British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue V Sheffield - Mon 26th @ noon

Just now, GeneralMelchett said:

Fair play to Edwards good ride that!! 

You get the feeling though that they could have done 16 laps and nobody would get up the inside.

Just now, Waspman said:

Did kelv say Ben Edwards in heat 14

or was it Jason Cook? 🙃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40-38 said:

You get the feeling though that they could have done 16 laps and nobody would get up the inside.

Maybe so but it was still a decent defensive ride - when Blodorn tried to get past Thompson you felt that it was almost by accident that Thompson blocked him off. Ben cook does like the inside line he tried the same in heat 14 on Josh this morning! 

Sheffield must be licking their lips for next week and the fact they will take the first trophy of the season that’s available! I wonder if other fans genuinely feel like it’s a shame we don’t have Emil and Doyle so everyone can see some amazing racing and feeling like you’ve beaten our full team, tai and holder, Kurtz and Bewley, fricke and Lawson… if these were all missing I’d feel slightly deflated beating that team knowing it isn’t really their team. But, you can only beat what’s in front of you and this is speedway so I’m not sorry for myself! Haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Maybe so but it was still a decent defensive ride - when Blodorn tried to get past Thompson you felt that it was almost by accident that Thompson blocked him off. Ben cook does like the inside line he tried the same in heat 14 on Josh this morning! 

Absolutely. Still, as a Leicester fan I don't often get to moan at anyone else's track, so...😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Shano101 said:

Sheffield must be licking their lips for next week and the fact they will take the first trophy of the season that’s available! I wonder if other fans genuinely feel like it’s a shame we don’t have Emil and Doyle so everyone can see some amazing racing and feeling like you’ve beaten our full team, tai and holder, Kurtz and Bewley, fricke and Lawson… if these were all missing I’d feel slightly deflated beating that team knowing it isn’t really their team. But, you can only beat what’s in front of you and this is speedway so I’m not sorry for myself! Haha

Witches had been very impressive at Owlerton this year - I’d say only Leicester right now stand in the Tigers way for the title  - Bv not good enough tonight and struggled to win this AM! 

3 minutes ago, Shano101 said:

You just have to hope no one gets injured in the deep dirt at Sheffield.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shano101 said:

Always choose to see a full team out. Would have been a great match up with Doyle, Emil and Tai all riding 

Just now, GeneralMelchett said:

Witches had been very impressive at Owlerton this year - I’d say only Leicester right now stand in the Tigers way for the title  - Bv not good enough tonight and struggled to win this AM! 

I'd fancy us against BV and Ipswich, Sheffield I'd be more worried as Fricke doesn't always go that well there. But I can't see us being beaten at BP by anyone the form we're in. Famous last words!

1 minute ago, 40-38 said:

I'd fancy us against BV and Ipswich, Sheffield I'd be more worried as Fricke doesn't always go that well there. But I can't see us being beaten at BP by anyone the form we're in. Famous last words!

I hope Leicester go on to win it if Ipswich can’t 

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

That’s 2 hours of my life I won’t get back lol

Heat 15 sums it up perfectly…. Gate ride wide and nobody can catch you 

Dire track.

It's like watching an F1 GP around Monaco.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

Always choose to see a full team out. Would have been a great match up with Doyle, Emil and Tai all riding 

It’s what we pay our money for - today at the NSS we had some cracking heats - The Holders Dan etc - sadly BV tonight - Dan B excepted weren’t really up to it! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

40 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

ollie allen saying same thing and he's GB joint manager !! 

GB aren't in the PL though, they're World Champions

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Peter Oakes contacted Kelv during the last match and told him he was wrong and 1 v 4 this season and he has completely forgotten and repeated it tonight- and Olly Allen is just as bad.

When you can't even be bothered to find out what is wrong with Brady Kurtz and you've been in the pits with him earlier in the afternoon and been around the pits all evening with all the riders and managers there's no way on earth you're going to be able to relay the pay off fixture situation to the viewers!