Ace and you love to troll The Aces but this is an unwell human being FFS. 

Why are Belle Vue and Lemon the only ones being held to account for the publicity surrounding a Sheffield fixture. They run the show and have final say. I’d not be surprised to see The Aces blamed for their pee poor track. Just back off with the tedious trolling of The Aces and try using your brain and attack the correct target. We made sure the information got out there unofficially. 

The irony of complaining about the 'tedious trolling' of the Aces, but in the same post having yet another dig at the Sheffield track despite it being completely irrelevant to the rest of your post !!

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, ouch said:

They didn’t “go into any great detail” in todays meeting report on the website saying “Brady Kurtz was forced to withdraw still suffering the effects of a crash in Poland a week ago”.

As for information prior to the evening meeting. 

When money speaks, the truth keeps silent.

Are you trying to imply that Sheffield knew but chose not to publicise the fact ? 

10 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

The irony of complaining about the 'tedious trolling' of the Aces, but in the same post having yet another dig at the Sheffield track despite it being completely irrelevant to the rest of your post !!

Bizarre isn’t it. You can only beat what’s in front of you and until heat 9 there was very little fight in the BV team. The result was already cemented long before then and not very exciting for a neutral I'm sure 

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Depends what you define a legitimate injury tho? Pulling out with the old cracked ribs line or too sore can often be disputed when they ride for their Polish team days later.

riders who have clearly taken the mick like Pawlicki and Musielak and others need strong actions however it’s that fine line between genuinely injured for one club but not another. Tricky one. 

I wasn’t really referring to RR more specifically being absent through injury then riding elsewhere in the same week.

Those planned meetings I accept when there is a country clash. Those only tho.

It just all smells a bit funny.  I’m sure he will be racing in a Poland tho!

Brady gave it a go and still gets called, you wonder why riders don't bother when all some do is moan, you think he went to hospital for day trip out lol. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

That's not the same as not deceiving any of their paying customers

Ok

I went to McDonald’s the other day and I was annoyed at Burger King because they didn’t tell me that McDonald’s chocolate shake maker wasn’t working.

Edited by ouch

2 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Broken/cracked ribs are notoriously painful injuries granted, he’s not riding Tuesday or Wednesday for either his clubs fair enough but I doubt he’ll miss the play off meeting in Poland at the weekend. Not childish at all he took time out earlier in the season when he was injured.. do so again instead of riding half fit and then missing meetings. If he had such breathing difficulties during the bv match surely track dr or paramedic should’ve medically withdrawn him from the meeting? 

He didn't ride heat 15. Your talking nonsense now, he gave it a go he should be applauded, your now arguing a point past it's plausibility, rather than accept you may have got it wrong. 

23 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

Are you trying to imply that Sheffield knew but chose not to publicise the fact ? 

They will have known obviously. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

He didn't ride heat 15. Your talking nonsense now, he gave it a go he should be applauded, your now arguing a point past it's plausibility, rather than accept you may have got it wrong. 

I’m talking nonsense yet you bang on about heat 15 which I made no mention of, why didn’t he just do 3 rides then withdraw from the meeting then? Let’s applaud him for missing meetings (well except his polish ones) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

I’m talking nonsense yet you bang on about heat 15 which I made no mention of, why didn’t he just do 3 rides then withdraw from the meeting then? Let’s applaud him for missing meetings (well except his polish ones) 

Anybody who thinks Brady would choose to miss a meeting 30 miles away where four rides and eight points would bag him £3k+ for (as the forum insists) four minutes work is soft in the head. That’s nearly four full weeks wages for most of us. 

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

And swedish play/offs tonight :t:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ouch said:

Anybody who thinks Brady would choose to miss a meeting 30 miles away where four rides and eight points would bag him £3k+ for (as the forum insists) four minutes work is soft in the head. That’s nearly two full weeks wages for most of us. 

You on £1.5k a week :)

54 minutes ago, ouch said:

Anybody who thinks Brady would choose to miss a meeting 30 miles away where four rides and eight points would bag him £3k+ for (as the forum insists) four minutes work is soft in the head. That’s nearly two full weeks wages for most of us. 

"Nearly two full weeks wages for most of us." ?!  If you're on £6k a month, that's £72k a year - which is about twice the median annual salary, and would put you in the top 10% of earners ...

11 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

"Nearly two full weeks wages for most of us." ?!  If you're on £6k a month, that's £72k a year - which is about twice the median annual salary, and would put you in the top 10% of earners ...

I’ve edited my post and if anything it emphasises the point I’m making. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, ouch said:

This is true of any UK league rider that participates in foreign leagues. Quite why an Ace is being trolled in this manner is beyond me. It was the same earlier in the season, if Brady does this or if Brady does that then he’ll be banned. He did nothing to be banned for and wasn’t banned but the troll bile keeps flowing. Unbelievable!

Not sure why you keep going on about trolling? You told me I was trolling the other week when you couldn't be arsed to search out the details of Mr Kurtz's previous misdemeanours and then I provided them to you. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't have a problem with Kurtz being injured, I do have a problem with inconsistent application of the rules and non- information from clubs in what had supposed to be a professional sport. If Speedway had any kind of serious press interest it'd be sunk on day 1, probably best to stay in the doldrums until the promoters can get their houses in order. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2024 at 6:54 PM, iainb said:

So if they touch the tapes, they don't get a warning? It's only if they move? Still don't know whether the green lights were on when he touched them, maybe the announcer just got it wrong or I misheard

Not at all clear is it!  Maybe he was excluded for delaying the start ... 

Kurtz just posted on Facebook two cracked ribs chest area breathing difficulties taking a week off hopes to ride for rybnik at the weekend?

Edited by AceBelle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

We'll probably never know and nobody really seems to care anyway lol

It's only rules...

Edited by iainb

Injury Statement - After a crash in Krosno last weekend I’ve been having a lot of problems with my chest and breathing during matches. It increasingly got worse, come Monday at Belle Vue I was unable to race at the level I or my team would expect. Monday afternoon I went for x-rays and have 2 cracked ribs at the top of my chest. I’ve taken this week off to recover as much as I can and give myself a chance to perform at my best in the play offs for Rybnik this weekend along with Belle Vue and Dackarna in the following weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The way I saw it by the tapes was Jake committed a starting offence when his bike with a faulty clutch pulled him into the tapes when reving, whilst the green light was on. His bike only pulled forward when at max(ish) revs immediately before the tapes were due to rise. 

This was a starting offence for which he was disqualified. Starting offences are a singular event and nothing from that is carried forward throughout the meeting. 

Later in the meeting he received a warning for moving at the start resulting in an unsatisfactory start. Nowadays the ref can let the race continue even if he thinks the start was unsatisfactory. The decision on whether to restart a race is if the ref feels such movement impedes other riders. This came in when fans were disgruntled about repeated attempts to start a race. 

Warnings carry through a meeting and should Jake had moved again it would then be treated as a full on starting offence complete with disqualification. 

• Like 1