British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue V Sheffield - Mon 26th @ noon

26 minutes ago, iainb said:

If, as the announcer just said, Mulford touched the tapes before the green lights went on, surely he shouldn't have been excluded in heat 4?

It wasn’t the announcer, and it wasn’t before green light his clutch was dragging and as soon as revved up pulled forward.
Even if was before green light still would have been excluded for delaying the start probably. 

9 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It wasn’t the announcer, and it wasn’t before green light his clutch was dragging and as soon as revved up pulled forward.
Even if was before green light still would have been excluded for delaying the start probably. 

The woman announcer said "before the green lights came on", as long as the 2 mins clock wasn't at zero he shouldn't have been excluded. I can't see the green light or the clock from the back straight but I can certainly hear the announcer!

Edited by iainb

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

The woman announcer said "before the green lights came on", as long as the 2 mins clock wasn't at zero he shouldn't have been excluded. I can't see the green light or the clock from the back straight but I can certainly hear the announcer!

Just looking on updates and he must have been excluded for the 2 minutes and delaying the start as it says Milford warned for moving in heat 8 after the race.

He would have had to be excluded and went of 15 metres if the original offence was for the tapes.

3 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Just looking on updates and he must have been excluded for the 2 minutes and delaying the start as it says Milford warned for moving in heat 8 after the race.

He would have had to be excluded and went of 15 metres if the original offence was for the tapes.

Yes, I thought the same thing when I heard that

Josh Pickering wow! He's certainly run into some form lately, since he's got his shiny new engine! Got his elbows out this afternoon, should make tonight tastey :D

• Like 1

On 8/25/2024 at 11:52 AM, GeneralMelchett said:

Thanks for the all the parking advice - I plan to get across pretty early so will examine options! 

still think this maybe closer than expected hit still expect a home win maybe 48-42 ish 

I’ll just leave this score prediction here - great meeting and great racing although heat 15 itself was a non race once the Aces gated

2 hours ago, iainb said:

never trust what a woman says😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

was some good races even though track was quite slick. gonna go to Sheffield later but dont think we will keep it that close , gonna still make the effort to go, was a good crowd today. 

certainly be more Aces fans there than sheffield had at NSS today !!

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Josh Pickering wow! He's certainly run into some form lately, since he's got his shiny new engine! Got his elbows out this afternoon, should make tonight tastey :D

Josh is a great racer so will blossom on our track

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

was some good races even though track was quite slick. gonna go to Sheffield later but dont think we will keep it that close , gonna still make the effort to go, was a good crowd today. 

Yes decent attendance 2k+ I would have said - the chap I sat next to in the  fourth bend area of the grandstand said normally I have this area to myself!! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

they did say they were putting on a mini bus for anyone interested😂

yes and if they were still asking for people it would suggest it's not full ? majority will go by car !!

9 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Yes decent attendance 2k+ I would have said - the chap I sat next to in the  fourth bend area of the grandstand said normally I have this area to myself!! 

Good to hear a decent crowd for todays meeting.