British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue V Sheffield - Mon 26th @ noon

The Tv coverage/camerawork has gone downhill, sky much better even when they first started 20+ years ago, so much for progress.

• Like 1

Just now, Baldyman said:

It's just as bad as the racing at Ipswich,, both are awful,, 

Still rather see they riders closer with the chance of a mistake rather then guys flat out and spread out 

5 minutes ago, Gavan said:

The camera work is shocking 

The racing is just awful … make the gate and go 

This is an awful advert for the sport 

After Ht8 it changes..

They then follow each other up near the fence rather than mid track. 😁

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1

I feel I may have made the correct decision to go to the NSS and not Owlerton tonight - so far not a patch on the noon match.

Interesting that two riders look completely different to the morning - Kyle Howarth and Voulas  - I suppose that’s home track advantage for you 

2 minutes ago, BlueIn2Red said:

Did anybody see the highlights from Brum on the Discovery stream also? Covered in buggy overlay graphics so you could hardly see the racing. So unprofessional - BSN do indeed put them to shame, on a fraction of the budget.

Is that like when you see it and the riders helmets colours are all shaky?

5 minutes ago, BlueIn2Red said:

Did anybody see the highlights from Brum on the Discovery stream also? Covered in buggy overlay graphics so you could hardly see the racing. So unprofessional - BSN do indeed put them to shame, on a fraction of the budget.

Wasn’t just me then - I thought I was having a seizure for a moment 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Still better than that Foxhole rubbish 

If you prefer the riders to be strung out with no chances of a pass then that’s up to you … faster isn’t better … people used to moan about Wolves but it was miles better then Sheffield 

Ipswich isn’t great but at least the riders are closer 

Olly Allen talking about Holder doing 70mph by the fence like it’s exciting … it isn’t 

I have to agree production quality this year has been very poor with awful camerawork, bad vision mixing and poor directing 

The article below has a crucial statement saying that the broadcaster Eurosport had asked the OB provider to cut costs which they have done they are using an older OB truck with old cameras which is showing on screen with bad pictures , less experienced staff using Uni students for some roles but that’s what you get when you cut the budgets so much

https://www.svgeurope.org/blog/headlines/experimenting-with-power-cloudbass-pushing-the-boundaries-of-sustainable-production-on-speedway-with-tesla-powerwall-batteries/

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Broke ribs in Poland. He was in yellow 

He done well then😄.The question was what's happened since lunch time.🫣😄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, flagrag said:

I have to agree production quality this year has been very poor with awful camerawork, bad vision mixing and poor directing 

The article below has a crucial statement saying that the broadcaster Eurosport had asked the OB provider to cut costs which they have done they are using an older OB truck with old cameras which is showing on screen with bad pictures , less experienced staff using Uni students for some roles but that’s what you get when you cut the budgets so much

https://www.svgeurope.org/blog/headlines/experimenting-with-power-cloudbass-pushing-the-boundaries-of-sustainable-production-on-speedway-with-tesla-powerwall-batteries/

Yeah that figures, evident so.

43 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

he is down to ride for dackarna tomorrow in swedish play/offs if he does that will mean he will have to ride at kings lynn weds otherwise he could well get a ban ???

You know Kurtz has a pass... as seemingly does Tungate, unless The Weasel is on his holidays

• Like 1